Hire Google Maps developers
A process of delivering maps on the internet with the help of geographic information systems (GIS) is called web mapping or online mapping. It is a service that is served and consumed simultaneously, and the consumers can seek directions to any of the available destinations they want to visit. It is much more than web cartography and involves an agent with client-server reactions or a web browser. One such online mapping platform is Google Maps. It is a consumer application that offers street maps, aerial photography, real-time traffic conditions, satellite imagery, route planning for traveling in different modes, and panoramic views of streets. Such has been the popularity of this application that consumers from all over the world use it frequently.
Learn more about Google Maps
Google Maps was started as a C++ program developed by two Danish brothers, Jens Rasmussen and Lars, at Where 2 Technologies, a Sydney-based company. It was at first designed in a way where users can download it separately, and later it changed its method of distribution. Google Maps was transformed into a web application in 2004 after Google acquired it. Google announced the launch of Google Maps in February 2005 through the Google blog, and later it was updated regularly. Satellite imagery, GPS location are some of the features first updated. In 2021, they are launching a new feature to display the vaccination sites for Covid-19.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
Important features of Google Maps
Google Maps has always been useful in helping users in many different ways. It enables the user to find a nearby restaurant or distance between two places and navigating places. The important features of Google Maps include:
- Directions and transit: It provides a route planner. It gives directions to the user about the places through different modes like walking, driving, and public transportation. Other features were released, like the eyes-free walking and ignite windows.
- Traffic Conditions: It indicates the area where there is traffic with a color overlay on the top of the roads on the map. This is done with the help of GPS- determined locations. To calculate the traffic conditions, the speed and information details are collected, and it is anonymous.
- Indoor Maps: It helps the user to navigate inside the buildings like shopping malls, airports, universities, and museums. The users can also view the different floors of the building.
- Business Listings: Business owners can create and verify their businesses through Google My Business and provide information about the business, such as phone numbers, addresses, and photos. This helps the user to know more about it by using the maps.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Google Maps developer
Map developers should have deep technical knowledge along with experience. These are the extremely important qualities that employers who hire Google Maps developers look for. A map developer tries to provide prebuilt Google Maps functionality with custom-made implementations. There are some roles and responsibilities required for a Google Maps developer. Some of them include: -
- Should have in-depth technical knowledge and experience.
- Should be able to manage the developer portal and reconfirm that the developers have the knowledge and access to the detailed information on the product offering.
- Should be an expert web developer who has deep knowledge in exposure-oriented API environment and consumption.
- Should be able to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Should be able to work closely with the key users and project teams. He should understand the requirements; create APIs, design specifications, mapping, data flow diagrams, and data flow charts to meet the business needs.
- Should have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the ins and outs of the API management platform to apply security policies, traffic management, and other protocols that support the scaling as per APIs per standards.
- Knowledge of user experience and business or commercial challenges.
- Define the product vision, roadmap, and success metrics for the team and inform product strategy and vision.
- Should provide cross-functional leadership to a team of analysts, legal, PR, privacy, and several more across multiple Product areas.
- Should lead and enable technologies strategy for data enable for technical experience.
- Work with machine learning and platform teams.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Presentation skills
- Decision-making ability
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Google Maps Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure of a Google Maps developer
The package for a Google Maps developer has been increasing due to their demand in various fields. According to the site indeed.com, the annual average salary of a Google Maps developer in the United States is around $106,000. The salary may vary depending upon the factors like experience and knowledge in the field. As the experience increases, the salary package also increases.
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
Freelance Google Maps developers have the flexibility of time and can assess their professional growth by themselves. They have the independence to work according to their convenience. Some companies hire freelancers on a contractual basis or sometimes on a project-to-project basis. The duration of the contract can be for a few months or years. The remuneration that freelancers and contractors can earn depends upon the developers’ knowledge and experience in the field.
Google Maps Developer Certification
There are different courses and certifications available for Google Maps developers. A certification in this field can be extremely beneficial. It helps to demonstrate one’s skill and proficiency in front of prospective employers. This certification can be beneficial for those individuals who wish to promote themselves in front of employers and teams.
As the market is emerging, pursuing a certificate course in one or more programs can increase your chances of being hired as a Google Maps developer. The certification program will contain course content that provides in-depth training and includes curriculum as well as self-study materials. Map development is an extremely in-demand job and a promising sector that has an extremely competitive market. The Google Maps developers are hired in domains other than the IT sector as well. Certification can be added as an advantage for aspiring developers.
The demand for Google Maps developers has been increasing and is expected to continue to grow in the coming years as well. So, this technical training can enhance and boost your opportunities considerably. Google Maps certification can open a whole range of opportunities for you.
Skuad unified employment solution caters to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad today!