What C# can do for you
- Develop cloud-native apps
- C# can be used for developing Windows client applications
- It is also widely used for Windows libraries and components
- Backend services
- Windows services and web applications
- Web services and Web API
- Native iOS and Android mobile apps
- C# is widely used in Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning
- Azure cloud applications and services
- Backend database using ML/Data tools
- Interoperability software such as Office, SharePoint, SQL Server, and so on.
- C# applications are seen in blockchains and distributed ledger technology, including cryptocurrency
- Internet of Things (IoT) devices use C# extensively
- C# is used to develop gaming consoles and gaming systems
- Create video games
Windows Client Application
C# was first used for Windows applications development when Microsoft first announced it in 1999 to the developer world. Today, WPF and Windows Forms are used extensively for Windows client applications. Developers also use C# for writing non-UI console and WPF browser-based applications.
Requirement - Hard Skills
A C# developer should have C#, .NET, and Microsoft Visual Studio working knowledge at an entry-level. Knowledge of different coding languages like SQL, Python, Java is desirable. The candidate should be able to write clean code. Analytical and problem-solving skills are a big asset. Other skills include:
- Should demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Should have experience working with remote teams around the world.
- 3+ years of Hands-on C# development experience
- Knowledge of ETRM/CTRM a big plus
For a senior C# developer, in addition to the skills mentioned above, the following skills are required:
- Sound understanding of coding and development processes.
- Experience with working in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps Automation Tools
- Experience with software design and OOD methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of OOPS concepts with C#
- Knowledge of working with Relational Databases and SQL is plus
- Working knowledge of ORM frameworks
- Many companies prefer candidates to have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with Web services development like SOAP, REST is a plus
- Candidates get in Object-Oriented Programming, MVC, Design patterns, and SOLID principles
- 3+ years of relevant experience leading software design and development effort
- Strong knowledge of programming languages: C#, WPF
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Exposure to data structures and algorithms
- Cultivates, develops and manages strong relationships with team members.
- Should be able to communicate design rationale and ability to build consensus
- Know how to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Influences others through their professional/technical expertise.
- Soft skills like eye to details and able to put ideas into action is a huge advantage
- Should be able to learn and explore new tools, languages, and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience
- Familiarity with Windows Presentation Framework
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Strong in Object-Oriented Programming
- Able to decipher code versioning tools
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit testsExperience with C# and SQL
- Experience with ASP.NET WebApi, ASP.NET MVC, .Net Framework/Core and Entity Framework
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Good understanding and practical implementation of OOD/OOP principles
- Experience with agile methodology, sizing stories, planning, and retrospectives
- At home with Git or similar DVCS
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt to new tools & technologies.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Write code for a feature change
- Design and write automated unit tests to ensure that the product and new features you're assigned are running smoothly
- Applying our metrics-driven agile approach
- Developing C# .NET solutions as per the requirement of the organization.
- Should be able to develop different applications ( as per business requirement) using the .NET framework.
- Must know how to debug and manage codes
- Have sound grip in organizing projects
- Reporting and resolving issues in .NET
- Manage technical risks
- Able to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Providing technical support to stakeholders in the organization.
- Reporting on project statuses and developments to a higher authority
- Participate and contribute in project meetings
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
- Design, development and test new features in the applications developed
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all the stakeholders
- Should be able to work in Agile Scrum environment
- Provide support to end-users
- Must be thorough in translating application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, develop, and test new features
- Must be able to design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Must be responsible for performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications developed
- Identify bottlenecks ( in the form of bugs) and come up with solutions quickly and devise solutions to these problems
- Participate and contribute in fully agile Scrum deliveries
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Designs and implements new interface components in collaboration with the product owner and other Micro Focus development teams.
- Enhances existing components with new capabilities while maintaining compatibility.
- Maintains the existing components and resolves problems reported by customers.
- Provide feedback on test plans, test cases, and test methodologies.
- Writes and executes unit tests for assigned portion of the application
- Research new technologies for feature improvements.
- Works with other software application engineers to develop reliable, cost-effective, and high-quality solutions.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- A university degree in computer science, software engineering, or other technical field OR at least four years of experience in software development (not including internships or trainee programs)
- At least one year of recent experience writing production code in .NET for software development and web applications (not including internships or trainee programs)
- Ability to work with a globally dispersed team
- Ability to learn quickly is a plus
- Have theoretical knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, computer architecture, and software engineering
- Must have worked in a complex production system developing and unit testing new features
- Fluent English verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have worked in an enterprise-level web application.
- Hands-on experience in designing architecture is a bonus
- Experience with software design patterns is a plus
- Must have worked with .NET Core and Entity Framework.
- Must have experience around service-oriented architecture, web services, APIs.
- Knowledge of database design and LINQ is good to have
- Hands-on experience on Microsoft Azure is an added advantage.
- Proponent of continuous integration, unit testing (mandatory), and automation.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate clearly and efficiently with team members regarding application development
- #, .NET, MVC Framework, Entity Framework, and Windows Azure
You can hire a C# developer for a full-time position, freelance position, or project-based contract position. Remote hiring has become predominant among companies due to the ongoing pandemic. However, experts believe that remote working is here to stay even after the pandemic is over. So whether you're looking for freelance, full-time, or contract developers, we at Squad can help you hire the best talent tailored to your requirements and industry.