Hire CakePHP Developers
CakePHP is a free and open-source framework for PHP. It is considered to be one of the most popular rapid development frameworks for PHP. CakePHP is known to use popular software engineering concepts as well as software design patterns as convention over configuration as Model-View-Controller, ActiveRecord, Association Data Mapping, and Front Controller.
Developers love working with CakePHP because it helps to break the monotony of typical web development. As a CakePHP developer, you will get to work with all the tools so that you can start coding with a logic that is in sync with your project. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel every time you need to work on a new project. You can simply go and check out a copy of CakePHP and start right away with the coding of your project.
CakePHP has an active community of developers who can help add value to your project. If you’re using the CakePHP framework for your project, you can assume that your application’s core is tested thoroughly and is constantly improved.
Some of the common tasks that a CakePHP developer can do include:
- Validating data
- Sanitization of data
- Debugging and caching
- Testing and error handling
- Internalization and localization
There are many reasons why developers preferCakePHP as a rapid development framework for PHP. Listed below are some of the popular benefits.
- The security feature is impressive and one of the most prominent benefits of CakePHP. The advanced security features make it a choice by default.
- It has an innate ability to support any type of database.
- It can manage all types of files without any glitch.
- Easy to manage content and themes.
- CakePHP comes with RSS feed features, comments, and user management features.
- It also supports more database drivers and shorter URL syntax.
- CakePHP allows auto-detected connections, so the developer only needs to take care of the database connection settings.
- Apart from all these benefits mentioned above, CakePHP also offers built-in validations to make it easy for programmers. Additionally, it supports multilingual features too.
- What developers like most about CakePHP are its easy-to-customize features. It is also quite simple to install and operate.
- Apart from these, it helps reduce developmental time and cost.
- It can test and help the programmer to check the critical points of his applications if needed.
Some of the key features of CakePHP include:
- Localization and flexible caching
- Flexible licensing
- Code generation
- Application scaffolding
- Active and friendly open source community
- Compatible with PHP versions like 4.5 and 7
- MVC architecture
- Email, cookie, security handling components
- Built invalidation
- Session handling components
- Fast and flexible templating
- Request dispatcher with custom URLs, Routes
- Data sanitization
- The flexibility to work from any website directory, with the help of a little Apache configuration
Access control list
The access control list offers an intuitive and easy-to-use interface for databases.
The cookie component also works similarly to the SessionComponent, where it offers a wrapper for PHP’s native cookie.
The security component is necessary to set tighter security while managing HTTP authentication. It also helps to manage HTTP authentication.
The session component is meant to provide storage independent of the wrapper in any PHP session.
The main job of the request handler is to allow you and introspect further into your visitors. It also informs you about the requested information and what kind of content is requested.
It allows implementing an email using mail transfer agents, including PHP’s mail() and SMTP.
The authentication feature helps integrate an easy and quick authentication system that uses different authentication systems, including controller callbacks, Acl, Object callbacks, etc.
Requirement - hard skills
At an entry-level, a CakePHP developer needs to have knowledge of PHP web development.
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Working experience in MongoDB
- It is good to have working experience with HTML and CSS
- Candidates with Bootstrap knowledge has an advantage over others
- Organizations may also ask for experience in AJAX, MVC, and REST
- Other desirable hard skills include knowledge of SOAP, HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience in developing highly scalable applications using PHP CakePHP Framework.
- It is a must to have experience in Object-Oriented Design Concepts (OOPs), Oracle PL/SQL, Web services, XML/SOAP, IDE, JSON.
- Should be able to evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Should have sound knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Experience with User Interface design patterns and experience in using (RWD) responsive UI platforms. Expertise in wrap bootstrap will be an added advantage.
- Expertise in AngularJS, CSS, JQuery UI, JQuery mobile, and the development of responsive applications across various platforms.
- Experience in single-page architecture using HTML5 libraries (Backbone.js, node.js, jade template engine, require.js, and AJAX)
- Experience in integrating 3rd party APIs/web services written in Java or PHP.
- Experience collaborating and managing source code with Git.
- Have experience in Middleware and Multithreaded programming.
- Experience with Search engines, Search Engine Optimizations, and indexing.
- Experience consuming Web Services.
- Experience in an Agile development environment
Other good to have functional skills include:
- Ability to elicit requirements and logically decompose them into assignable work packages.
- Excellent oral, written, and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Work closely with the Innovations RD team for conceptualization and PoC development.
- Evaluate external ideas, solutions, products, and technologies that could be used to expand Open Source capabilities.
- Candidates should be open to learning new open source technologies and languages.
- Apply unique skills and interests to develop new opportunities.
- This job profile requires the candidate to have strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structure skills.
- Should be able to work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Should know how to design client-side and server-side architecture
- Must be able to build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- The candidate should have the experience of developing and managing well-functioning databases and applications with minimal guidance
- Must be able to write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Should be able to troubleshoot, debug and upgrade the software to create security and data protection settings
- Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Having the ability to write technical documentation is a bonus skill
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks along with experience in CakePHP application
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g., Apache), and UI/UX design is always considered a plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills are considered to be an asset
- Great attention to detail is always a big bonus to have not just for CakePHP developer but any developer job that you want to apply for
You can hire a CakePHP developer for a full-time position, freelance position, or project-based contract position. Remote hiring has become predominant among companies due to the ongoing pandemic. However, experts believe that remote working is here to stay even after the pandemic is over. So, whether you’re looking for freelance, full-time, or contract CakePHP developers, we at Skuad can help you hire the best talent tailored to your requirements and industry.