Key Features of CodeIgniter
CodeIgniter has some distinctive features that make it most popular and efficient. Below listed are some of the reasons why CodeIgniter is widely used among the developer community.
- Exceptional Data Classification: CodeIgniter is mainly developed to benefit clients the most. To save time with relatively fewer resources, developers and business owners prefer CodeIgniter because it is a summarized framework with very few sub-folders. Thus, usage of CodeIgniter helps with the faster progress of the project. It also supports developers to implement web development projects efficiently because data falls under the unique file organization model.
- Built-in Libraries: CodeIgniter has fully-loaded built-in libraries that facilitate web tasks like sending email, session management, managing databases, form validation, and many more. Other than this, built-in components also help with error logging, localization, pagination, data encryption, URI routing, page caching, security, and XSS filtering.
- Faster Loading and Implementation Time: Both users and developers tend to prefer fast-loading applications. Most of the modern frameworks take less than one second to load after installation. However, with CodeIgniter, pages get loaded at an average of 50ms. So, the extra time spent optimizing, like in the case of other frameworks, can be saved when developers use the CodeIgniter framework. In addition, a better time frame for loading and execution leads to a faster response time compared to other frameworks. Hence, no other framework has been able to overtake or match the implementation speed of CodeIgniter.
- Secure Frameworks: When it comes to security, none of the application development companies want to lose the benefit of improved security. Its outstanding security feature presents a great benefit for using the CodeIgniter framework for web application development. PHP presents the advantage of numerous in-built functionalities for input and output filtering. A majority of them point to the encryption and decryption processes that are highly beneficial for the developer to take the lead and manage data in installation.
- Excellent Documentation: The CodeIgniter framework has superior documentation. Developers can refer to numerous user guides, books, tutorials, and answered forum questions on CodeIgniter. This means if a developer faces any issues during the building process of any web application, he/she can refer to the documentation. There are chances that some other developer might have already encountered the challenge, solved it, and the solution is out there ready. CodeIgniter documents are much smarter and better than any other system. CodeIgniter comes with an excellent, pristine, and extensive documentation flow that will enable users to think in a better and a different tangent altogether.
- Great Testing Facilities: The stage-by-stage testing facility, which is extremely beneficial in a web application development process, makes the CodeIgniter stand out from its counterparts. This unique feature helps developers evaluate each function's performance rate and follow the best approach for the further development process of the project. The CodeIgniter framework also helps with easy error handling. Errors in the code are displayed precisely without any hassle. So, developers mostly prefer this framework whenever they are asked to develop an error-free web application.
- Hassle-Free Migration: With CodeIgniter, database migration is simple and easy. It lets a user migrate a database from one server to another. Since it provides adequate migration support services, several organizations rely on CodeIgniter. No matter where the old data was stored, users can always migrate the old data to this platform without any hassle. And the best part is, even if there is an issue during migration, one can get the required help from the vast community.
- Better Search Engine Optimization: Another great reason for businesses to opt for CodeIgniter for website application development is its ability to improve the ranking of the website. This framework overtakes its counterparts when it comes to development platforms where the main focus is on traffic enhancement. Apart from this, CodeIgniter offers numerous features that help optimize the website without affecting any other core components of the web application.
The CodeIgniter framework uses RAD (Rapid Application Development), and hence, it allows an approach to develop software that is less reliant on planning and design. Also, this framework is more focused on delivering the product to users and receiving feedback. To be a good CodeIgniter developer, one needs to be familiar with the process of building the advanced structure for the web application that can run on all the platforms flawlessly. Therefore, while looking for a CodeIgniter developer for your company, make sure the prospective candidate has hands-on experience in PHP. Additionally, it is also good to have expertise in application architecture planning. However, an ideal candidate might not have all the required skills. Still, the considerable knowledge about web application development and the willingness to learn new technologies can play a major role.