Hire in the USA
The USA is the biggest economy globally and is a powerhouse in terms of its industrial sector and the services sector. With an unemployment rate of 5.5 percent, the US fares better than many developed nations. Surprisingly, the US does not have any legal laws for paid vacation or paid family leaves. It is one of the few countries in the world-denying these rights to its workforce. In 2009, the USA had the third-highest productivity per person on the world stage.
The USA has been a leading manufacturer of arms and technological innovation since the late 19th century. As of 2021, the USA is the most technologically advanced and equipped nation in the world. It has a highly developed economy that works on free-market principles.
Overview of USA
In the world economy, the USA stands to be the largest importer of goods and services and the second-largest exporter. The private sector in this nation makes up 86.4 percent of its economy. The largest employment sector in the USA is healthcare and social assistance employing 16.4 million of its population.
Total population – 331 million
GDP – US$22.7 trillion
The USA has an annual GDP growth of 3.3 percent. Based on nominal GDP, the USA is the fifth-largest economy in the world and the seventh-largest economy based on GDP per capita at PPP. Of the world's total wealth, the USA possesses a staggering 29.4 percent. The wealthiest 10 percent possesses Seventy-two percent of the household wealth in the USA. In comparison, the bottom half of the population possesses only 2 percent of the wealth. It has a per capita income of US$ 68,309.
As one of the wealthiest economies in the world, the USA has a huge market. They have trade relations with China, European Union, Japan, Mexico, Canada, etc. The leading sectors in their market are Petroleum, natural gas, aerospace, steel, financial services, electronics, chemicals, consumer goods, defense equipment, motor vehicles, information technology, telecommunications, healthcare, food processing, mining, construction, real estate, pharmaceuticals, retail, lumber, etc.
A brief glimpse of the industries -
- The sales revenues of the US dropped by 8.7 percent in March of 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Their estimations are for considerable growth in 2021 as the need for services is increasing throughout the country.
- The airline industry faced a sharp decline in its revenues as air transport was halted worldwide. Recovery from that negative slope is estimated to be slow, and hence the sector will have low productivity.
- The finance sector of the USA has faced similar downward changes. But this sector is gearing up fast and is expected to make a positive income in 2021. The employment rate for foreign employees may be less in 2021 since preference is given to local workers.
Cost of living in the USA
The cost of living in the USA is high. The major cities have rocketing rental rates. In urban areas, you might find a reasonable price, but it is impossible in cities. Being one of the wealthiest countries globally, the USA has a high cost of living that is not easily affordable to lower-income personnel.
Cost of Renting
The cost of renting depends upon the area of your house. It also depends on whether you are sharing it or living alone. Living alone costs a lot in the USA, thus giving rise to shared households. There are affordable rentals available for individuals across the nation.
Cost of living depending upon your location
The cost of living in major cities is extremely high as compared to minor cities. Depending on your location and the employment sectors available in that area, the cost of living varies.
- Cities categorized as Tier 1 cities are metropolitan cities like New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles.
- Cities classified as Tier 2 cities are upcoming centers like Seattle, Pittsburgh, etc.
- Cities classified as Tier 3 cities are locations with notable growth potential like Akron, Biloxi, etc.
Mentioned below are details regarding the cost of living in the leading Tier 1 cities of the USA.
The top sectors that are expected to hire in 2021 in the USA are: -
Top skills in the USA
The USA is a multidimensional region with open job opportunities in many sectors, right from Information Technology to Healthcare. It is an inquisitive nation always in search of raw and unique talents. Content creation, UI/UX design, E-commerce, etc., have some of the major opportunities in the USA.
Major skills and areas which have witnessed a recent growth rate
- Content creation
- Scientific Research
- Information Technology
Top skills city-wise occupation-wise
The USA is a very advanced nation in various fields. The top cities have numerous hiring sectors. Here is a list of few cities in the USA and the opportunities they have to offer –
- New York –New York City, is a hotspot for tourists. It is one of the leading cities in the USA. Major tourism-related jobs are found in this city. Apart from that, the sales sector in this city is blooming. Many remote opportunities for sales are available in 2021.
- San Francisco – San Francisco is a global, ethnic city. Being one of the largest cities on the west coast, it has high output fisheries industries. It is a well-developed city and offers an exceptional quality of life. Business, hospitality, government services, education, healthcare, transportation are the major revenue-generating sectors in this city.
- Las Angeles – Las Angeles is the heart of tourism along with Las Vegas. These two cities have a range of casinos and legal gambling lines. People come here to enjoy their life. It is a city for bachelors with great job opportunities for young minds.
Hiring a position is not an easy job. Various resources are needed to be invested in hiring a person. The major factors are –
- Time invested
- Orientation of applicants
- Resources used for interview
- Training costs
Salary structure for various roles
The table below highlights the average salaries that are offered to employees in the USA according to different sectors:
Employment laws in the USA
The US Department of Labor (DOL) enforces employment and labor laws across the US There are over 180 federal laws currently applicable to the labor sector of the US Following employment aspects are regulated by the US Department of Labor –
- Wages and Hours
- Workplace Safety and Health
- Workers' Compensation
- Employee Benefit Security
- Unions and their Members
- Employee Protection
The laws and regulations that govern the employment relationships in the USA are based upon –
- Contractual agreements
- Social security laws
- Individual duties and rights
How Can Skuad Help You with Hiring in the USA?
If you seek the best talent for your organization in the USA, then be prepared for a lengthy and tiresome process that will consume a significant amount of time and money. But with Skuad by your side, all these worries are taken care of in a professional manner. Skuad is best positioned to cater to your hiring requirements by utilizing its unified employment platform. Connect with Skuad to know more.