Hire iOS Apps Development Developers
iOS, also known as iPhone OS, is an operating system created for mobile devices. iOS was developed and created by Apple Inc. exclusively for hardware. iOS is an operating system that powers most Apple devices like the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, etc. After Android, the most widely installed operating system is iOS. It was unveiled in 2007 for the first generation iPhone and later extended to support other Apple devices like the iPod, iPod Touch, etc. Apple's App Store had more than 2.1 million iOS applications till March 2018.
iOS is a UNIX-like OS derived from Mac OS X. In iOS, there are four abstraction layers.
- Core OS Layer: This layer provides a framework and low-level features for interaction and security with external hardware.
- Core Service Layer: Service required by upper layers is provided by the core service layer.
- Media Layer: The media layer provides the necessary technology for video, graphics, and audio.
- Cocoa Touch layer: Cocoa Touch layer is often used when creating an application and where the frameworks are located.
iOS App Development
iOS app development deals with the making of mobile applications for Apple devices like iPhone, iPod touch, iPod. The coding for the software is done using Objective-C or Swift programming language, which is deployed to the app store so that users can download it. An iOS app developer is responsible for creating these applications.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
iOS App Developers Requirements
Before a developer begins with the process of iOS app development, the following are essential:
- A Mac computer from Apple with the latest version of the macOS installed.
- An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) called Xcode for macOS, which is readily available for download from the Mac App Store.
- An active developer account which is available for an annual fee of 99$.
Xcode IDE works only on macOS computers which are designed only for Apple computers. To post an app on the App Store, you must be a member of the Apple Developer program. To be eligible for submission of apps to the App Store, the apps must be signed and published by Xcode. The Xcode has all the features you need for an iOS app development like code editor, testing engine, interface designer, asset catalog, etc.
iOS Programming Language
For iOS app development, there are two programming languages:
Objective-C: For decades, Objective-C has been the primary programming language for all Apple products. It is an object-oriented programming language that focuses on passing messages to several processes.
Swift: Swift is considered the official programming language for the development of iOS apps. Swift is more focused on security and has a simple syntax. Swift is easy to learn, more secure, faster, and easy to use compared to Objective-C.
Role and Responsibility Of An iOS Developer
The iOS app developer is responsible for coding and designing the base application, maintaining the code, ensuring code quality, fixing bugs in the application, implementing updates in the application, etc. iOS app developers should have a good understanding of the practices and patterns of the iOS platform.
The following are the responsibilities of an iOS developer:
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the quality, performance, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bugs and correcting bottlenecks
- Maintain the atomization and code quality of the application
- Design and implement application updates
- Publish the app on the app store.
- Publish goals on time, rely on judgment and experience to plan
- Collaborate with team members to refine the process and practices
- Promote the adoption of new technologies
- Define a technical roadmap, write an automated test, participate in code reviews.
- Develop and design advanced software applications which can be built on one or more platforms and not limited to iOS.
- Analyze and optimize back-end and front-end while pursuing efficiency, reliability, simplicity, and performance.
- Work with the product team on designing and developing a variety of features and reusable components.
- Engage in technical design, collaborate, and engage in code and design review with the team members.
Requirements - Hard Skills
- Knowledge of Swift Programming Language
- Apple's Xcode IDE
- Design Guidelines
- Spatial Reasoning
- Experience in UI and UX design
- Apple human interface guidelines
- Core Data
- Prototyping skills for getting product feedback
- Developing iOS mobile applications for in-house platforms and products.
Requirements - Soft Skills
- Proficient with Swift or Objective-C, Cocoa Touch
- Bachelors or Masters degree in IT/Computer Science from a premier institute
- Good knowledge of Native Frameworks in data persistence, concurrency handling, background task, etc.
- Should have experience with iOS frameworks like Core Animation, Core Data, etc.
- Experience in performance tuning, offline storage, threading
- Knowledge of UI/UX standards and other web technologies
- Understanding of interface guidelines and designing principles of Apple
- Preferred knowledge of low-level C-based libraries
- Should be familiar with Rest APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Experience in memory tuning and performance with tools
- Should be familiar with push notifications and cloud message APIs
- Should be familiar with continuous integration and have an understanding of code versioning tools (Mercurial, Git, and SVN)
- Should have interest in ecosystems for mobile app development like Cordova, React Native, Flutter.
According to various job portals online, the average salary of an iOS app developer is in the range of $87,000 - $126,000. The salary of the iOS developer may vary depending upon the location of work, job profile, experience, etc.
iOS App Development Certification
To build your skillset and start a career in iOS app development, you will need certification in the course. As an iOS app developer, you understand all the resources from an overview perspective and must be able to code macOS, watchOS, iOS, tvOS, etc. To get a headstart in the iOS app development career, you should have some programming knowledge. To become an expert in iOS app development, you will need to acquire specific skills right from the beginner level and become an expert in iOS development.
The demand for developers is increasing in the industry, and thus, if you are thinking of building a career in this area, you might want to start by building a strong foundation. There are several paths available in iOS development to choose from.
How can Certification help you?
Getting a certification can be a good advancement for your career and help you get better opportunities in the IT industry. Depending on the skills you have, the skills required for iOS development may vary for you. Having a certification in iOS app development increases your chances of getting hired and a higher pay package.
Skuad’s services can help companies hire skilled and professional iOS app developers as per the organization’s requirements.
- iOS (iPhone OS) app development makes applications for Apple devices.
- To develop applications for iOS devices, one needs to be familiar with the Swift programming language or Objective-C.
- The software developed is deployed to the app store from where the users can download the app.
- An iOS app developer should have an Apple Mac computer, Xcode IDE, and an active Apple developer account.
- An iOS development has native APIs and library kits that are easy to use, stable, and feature-rich.