Hire IPython Notebook Developers
IPython notebook, popularly known as Jupyter Notebook, is an interactive development environment. It provides a web-based application for the entire computation process, including developing, documenting, executing code and communicating results.
IPython provides the following features:
- Browser-based notebook interface
- Support for code, text, inline plots, mathematical expressions and other types of media
- Interactive shells
- Tools for parallel computing
- Flexible and embeddable interpreters
- Support for interactive data visualization
- Use of GUI toolkits
It is a popularly used environment in all big tech companies due to the exceptional features and the ease of using IPython due to the user-friendly application.
Tools & Developing Technology of an IPython Notebook
The IPython notebook environment consists of several main components. These components are:
- Notebook Document
- Jupyter Notebook App
- Notebook Dashboard
What is a Notebook Document?
Notebook documents (also known as 'notebooks’) are the documents produced by the Jupyter Notebook application. It contains the computer code and text elements such as links, equations, figures, and paragraphs. They include analysis and results (like figures and tables) and executable documents which can perform data analysis. A human can easily interpret them by reading this data.
What Is a Jupyter Notebook App?
The Jupyter Notebook app is a server-client application that facilitates running and editing notebook documents in a web browser. It can be accessed on a local computer or installed on a remote server and then accessed through the internet. The Jupyter Notebook app also has a dashboard and a control panel showing local documents. These also allow the opening of notebook documents and the closure of their kernels.
What Is a Kernel?
The Jupyter Notebook consists of a Kernel that executes the code present in a notebook document. The IPython kernel executes Python codes. Other languages, too, have their kernels for the execution of code.
The related kernel automatically launches on the opening of a notebook document. When the code in the notebook gets executed, the kernel performs the required calculations and displays the results. The CPU and RAM consumption by the kernel depends on the type of computation performed in the Jupyter Notebook app. The RAM remains occupied until the closure of the kernel.
What is a Notebook Dashboard?
The first thing displayed upon launching the Jupyter Notebook app is the notebook dashboard. It opens notebook documents as well as manages the kernels that are running currently. Some other features of a notebook dashboard are navigating folders and renaming or deleting files, similar to a file manager on a local computer.
Role and Responsibilities of an IPython Notebook Developer
The primary responsibility of an IPython Notebook developer is to work on the web framework and software development in Python. They are required to work on the Jupyter Notebook environment for the development, testing and debugging of their code. Also, they are responsible for the development, support, maintenance, and implementation of a complex project module. They are required to work independently and in a team, according to the project's requirements. Also, they have to respond to technical queries or requests from team members and customers. Also, senior developers should be able to coach, guide and mentor junior members. They are responsible for the execution of various tasks related to the project.
Requirements - Hard skills
- Good knowledge in the domain of application of standard software development principles.
- Deep understanding of at least one development technology/programming language.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux/Windows Operating System and shell scripting.
- Familiarity with the Jupyter Notebook environment, document and testing.
- Good understanding of web frameworks.
- Good knowledge of multi-process architecture.
- Good analytical and design skills.
- Knowledge of version control.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies.
- Ability to integrate multiple databases.
- Good understanding of the server-side templating language.
- Good debugging and unit test skills.
- Ability to create schemas in the database.
- Knowledge of object-relational mappers (ORM).
- Knowledge of machine learning, AI, and deep learning are preferred.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Basic knowledge of data structures.
Requirements - Soft skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Capable of applying judgment to plans.
- Good at the execution of tasks.
- Willingness to guide fellow workers and junior members when needed.
- Effective communication skills.
- Should possess the ability to articulate technical issues.
- Strong work ethic and a sense of accountability.
- Ability to think logically.
- Good time management skills.
An IPython developer needs various skills and experience according to the position they are applying for. The expertise required for an entry-level professional is usually 0 to 2 years; for a mid-level developer, it is 3 to 6 years, and for a senior level developer, it is 6+ years. The skills required also vary with the seniority level of the developer. Some important attributes included in the working experience necessary for an IPython Notebook developer are:
- Good experience working in the application of standard software development principles.
- Experience in Jupyter Notebook environment, testing and debugging.
- Deep knowledge of at least one development technology/programming language.
- Working experience with any popular web framework.
- Experience in building big data solutions and software development experience in Python.
- Experience in maintaining and developing commercial or open-source platforms.
- Experience with cloud computing skills like AWS is a plus.
- Experience in working with data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau and query languages such as SQL.
- Working experience with IPython-L1.
The salary of an IPython Notebook developer depends on the developer's experience, location, qualifications, and position. Looking at the market trends, the salary of an entry-level IPython Notebook developer is around 59,888 USD/year to 111.605 USD/year. A mid-level developer can earn around 117,940 USD/year, and for a senior-level developer, the salary is around 132,789 USD/year to 145,923 USD/year.
IPython Notebook Developer Certification
Nowadays, Python is becoming the preferred programming language for various purposes such as web applications, websites, media tools, desktop apps, GUI, network servers and backend APIs. It is also used extensively in machine learning and artificial intelligence-related applications. Almost all the top companies use Python for various applications, including data analytics, robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and machine learning. Hence, they are always on the lookout for highly skilled IPython Notebook developers. A Python certification encompasses all the basics as well as advanced Python concepts along with application-based projects. The application-based projects are according to the current demands of the tech industry and help gain valuable skills and experience as an IPython Notebook developer.
How Can A Certification Help?
The IPython Notebook developer certification can help brush up and further solidify the basics, along with gaining new skills. The certificate serves as solid proof of the developer’s learning and quest to become a better developer. Companies looking out for IPython Notebook developers often give preference to certified developers. Also, the industry-relevant projects in the certification are an invaluable addition to the resume. They show that the developer can work efficiently on the current projects that are going on in the industry.
Skuad can help you in your hiring process for experienced and qualified IPython Notebook developers from around the world based on your requirements. With our help, you can easily find top talent and hire freelance, full-time or contract employees as per your organization’s requirements.
- IPython is an interactive development environment.
- It provides a web-based application to users for the entire computation process, including developing, documenting, executing code, and communicating the results.
- It has a user-friendly browser-based notebook interface.
- It supports code, text, inline plots, mathematical expressions, and other types of media.
- It has Interactive shells and flexible and embeddable interpreters.
- It has tools for parallel computing.
- It provides support for interactive data visualization and the use of GUI toolkits.
- The IPython Notebook environment consists of several main components: Notebook Document, Jupyter Notebook app, Kernel, and Notebook dashboard.
- The experience level and skills required for the position of an IPython developer vary according to the seniority level and the role of the job.
- However, all candidates should know the Jupyter Notebook environment, testing and debugging skills, and a basic understanding of software development irrespective of the seniority level at the position.
- Along with the required hard skills, candidates should also have good teamwork skills, execution skills, time management skills, communication skills and should be capable of executing tasks.
- IPython Notebook developer certification helps in learning new skills, working on industry-relevant projects, and serves as proof of the things learned.