Hire iOS Swift and ObjC developers
Swift is a programming language used for macOS, iPadOS, iOS, tvOS, and watchOS. It's a secure, quick, and engaging programming language. It is a blend of the best of current language thinking with insights from Apple's larger engineering culture and the various contributions of its open-source community. The compiler is performance-optimized, and the language is development-optimized, without sacrificing either.
Swift is user-friendly for inexperienced programmers. It's a high-quality programming language that's as versatile and fun to use as a scripting language. Swift code written in a playground allows you to experiment with code and see the results right away, without the expense of developing and running an app.
The modern programming patterns in Swift have removed many common programming errors. These modern programming patterns are:
- Initializing a variable before using it.
- Checking of out-of-bounds errors on array indices.
- Checking of overflow on integers.
- Optionals guarantee that null values are explicitly handled.
- Automatically controlled memory.
- Controlled recovery from unforeseen failures through error handling.
Objective-C (ObjC) is the fundamental programming language for creating software for OS X and iOS. It is an object-oriented programming language with a dynamic runtime that is a superset of the C-programming language. The syntax, primitive types, and flow control expressions of C are carried over to Objective-C and syntax for building classes and functions.
Along with Swift, this is the primary programming language used by Apple for the iOS operating systems and OS X and their corresponding APIs, Cocoa and Cocoa Touch.
Developing Technology of Swift and ObjC
In Swift, named variables have a simple syntax that makes Swift APIs much easier to comprehend and manage. Even better, you won't have to type any semicolons. Modules reduce headers and offer namespaces, while inferred types make code more straightforward and less prone to errors. Strings are Unicode-correct and employ a UTF-8-based encoding to maximize efficiency for a wide range of use cases so that they can handle foreign languages and Emoji. Memory is automatically managed via strict, deterministic reference counting, which keeps memory use to a bare minimum without the cost of garbage collection.
Objective-C is an object-oriented language built on top of the C-programming language by including elements from the Small Talk programming language. Object-oriented programming, comprising the four pillars of object-oriented development, is fully supported by Objective-C:
- Data hiding
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Role and Responsibility Of iOS Swift and ObjC Developers
iOS Swift and ObjC developers are in charge of creating and maintaining apps for Apple's iOS operating system-based mobile devices. The responsibilities of an iOS Swift and ObjC developer vary according to the seniority level and role in the company. Some of the roles and responsibilities of the developer are given below:
- Design, develop, and create intelligent applications for the iOS platform.
- Define, create, and launch new features, and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Assist in the maintenance of code quality, organization, and automation.
- Create apps and submit them to app marketplaces.
- Implement innovative technologies to improve the performance of your application.
- Unit-test code for robustness, as well as edge cases, usability, and overall dependability.
- Identify and eliminate bottlenecks, and work on bug fixes and application performance.
- Enhance development efficiency by finding, analyzing, and applying new technologies regularly.
- Ensure application performance, quality, and responsiveness.
Requirements - Hard skills
- Basic understanding of Swift programming language, including basic syntax, classes, inheritance & initialization, Objective-C interoperability, control flow (if and switch statements), error handling and optionals.
- Basic understanding of Objective-C programming, Cocoa Touch and third-party frameworks.
- Knowledge of Apple's XCode IDE.
- UX and UI design.
- Familiarity with Flutter/React Native is a plus.
- Proficiency in designing using OOPs.
- Experience in iOS frameworks like Core Data, Core Animation, Core Bluetooth, Cocoa-pods, and others is necessary.
- Offline storage, threading, and performance optimization expertise.
- Familiarity with REST APIs used to link IOS apps to back-end services.
- Good understanding of Apple's design philosophies and interface guidelines.
- Good understanding of Git and other code versioning tools.
- Experience with low-level C-based libraries is preferable.
- Tool-based performance and memory tweaking experience.
- Familiarity with push alerts and cloud message APIs.
- Knowledge of Map APIs and Locations.
Requirements – Soft skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good attention to detail
- A keen eye for design.
- Good time management skills.
- Good execution skills.
An iOS Swift and ObjC developer, along with the required technical skills, should also have work experience in the field and a proven record of the projects they have worked on. The following are some of the needed experiences for an iOS developer role:
- Excellent knowledge of Objective-C and the iOS SDK.
- Proven work experience in software development.
- Working experience in iOS programming with Swift and ObjC.
- Having one or more iOS applications available in the app store.
- A thorough understanding of Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Working experience with iOS frameworks including Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text is a plus.
- Working knowledge of third-party libraries and APIs.
- Knowledge of the whole mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and upcoming technologies is required.
Looking at the market's current trends, the average salary of an iOS Swift and ObjC developer is 82,472 USD per year, with a bonus of 5,012 USD and profit-sharing of 2,300 USD per year. The salary of an entry-level iOS Swift and ObjC developer is 77,557 USD per year. The salary of a mid-level iOS Swift and ObjC developer is 100,051 USD per year, and for a senior-level iOS Swift and ObjC developer, it is 118,552 USD per year. The salary usually varies with the developer's experience, location of the role, and the level of expertise required for the position. Developers in big hubs of the IT industry might earn more than those in other cities. Similarly, experienced developers earn higher than newcomers.
- Swift is a programming language used for macOS, iPadOS, iOS, tvOS, and watchOS. It's a secure, quick, and engaging programming language.
- Swift is user-friendly for inexperienced programmers. It's a high-quality programming language that's as versatile and fun to use as a scripting language.
- Objective-C is the fundamental programming language for creating software for OS X and iOS.
- It is an object-oriented programming language with a dynamic runtime that is a superset of the C programming language.
- In Swift, named variables have a simple syntax that makes Swift APIs much easier to comprehend and manage.
- Object-oriented programming, comprising the four pillars of object-oriented development, is fully supported by Objective-C: encapsulation, data hiding, inheritance, polymorphism.
- Soft skills required are good communication skills, good time management skills, good execution skills, and teamwork.
- Looking at the market's current trends, the average salary of an iOS Swift and ObjC developer is 82,472 USD per year, with a bonus of 5,012 USD and profit-sharing of 2,300 USD per year.
- The salary usually varies with the developer's experience, location of the role and the level of expertise required for the position.
- A certification will help your CV get noticed when applying for an iOS Swift and ObjC developer role. Employers also prefer certified developers.
Skuad serves a multitude of domains, including EdTech, Fintech, healthcare, logistics & transport, retail & e-commerce, travel, banking, media, and others. We function as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations of your overseas employees, from selection through onboarding, invoicing, compliance, and taxation.
Talk to Skuad experts today!