Your privacy is important to Skuad Pte Ltd. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Skuad”, “our”, “we,” or “us”). It is Skuad's policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, https://www.skuad.io, and other sites we own and operate.
We commit ourselves to the highest standard for data protection and privacy. Due to our global footprint, we are subject to several data protection regulations and as a guiding principle, we apply the strictest regulation to protect your data and privacy globally. This results in a broad set of rights and choices made available to you.
2. Information We Collect
Information we collect falls into one of two categories: “voluntarily provided” information and “automatically collected” information.
“Voluntarily provided” information refers to any information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions.
“Automatically collected” information refers to any information automatically sent by your devices while accessing our products and services.
3. Log Data
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details about your visit.
Additionally, if you encounter certain errors while using the site, we may automatically collect data about the error and the circumstances surrounding its occurrence. This data may include technical details about your device, what you were trying to do when the error happened, and other technical information relating to the problem. You may or may not receive notice of such errors, even in the moment they occur, that they have occurred, or what the nature of the error is.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifiable by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual people.
4. Device Data
When you visit our website or interact with our services, we may automatically collect data about your device, such as:
- Device Type
- Operating System
- Geo-location data
Data we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
5. Personal Information
Personal Identifiable information is any information about you which can be used to identify you . We may ask for personal identifiable information — for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter or when you contact us — which may include one or more of the following:
- Social media profiles
- Phone/mobile number
In order to provide the services we offer and to fulfill or contractual obligations, we may ask for personal information - which may include one or more of the following:
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Financial information
- Health Information
- Government IDs (Health ID, Social security etc)
6. Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. In which instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
- Contractual Necessity:
Skuad may process personal data based on contractual necessity when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or for taking pre-contractual steps at your request. This means that we process your personal data to fulfill our contractual obligations to you or to establish a contract with you. For example, if you engage Skuad's services, we need to process your personal data to provide the requested services, manage the client relationship, and handle related administrative tasks.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations:
Skuad may process personal data when it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation imposed on us. This legal basis requires us to process personal data to meet our legal responsibilities, such as fulfilling obligations under applicable laws, regulations, or court orders. For instance, if we are legally required to retain certain records, conduct due diligence checks, or report information to regulatory authorities, we will process the necessary personal data to fulfill these obligations.
- Legitimate Interests:
Skuad relies on legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing personal data, provided that such interests are not overridden by your rights and interests. Our legitimate interests may include various business purposes, such as improving our services, developing new features, conducting research and analysis, ensuring the security of our systems, and promoting our business. When relying on this legal basis, we carefully consider the impact on your privacy rights and only proceed with processing if it is reasonably expected and does not unduly infringe on your rights and freedoms.
- Legitimate Interest of Third Parties:
In some cases, Skuad may process personal data based on the legitimate interests pursued by a third party, provided that such interests are not overridden by your rights and interests. This means that we may process personal data on behalf of a third party if it is necessary for their legitimate interests and does not disproportionately affect your rights. For example, if Skuad acts as a data processor for a client, we may process personal data on their behalf to support their legitimate business purposes, such as providing HR or project management services.
7. Collection and Use of Information
Skuad may collect your Personal Data through our communication and your usage of our products and services. Personal Data can be directly provided by you or indirectly collected by us when (i.e. from your interactions, use, and experiences with our products):
- You register for an account through our Website
- You sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels
- You use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- You contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
- You opt-in for Marketing messages or participated in promoted events
- When you become a platform user
- If you are an employee of Skuad
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes including but not limited, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- To provide you with our platform's core features and services in accordance with the legal & contractual obligations.
- To enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our website
- To contact and communicate with you
- To consider your employment application
- Testing new products
- Improving our products and services
- Managing our operations with other companies that provide services to us and our customers
- Developing new ways to meet our customers’ needs and grow our business
- Marketing and events-related communication
- Making and managing payments and payrolls
- Managing fees and charges due on user accounts
- Managing taxes and compliances
- Crime prevention and managing risks:
- Identifying, investigating, reporting and preventing fraud, money laundering and other crime
- Managing risk for us and our Users
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Investigating and responding to complaints and feedback
We may combine voluntarily provided and automatically collected personal information with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources. For example, our marketing and market research activities may uncover data and insights, which we may combine with information about how visitors use our site to improve our site and your experience on it.
We provide the following information to you, when your personal data have not been obtained directly from you:
- Identity and Contact Details: We disclose the identity and contact details of the controller, as well as the representative where applicable.
- Data Protection Officer: We provide contact details of the Data Protection Officer, where applicable.
- Purposes and Legal Basis: We specify the purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing of personal data.
- Categories of Personal Data: We outline the categories of personal data that are being processed.
- Recipients: We identify the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data may be disclosed, if any.
Data Transfers: If applicable, we indicate any intention to transfer personal data to a recipient in a third country or international organization and mention the existence or absence of an adequacy decision by the Commission. We also refer to appropriate safeguards and how to obtain a copy of them if they have been made available.
8. Security of Your Personal Information
At Skuad, the security of your data is of utmost importance. We take extensive measures to safeguard the information you provide, ensuring protection against loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, and misuse. These measures are designed to align with the sensitivity of the data we collect, process, and store, as well as the current advancements in technology. Skuad has obtained internationally recognized security certifications, reflecting our commitment to maintaining robust security practices.
However, it is important to note that due to the inherent nature of communication and information processing technology, we cannot guarantee absolute security against external intrusions while transmitting data over the Internet or when it is stored in our systems. Additionally, when you click on a link leading to a third-party website, please be aware that you will be leaving our site, and we do not have control over or endorse the content found on such third-party sites.
You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services. For example, ensuring any passwords associated with accessing your personal information and accounts are secure and confidential.
9. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
To ensure the safe and thorough management of your personal information, we adhere to a deletion process that aims to either completely remove your data from our servers or retain it solely in anonymized form. Our services are designed to protect against accidental or malicious deletion of information. However, it's important to note that there may be occasional delays between the time you initiate a deletion and when copies are effectively removed from both our active and backup systems.
Nevertheless, there are certain circumstances where we may need to retain your personal information for legitimate business or legal reasons. These may include obligations related to compliance with applicable laws, accounting or reporting requirements, or the need for archiving in the public interest, scientific research, historical research, or statistical analysis. Additionally, certain data may be retained for extended periods to fulfill purposes such as ensuring security, preventing fraud and abuse, or maintaining financial records.
10. Children’s Privacy
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 16. If you become aware that someone under the age of 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please reach out to us, and we will promptly take measures to delete such information.
11. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- A parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company
- Third-party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators
- Our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you
- Third parties to collect and process data
- An entity that buys, or to which we transfer all or substantially all of our assets and business
12. International Data Transfer
By providing us with your personal data and using our services, you acknowledge and consent that Skuad will receive and process your personal data. Your personal data may be transferred to other countries where our affiliates and service providers are situated. It is important to note that some of these countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, and in some cases, these laws may not offer the same level of protection. If you are a citizen of EEA or the UK, and we transfer your information to a third-party provider located outside of Europe or a country without an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we will ensure that these providers enter into an agreement that includes appropriate safeguards for your information. This will be achieved through the use of EU Model Clauses (SCCs) and the UK International Data Transfer Addendum.
13. Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Individuals in the European Economic Area, California, Singapore, UAE, Canada and across the globe have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data.
- Right to be informed: The right to be informed about the processing of personal data, including the purposes, recipients, and legal basis for the processing.
- Right to Access: The right to obtain confirmation of whether personal data is being processed and, if so, to access that data.
- Right to Data Portability: The right to receive a copy of personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit that data to another data controller.
- Right to Correction: The right to request the correction or amendment of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to Erasure: The right to request the deletion or removal of personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing: The right to request the limitation of processing personal data under specific conditions.
- Right to Object: The right to object to the processing of personal data based on specific grounds, such as legitimate interests or direct marketing.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: The right to be free from discriminatory practices or treatment based on the exercise of one's data protection rights.
- Right to Additional Information: The right to request additional information about the processing of personal data beyond what is typically provided in privacy notices or disclosures.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: The right to withdraw consent given for the processing of personal data at any time.
- Right to Make Complaints: The right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if the data subject believes their rights have been violated.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale: The right to opt out of the sale or disclosure of personal data to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- Right to Object to Automated Decision-Making: The right to object to decisions made solely based on automated processing, including profiling, that significantly affect the data subject.
Data Subjects can exercise their rights under the applicable regulation subject to their citizenship by getting in touch with us either through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the given form. To ensure the security of your request, we will verify it using the information associated with your account, including your email address. In certain cases, we may request government identification as part of the verification process. If you prefer, you can also designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf to exercise these rights. To do so, the authorized agent must provide proof of authorization.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
15. Business Transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data, including your personal information, among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, continue to use your personal information according to this policy, which they will be required to assume as it is the basis for any ownership or use rights we have over such information.
16. Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
17. Changes to This Policy
If the changes are significant, or if required by applicable law, we will contact you (based on your selected preferences for communications from us) and all our registered users with the new details and links to the updated or changed policy.
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights listed above or if you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact our Data Privacy Office at: email@example.com