Hire GraphQL Developers
GraphQL (QL stands for Query Language) is a programming and query language for APIs and has a runtime for solving queries/inquiries with present and stored information. GraphQL gives a total and reasonable portrayal of the information in AP. It enables customers to request precisely what they need. GraphQL makes it simpler to advance APIs after some time and empowers incredible designer options and tools.
GraphQL runtime is server-side, and it prioritizes giving data that the user specifically asked for. API’s run fast and flexibly on GraphQL. It is an overall developer-friendly programming language. GraphQL provides an integrated development environment (IDE) called GraphiQL. Developers collect data from various sources in one API call; this provides ease and efficiency to the developers. APIs combine applications together so that designed functions built around sharing data and executing pre-defined processes are performed. API’s work as middle connectors to allow developers to create new programmatic interactions for the various applications people and businesses use daily.
More about GraphQL
GraphQL was developed under the umbrella of Facebook in 2012. GraphQL is used by big organizations such as Coursera, Facebook, GitHub, Pinterest, Shopify etc. GraphQL API developers are flexible to add or subtract related fields affecting no other queries. Developers are free to construct APIs with procedures according to their preferences. This is allowed by the GraphQL specification that secures functional predictability options for clients.
GraphQL queries access the properties of one source as well as easily follow references. While regular REST APIs require stacking, loading and processing from numerous URLs, data in GraphQL is gathered by a single request. It also allows users/clients to request custom specifications based on a unique choice of data by them. It serves all data as requested from a single query. This lessens the bandwidth used along with the number of waterfall requests. GraphQL is neither front-end nor back-end; it is simply a programming language used between two clients or systems to share data and information.
GraphQL accesses data from a single point; it does not use endpoints, rather it uses types and fields. Types help in providing app leads for possible and clear query options and user errors. Types are also applied to bypass manual parsing code writing. Mutations are used in GraphQL to alter server-side data. Mutations refer to the state changing procedures in REST; these include DELETE, PUT, PATCH etc.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Roles and Responsibilities of a Graph QL Developer
A GraphQL developer is responsible for creating, developing and managing a GraphQL interface. Queries are a marker feature, and developers indulge in its maintenance and resolution. Different companies require assisted or additional software tools, knowledge and experience to hire developers. Therefore, the job is flexible between integrated tools with GraphQL. The roles can be illustrated as:
- Building applications and service integrations using GraphQL.
- Take part in support activities with UI developers to integrate with APIs / services.
- Complying with best practices and translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Being involved in the process of project creation from start to finish. Ensuring the projects are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning projects. Learning and understanding user interactions and staying updated on growing technologies.
- Participating in architecture design, API design and data modelling.
- Regulating components and tools to increase utility over a wide range of devices and browsers.
- Coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers.
- Locating, investigating, and resolving bugs/customer issues.
GraphQL is a leading programming language with software giants and renowned applications heavily using it. GraphQL developers are required to have experienced skills and a thorough understanding of GraphQL and all its components. Along with basic and advanced knowledge in GraphQL, developers are required to have experience in using integrated tools and support technologies that work well with GraphQL.
- Graph QL hands-on experience is a must.
- Knowledge of Graph QL Resolver
- Ability to define a schema
- Export in Federation and connection knowledge of Graph QL
- Basic understanding of GraphQL servers, Network Layer
- Knowledge in Java, NodeJS, Graph QL, Spring Boot.
- Experience in creating isomorphic applications on the server-side using React.js and Redux with GraphQL.
- Experience in working with GraphQL queries and experience in applying the Apollo GraphQL library.
- Understanding of SQL. and UI/UX experience and knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of Graph QL, REST API development.
- Ability to write and maintain APIs using Graph QL and REST.
- Ability to work with multiple modules and API integrations.
- Moderate experience and knowledge in AWS cloud
- Demonstrable experience in Elastic Search and related technologies
- Being a team player.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of tasks.
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively.
- Teamwork skills and work prioritization on top of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work actively.
- Exhibiting efficient organization and management skills.
- Maintaining proficiency in a particular area of the product.
- Attention to detail to learn and use new software scripts and languages.
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced GraphQL Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure for a GraphQL developer
GraphQL developers’ position is more or less of a software developer in general. Companies require efficient APIs in their stacks for the seamless running of applications. GraphQL provides efficient functioning and swift results, so GraphQL is popular and widely used. The average salary of API developers ranges from US $53,000 to US $179,500 in The United States, according to trio.dev. The same website also states an average of US $115,044 annually for specific GraphQL developers. US $137,500 is the top earner salary according to ziprecruiter.com for a GraphQL developer. The average income amounts to US $114,997 by ziprecruiter.com with a weekly wage of US $55 for freelancers. Payscale.com mentions US $99,954 as the base salary for skills in GraphQL for developers in the United States.
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
There are a lot of interesting opportunities available for qualified GraphQL developers who wish to pursue the freelancing or contract work route. Many corporations are looking for freelancing GraphQL developers to manage their development requirements. Hence, experienced freelance GraphQL developers can explore the available opportunities to work at their own convenience and maximize their earning potential.
GraphQL is essentially an API language, and a lot of organizations provide introductory to advanced training in this language. The course clarifies what GraphQL is and why it is standing out enough to be noticed by computer programmers. It covers the benefits over other API applications such as REST, what sorts of programming designs to utilize it with, and why it benefits both front-end and back-end engineers.
The understudy rehearses GraphQL queries and learns progress points, for example, how to execute a GraphQL worker on the back-end, how to utilize a GraphQL worker with a customer, and how to keep the GraphQL worker secure. Linux organization offers a free training course in GraphQL and is mentioned and promoted by GraphQL’s official site. Apart from that, online platform sites such as Udemy, Coursera etc. have ample courses for developers to learn more about GraphQL.