Hire a Flutter Developer
The world of technology is evolving at a rapid pace as new programming languages and associated software rise and fall. Lately, mobile applications are becoming more and more functional and popular. Fortunately, there are numerous programming tools, libraries, and frameworks available to developers who want to build applications. Among these tools, Flutter is one of the handy technologies which has some unique and useful features. Flutter is Google’s UI toolkit primarily used to build natively compiled web, mobile, and desktop applications from a single codebase.
Unlike other solutions in the tech world, Flutter is not a library or framework; it is an open-source software development kit (SDK). In general, an SDK has a much wider scope than a framework or library. An SDK has everything (libraries, frameworks, APIs, and more) a developer needs for software development. And that’s what makes Flutter stand out among other technologies. To develop cross-platform applications with Flutter, developers use a simple object-oriented programming language called Dart. Dart focuses on front-end development, and hence developers can create awesome UI.
Important Features of Flutter
With Flutter, developers don’t need to develop separate iOS and Android app. A single codebase can be used for both platforms. The core objective behind Flutter is the use of widgets. Developers combine different widgets to build the entire UI. Below mentioned are some of the features and qualities that explain why Flutter is a better choice compared to its counterparts:
Currently, Flutter is one of the most innovative mobile technologies in the tech market. It is gaining popularity due to its simplified delivery process and increased productivity. Since Flutter is a fairly new technology, to be a good Flutter developer, one needs to have development experience in other mobile application platforms. While hiring a Flutter developer for your team, make sure the candidate has hands-on experience in developing a cross-platform mobile application. Additionally, it is also good to have proficiency in object-oriented programming languages. An ideal candidate might not have all the required skills, but they should be willing to learn quickly and adapt to different working dynamics.
Requirements - Hard skills
- Hands-on experience in developing native and cross-platform mobile apps
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming languages, preferably Dart
- Familiarity with cross-platform, general-purpose programming languages such as Java, Kotlin, Swift, or Objective-C
- Good understanding of Flutter SDK, Android Studio, IntelliJ, and Visual Studio Code
- Familiarity with databases such as SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Deep understanding of REST APIs and mobile frameworks
- Good understanding of Git and Jira workflows
- Familiarity with the agile development process
- Hands-on experience with testing and debugging mobile applications.
- Familiarity with third-party libraries
- Solid understanding of design patterns over and above MVP, MVVM, and MVC
- Experience in handling location services and notifications
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Experience in launching and managing mobile applications
- Ability to understand and fix any potential compatible issues
- Deep understanding and experience with UI and UX design skills
- Ability to deliver applications on time, following release guidelines
Mobile application developers have a number of responsibilities. Flutter developers also have a bunch of tasks to conquer. Like any other developer, Flutter developers should have strong problem-solving skills. However, their duties are not limited to only a particular area; they need to have expertise in several areas. Some of them include:
- Designing and developing complex cross-platform applications
- Integrating the required features and predicting possible bugs
- Writing clean and readable code that allows scaling the app faster
- Participating in the development life cycle and cooperating with all team members to achieve better results
- Troubleshooting and working with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues
- Integrating new tools and improving the architecture of applications
- Exploring feasible architectures for implementing new features
- Suggesting space and time-efficient logics
- Reviewing new and existing codebase and conducting unit test if needed
- Ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications
- Collaborating with the product manager and project stakeholders and keeping everyone in sync with the development schedules
- Defining database requirements and creating and integrating the database with the application
- Working closely with UI/UX professionals to bring out a delightful product experience
- Managing high-scale product mobile applications
- Adhering to security guidelines while developing the applications
- Validating the cloud system to ensure any new changes do not compromise the security of the backend server
- Regularly communicating with the Quality Assurance Specialist to ensure app stability
- Translating complex business requirements into technical requirements
- Optimizing client-facing software and executing app verification protocols
- Communicating and sharing knowledge with the open-source community and also help to implement mission-critical software solutions
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members
The ongoing pandemic has forced companies and workforces to resort to remote working. Whether you’re looking for freelance, full-time, or contract Flutter developers, we at Skuad can help you hire the best talent tailored to your requirements and industry.
We cater to various sectors - Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.