Hire GUI Developers
A Graphic User Interface (GUI) is a form of interface that lets the users interact with the electronic devices with audio indicators and graphical icons instead of text-based user interfaces. The actions performed in GUI are by using direct manipulation of the graphical elements. GUIs are also used in mobile devices like MP3 players, gaming devices, smartphones, and office controls. It is a system of interactive visual components. It provides information and demonstrates actions taken by the user. When the user interacts with an object, it can change its color and size. Graphic User Interface has been used as a standard one for software application programming. Latest Graphics User Interfaces have features like touch screen and voice command interaction capability.
An important part of software application programming is designing and developing the temporal behavior and visual composition of a Graphic User Interface (GUI). The GUI features of an application are also called Chrome or GUI. Application-specific graphic user interfaces are designed for the vertical market. Some examples include self-service checkouts in the stores, point of sale touch screens at restaurants, airline self-ticket and check-in, Automated Teller Machines (ATM), and controls and monitors screen in an embedded industrial application, which employs real-time operating systems. A GUI developer is hired in IT as well as in other sectors. Some companies like Google, Apple, J.P. Morgan, American Express, Cisco Systems hire GUI developers. The job is high in demand and continues to grow in the coming years.
Learn more about GUI developers
GUI was developed by Alan Kay, Douglas Engelbart, and other researchers at Xerox PARC in 1981. Later it was introduced in the Lisa computer by Apple in 1983. There are several elements used to make Graphic User Interface user-friendly. A common example of GUI is the Microsoft operating system. It is amazingly simple and visually appealing, and easy to perform its function. Every response from the computer is communicated with the GUI. It also offers the users a scope for discoverability.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Important Features of GUI
GUI is simple and easy to learn. Any beginner can easily understand the concept of GUI. It is an important field that is in demand in the market. There are some features for GUI. Some of them include:
- They are easy to use, even for beginners who do not have much knowledge about them.
- They allow the users to test different options quickly.
- It provides a visual representation of the files present and gives details about them.
- Every response is communicated from the computer to the GUI.
- Learning GUI can be very easy, even for a person who does not know about any language.
- GUI provides the user with a lot of freedom, like backtracking to the last step.
- Visibility and abstraction are uniform in GUI.
- It helps to easily exchange information between programs with the help of the ‘drag and drop’ or copy and paste option.
Roles and Responsibilities of GUI developers
Graphical User Interface developers are in demand in the present job market and have a great scope in the coming years as GUI always updates and improves itself. There is always an eternal scope for GUI developers in the job market. There is a demand for people with the required skills and a mindset. Some of the roles and responsibilities of a GUI developer include:
- Should have in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge as well as experience in the field.
- Will be responsible for developing GUI widgets for a software development tool.
- Should have formal bug tracking experience.
- Knowledge of the required programming languages.
- Should work collaboratively with other development teams.
- Should be able to plan, develop and implement user interface strategy.
- Contribute technical expertise toward building a world-class IDE tool.
- Should be able to continuously improve the user experience.
- Should improve JS and CSS quality by conducting code analysis and suggesting changes in procedures and policies.
- Should work with other designers and developers to develop modern, intuitive user interfaces for Software IDE.
- Should be able to maintain existing websites which are developed in open-source format.
- Knowledge of Ajax Json is an advantage.
- Should have experience in JQuery.
- Experience in redesigning applications.
- Experience working with VB to develop screens.
- Experience with screen scraping applications like UIPath, Rocket Software, Cherwell.
- Source code control experience.
- Proficient in working on the operating system.
- Communication skills
- Debugging skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Research skills
- Team player
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Leadership skills
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced GUI Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure for GUI Developers
At present, the job of a GUI developer is in high demand and will continue to increase in the coming years. The average salary of a GUI developer is around US$72,399 to US$92,206 per annum in the United States. In India, the average salary of a GUI developer is around US$4,697 to US$5,368 (3.5 to 4 lakhs rupees) per annum. If you are a well-experienced GUI developer, then the salary package may increase according to the number of years of experience.
Freelancing and Contractual Basis Work
IT expertise is always preferred in most fields. A freelance GUI developer has got the flexibility to work according to their convenience. They can work on-premises and remotely too. A freelance GUI developer can assess his/her professional growth and act accordingly. Some companies hire GUI developers on a contractual basis. If you are an experienced GUI developer, then you can set a good salary package. Many companies now offer contractual work, and the developers can choose accordingly.
Constant updating is always required in the IT field. One way to get updated and to enhance your technical knowledge is by taking a certification. Getting a certification is always helpful and can be beneficial in many ways. A GUI allows the users to communicate with the PCs and other electronic devices using components like menus, symbols and visual icons. A certification in GUI helps you in experimenting with different types of widgets. It also boosts confidence for developing more complex GUI based apps in the future. The certification also gives an idea for designing GUIs and using boxes, adjusting the appearance of GUI to improve user experience and using time-based events.
A GUI certification can be beneficial to boost your career opportunities. It can be a highlight in your resume and added advantage compared to other competitors in the job market. This can open a wide array of opportunities for enthusiastic job seekers.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!