Hire Integration developers
Integration is defined as combining various components of software (subsystems) to form a single unified set of applications (single system). It is a software development technology. The integration gives greater agility, performance, efficiency, functional significance, and productivity. Integration is a very convenient technique. It can be easily used and distributed. Integration has become the new trend in the market. It is a modern solution to several problems in the Information Technology field. Many sectors such as insurance, banking, public administration require Integration developers.
More about Integration development
Software Integration has many types. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Star integration - Star integration is the integration of every subsystem of a system to all the subsystems in the system. This is a complex Integration. When all the subsystems in a system are connected, they form a star-like shape. That is where this type of integration gets its name from. This is a very efficient type of integration. Star integration allows the reuse of functionality within the connected system. It is a very flexible integration.
- Horizontal integration - Horizontal integration is also known as Enterprise Service Bus. This integration type is used for creating a connected subsystem of subsystems for communication. It is easy to develop this type of integration. All the subsystems communicate through the Horizontal Integration channel. You can add, remove, replace, or modify any subsystems at any point in time.
- Vertical integration - Vertical integration works opposite to Horizontal Integration. It is a temporary Integration and has a short-term effect. In this type of integration, the subsystems are integrated vertically. It is not the most efficient type of integration, but it is good enough for a quick fix.
- Common data format integration - Common data format Integration is also known as Enterprise Application Integration. It is a vastly different type of integration than the others. It is based on the development of an application-independent data format. A common format is developed, which is very slightly different from the main application. An EAI system is used to transform data.
Important features of Integration development
Software Integration is a big and complex process. Several steps are to be followed to build an integrated system. These steps are essential and should be followed in the same sequence in which they are stated below
- Gathering Requirements - This is the first second of Software Integration. In this step, the Integration developers identify the specifications required for the desired system. These specifications are then collected in the form of subsystems.
- Analysis - This is the second step in the process of Software Integration. The Integration developers research the current state of the company and the application they are working on. Based on the research, the collected requirements are analyzed to check whether they will be a fit.
- Architecture Design and Management Plan - This is the third step in the process of Software Integration. In this step, the Integration developers develop plans, calculations, and blueprints for the desired system. The calculations must be precise and the plans achievable. Use of available resources and gathered requirements is done while devising the plan.
- System Integration Building - This is the fourth step in the process of Software Integration. The desired system is built in this step by following the designed plan. The system is refined on creation, and tests are run to check the compatibility, performance, efficiency, and reliability of the built system. This step takes the longest time to complete.
- Implementation - This is the fifth step in the process of Software Integration. By now, the system is built and ready for implementation. Integration developers now launch the setup of the software.
- Evaluation and Maintenance - This is the sixth and last step in the process of Software Integration. The software is running now, and the only thing left to do is check the system's stability. The software is evaluated for its performance. If any glitches found are fixed by troubleshooting.
Roles and responsibilities of an Integration development developer
- To do conception, design, and development of interfaces
- To design and implement integration architectures
- To have application development skills
- To know programming languages such as Java, .NET, REST, etc.
- To develop a life cycle of information systems
- To manage data analysis
- To integrate disparate systems
- To document the work
- To convert specifications into technical designs
- To conduct maintenance of the applications
- To achieve greater efficiency
- To design productive applications
- To study data sources and data models
- To plan solutions for real-time problems
- To do intensive data acquisition
- To integrate interfaces to SAP systems
- To field map the interfaces
- To convert the physical data integration models to source codes
- To analyze technical requirements
- To design high-quality integration systems
- To optimize the data integration platforms according to the requirements.
- To have analytical skills
- To be creative
- To have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To have strong knowledge of integration systems
- To have experience with service-oriented architecture.
- To know XML Schemas, WS specifications, and SOAP.
- To understand the interdependence of implementation elements
- To be acquainted with SQL
- To be familiar with integration tools such as IBM InfoSphere, CloverET, Pentaho, Pimcore, Karma, Myddleware, Talend Data Integration, webMethods, etc.
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Integration Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary structure of Integration developer
The demand and need for Integration developers in the world market is exponentially increasing. The market is becoming more multifunctional than before. That needs the integration of several components to form multifunctional systems. With the increase in demand, a rise has been observed in the salary structures of Integration developers in the past decade. In the United States, an entry-level Integration developer is offered a salary starting from $65,000. Integration developers with some experience of at least 4 to 5 years in the market are offered salaries up to $133,500 per annum. On average, an Integration developer in the United States earns $95,821 per year. The salary structure greatly depends on your location of work. You will find that in the United Kingdom, Integration developers are offered annual salary packages in the range of $55,274.80 (£ 40,000) to $117,458.95 (£ 85,000). On average, the annual salary is $82,912.20 (£ 60,000).
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
Freelancing is a very smart career move for beginners. Many companies look to hire a professional, experienced Integration developer for a full-time job. But that is not the case with freelancing and contractual work. If the client likes your work, you are most likely to get a gig. Freelance Integration developers can choose their prices. The average of what most freelancers charge is $88 an hour. The freelance Integration developers working 8 hours a day can earn $704 per day. This is the best part of freelancing and contractual work. You get to choose the working conditions such as payment, working hours, workload, etc.
Integration Development Certification
To become a successful Integration developer, you must fulfill some basic requirements. You need to have a degree in computer science or information systems or software engineering. A bachelor's degree will suffice as a basic requirement. But having a degree does not make you an Integration developer. You need to have proper certification by completing courses and having hands-on experience. A course in Enterprise Integration and Web Service development is an exceptionally good start for your career as an Integration developer. The SAS also offers a certification examination for SAS Certified Data Integration Developer. Many such courses are available on the internet and in some colleges all over the world. The IBM Certified Integration Developer program is one of the top programs available for interested candidates. It offers training in Business Process Manager Advanced V8.0. These courses are available at affordable prices. Scholarships are made available by some institutes for bright candidates with promising futures who cannot afford the fees. As integration is a budding field, the demand for certified Integration developers is increasing in the market. If you think you have the skills and will to pursue Integration development, waste no time and get yourself enrolled in one of the many Integration development certification courses.
Skuad unified employment platform caters to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!