Hire Clojure Developers
Clojure is a dynamic and functional Lisp language based on Java. The Clojure language also uses the Lisp macro system and treats code as data. Clojure is a functional programming language widely used in the software world. Clojure helps to design programs that are robust and functional in nature and utility. Clojure offers to work in immutable data structures. In case working in a mutable state is required, Clojure offers an alternative transactional memory system along with a reactive agent system to allow verified multi-threads designs. The versatility of Clojure makes it an excellent choice for a variety of projects. Various industries can use this, such as social networking and big data. Initially, Clojure was designed to work with JVM. Since the Java Virtual Machine is the most popular Clojure implementation, it is widely used in different frameworks.
Learn more about Clojure
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Features of Clojure
The features of Clojure make it a simple, cohesive, and powerful tool. Hence, Clojure combines ideas from various programming types such as Lisp, ML, Haskell, and even quantum computing. The language Clojure is dynamically typed. A type is assigned to each value at runtime, and values are dependent on types throughout the program. Thus, the developer need not explicitly specify the type.
Clojure being a data-driven language, collections (an important component) play a central role in Clojure. Collections are the data structures that allow values to be combined, like arrays and Hash maps. Clojure offers flexibility and integration with other programming languages. No parenthesis are required in Clojure. Clojure provides a multipurpose solution with JVM integration and simplifies multithreaded applications. Clojure is popular for its functional approach that offers customizable logic, implements business functions, and provides easy refactoring.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Clojure developer
A Clojure programmer works in companies or freelances to provide top class software solutions to clients and customers. As software engineers and programmers, Clojure developers must work under diverse circumstances to ensure proper functioning and integration with various systems and software. The basic outline of a developers’ duties include: -
- Commit back-end functional and unit testing
- Develop applications and infrastructure to support some of the largest software development projects
- Participate in the development of the next generation of data management technology
- Providing advice on architectures, patterns, and strategies for core DBs, DLs (distributed ledgers), edge servers, and libraries
- Contribute to technology roadmaps and decisions
- Organize and participate in agile development meetings
- Document process flows and technical specifications
- Writing, testing, and ensuring Clojure and related software support.
- Conducting requirements research. Analyzing and identifying user requirements.
- Engaging in all stages of Clojure Application Development
- Understanding software cycles throughout the software development life cycle.
- Carrying out backlog grooming, sprint planning and iteration demos
- Writing efficient, readable and maintainable code.
- Participate in the design of open-source projects.
- Debugging, testing, and reviewing codes
- Assembling the database architecture as required
- Developing a product release schedule and ensuring timely delivery in collaboration with interdepartmental teams.
- Schedule product releases with the internal teams.
Clojure is widely used in top-tier companies in their web applications and development stacks. The demand for software developers to understand top skills, including Clojure, is high in the software world. Companies use the dynamic environment provided by Clojure to enhance productivity and quality in their tech stacks. A software developer/programmer needs to have the required skill set to get the desired opportunities as a Clojure Developer.
- Strong understanding of functional programming
- Demonstrable experience with web programming
- Understanding of tools such as React and associated web technologies
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and container-based deployments
- Experience/ understanding of natural language processing and machine learning applications
- Some knowledge of relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Strong technical background with Node.js, React.js, and other related stacks
- An understanding of AWS services would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of serverless applications is desired
- Expertise in SQL, NoSQL, and modern databases is a plus
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Clojure Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure for Clojure Developer
Companies are looking for efficient programming language experts to handle the growing demand for large applications in programming. Developers who possess these skills have plenty of opportunities. The average salary of functional programming engineers is higher than the industry average. Since Clojure is a basic skill to have in software development, therefore salary structures are well reported. According to Ziprecruiter.com, the average salary of a Clojure developer ranges from US $129,887 to US $173,500 per year. The salaries can start from US $80,018 as well, according to mobilunity.com. Payscale.com reports an average salary of US $106,306 for Clojure skills in developers annually. The national average salary for a Clojure Software Developer is US $88,855 per year in the United States, as stated by Glassdoor jobs. Depending on the hiring company, location and other perks, the average salary can increase or decrease from the average.
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
If you have some experience as a Clojure developer looking to launch your venture, going the freelancing or contractual route is the way ahead. At present many companies are outsourcing their Clojure development work to freelancers and contractors. You can avail of these opportunities as a freelancer and enjoy a steady stream of work as well as the freedom to work at your leisure. But the remuneration you can expect is directly related to your experience and skills.
As developers try to harness skills and expertise in Clojure, earning credentials from recognized platforms is essential to prove credibility and build trust. Clojure.org recommends various training courses from Cognatic, Brave and True, Star weaver, Klisp Technologies etc., that offer specific training courses for all levels and expertise in Clojure expertise. Clojure bridge is another community-based learning initiative under the umbrella of the Clojure community where marginalized sections and minorities of society can access free training events and workshops to harness Clojure skills. Other online platforms like Udemy, Coursera etc., also offer skill enhancement courses for beginners and a range of courses for experts in the field to update their skill set.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!