Apex is an object-oriented programming language that is used to develop applications on top of the Salesforce platform. Apex is basically a coding software for Salesforce. Using Apex, one can write custom business logic on top of the Salesforce platform, which can be executed on various occasions. Apex is saved, compiled, and executed on the salesforce.com platform or on the servers of salesforce.com and not on the client device. For using Apex, there is no need to install any development kit, compiler, or interpreter. All that is needed to run Apex is a browser and an internet connection.
The development platform of Apex is used as a SaaS application. The usage is restricted to take place only on the CRM of Salesforce.com. In April 2007, Saleforce.com declared the Salesforce.com Platform Edition. This variant allows clients to get to Apex applications without buying into the organization's center CRM item. Using Apex on top of Salesforce, developers can create third-party (SaaS) applications. The developer has access to Salesforce's database. The developer also uses a client-server interface and an included API, which helps obtain data of the users on Salesforce.com. Salesforce is a CRM giant established in 1999 as a cloud-based software company that generated $13.28 billion as revenue for the fiscal year 2019 with a year-over-year growth rate of 26%.
Why Choose Apex?
The common components of SaaS, such as web-based widgets or multi-user databases, are allowed by the API without the development of the traditional infrastructure linked with the SaaS applications. Apex runs and is hosted directly from Salesforce servers without any prior requirement of the installation. A user can access the program from the standard interface and must purchase Apex through App exchange or Salesforce web portal as an add-on to CRM.
The flow of action in Apex is divided into two parts: developer action for the developer and user action for the business user or client user. Developer action includes how the flow is directed for a developer. In Apex, users cannot change any Salesforce functionality and can only add to it. Nothing can be altered in the standard function of Salesforce. Multiple threading is not allowed in Salesforce, and it cannot be used to create temporary files.
- Apex is case insensitive and upgrades automatically.
- Apex shares a Java or C sharp-like syntax and, as a programming language, is object-oriented.
- Apex is easy to test as it provides built-in support functionalities to write and execute test cases.
- Apex is versioned; that is, the code saves with a particular version of Apex, and it executes that version.
- Apex empowers designers to add business logic to most framework occasions, including button clicks, related record updates, and Visualforce that allows users to create any user interface page.
- Apex Code can be started by Web administration demands and from triggers on objects.
The Apex stage comprises of the following stages: -
- Apex Builder: This is an on-request segment that permits simple, intuitive customization through a restricted arrangement of features. Applications of Apex Builder are generally simple to make; however, they should be developed based on restricted, pre-characterized interface components and algorithms pertaining to business logic.
- Apex API: This is a technique employed for recovering raw information from servers of Salesforce.com. Programs that are outside of Salesforce.com also use the API, such as Java applications that require access to a customer's data in the account on Salesforce.com.
- Apex Code: This is a fully functional programming language that can be used on the servers of Salesforce.com. It has implicit techniques for getting to client information and provides both adaptabilities in creating the Apex API, while there is a decrease in the calls that are completed between the server and the client. Though the Apex API programs are required to be in contact with servers of Salesforce every time they access or record any information, Apex Code applications can handle such exchanges locally, possibly requiring customer worker correspondence when taking client input and showing the final product.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Roles and Responsibilities
Salesforce is the number one CRM system at present globally. Such a strong user base attracts a giant demand for developers. CRM allows organizations to manage customer relations and interaction at a one-stop destination with driving efficiency and improving outcomes.
To guarantee success as a salesforce designer, one ought to have broad experience working with Salesforce CRM stages, application advancement abilities, and the capacity to take care of complex programming issues. Eventually, a top-class Salesforce designer can make dynamic and adaptable Salesforce applications that completely meet the organization's requirements.
Further, the roles and responsibilities include,
- Delivery: Creating modern applications using Apex script
- Testing: Use best practices to perform operational help, improvements, bug fixes on a case-by-case basis to Salesforce.com. Test stability and functionality of the application, including user training and documentation.
- Problem-solving: Efficient troubleshooting and bug fixes. Providing on-call support for the resolution.
- Implementation: Using Salesforce applications by designing and running coding. Give specialized help and end-client investigating for bug fixes, upgrades, and "how-to" help.
- Maintenance: Securing and ensuring the integrity and availability of the application is maintained.
- Collaboration: Working with colleagues in sales, marketing, and customer support to translate business needs into effective tools within the Salesforce framework.
- Tailoring: Use Apex in Salesforce to tailor needs in CRM systems.
- Maximizing Efficiency: Ensure customer success and create effectively scalable products within Salesforce
- Meeting with customers to decide business, utilitarian and specialized necessities and take part in application plan, setup, testing, and arrangement.
- Willing to be active in creating substantial expectations (prerequisites determinations, plan expectations, status reports, project plans).
- Adhering to all standard working strategies, and keeping up to occasions, episodes, demands, changes, issues, and so on.
- Proactively connecting with persistent improvement for application configuration, backing, and practice advancement endeavors
- As a developer, the responsibility lies for improvement, backing, upkeep and execution of complex parts of a venture/project module.
- Developers ought to have the capability to function as autonomous employees, equipped for applying their own judgments in the space of software/programming development.
- Developers need to have intensive information on at least one developmental technology/programming.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Software Engineering.
- Demonstrable experience with Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning component framework. That is, SFDC Apex Code-L2 SFDC Lightning-L2 SFDC Advanced Configuration-L2.
- Modern and advanced knowledge of Salesforce permissions, roles, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Experience in execution with APIs and integrations.
- Knowledge of software development outside of Salesforce or other CRM software packages (Microsoft CRM, InterAction, SalesLogix, Oracle On-Demand, SAP, etc.)
- Software Engineering skills with Java SE & EE (Java, JSF, SQL).
- Knowledge of relational databases, ETL tools and data modelling.
- Proficiency in SQL scripting, including stored procedure, functions, and DDL.
- APEX 5 Universal Theme.
- APEX Plug-in development
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- A developer must work within departments; therefore, excellent communication and team-building skills are a must. Multi-tasking and time-management are great skill sets to have on board.
- Project management skills are a must for a developer. They must also have attention to detail with an ability to learn and use new software scripts and languages
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Apex Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract by utilizing its unified employment platform.
Apex Developer has set itself up as the most encouraging profession that individuals can seek after. Salesforce is a standout amongst other CRM systems that are available in the market at the present time. Individuals who have become Apex developers reported job satisfaction and adequate compensation. A cross-market average salary of an Apex developer is $92,164. In the United States, it ranges from $116,190 to $146,500 a year. The average salary of an Apex or Salesforce Developer is around $112,318.
An Apex developer certification is designed and accredited to those who can demonstrate designing, building, planning, and executing the necessary tasks on Salesforce. It verifies that a professional has the necessary skills and knowledge to design custom applications and analytics functions on top of the features of the Salesforce platform. The training and certifications are available with advancing modules. The modules teach web administrations/services, email administrations/services, and performing complex validation. It also instructs on creating custom transactional logic and other leveling up skills required for Apex. Acquiring this certification can streamline employee's abilities to jump directly into the Apex development realm in the Salesforce framework. It also helps the employers to grab onto the selected candidates efficiently in a pool of software engineers and developers.
Skuad is a unified employment platform that caters to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!