Hire Java EE Developers
Java EE is the successor of J2EE and is essentially an enterprise utility software. It stands for Java Enterprise Edition and has features such as distributed computing and web services. Enterprise Applications (EA) are a product arrangement that gives business rationale and apparatuses to display whole business measures for associations to further develop usefulness and effectiveness. Models incorporate invoice frameworks, client-relationship management, executive framework, etc. Its features are Java-based, and they run on Micro-servers or specific application servers.
Java EE is useful in making web pages, scripting, and viewing databases interactively, and maintaining distributed queues. The APIs of Java EE have similar operations to base Java SE APIs. These include JavaBeans, connectors, Java Server Pages, Servlets, and other web services. Java EE has a layered nature as it provides several clients, business, and enterprise components. Java EE is largely used to construct Desktop Applications which include anti-viruses software, games, etc.
Java SE is the prototype of Java EE that provides basic functions, basic type, and function coding. Sun Microsystems, in collaboration with IBM, originally designed Java EE to ease designing applications. Java EE has a basic presentation in libraries, virtual machines, deployment, etc. Java EE is an advanced and updated version that is used for running large applications. Java EE performs all actions in middle-tier operations between the user machine and the enterprise databases. Java EE is powered with a sturdy set of APIs developed through the Java Community Process (JCP) responsible for developing all Java Technologies. The strong APIs shorten development time, simplify applications, reduce the complex nature, and improve the application's performance.
Java EE has different layers, each having its distinct purpose. The client tier- It is the user interaction interface. The client tier uses the Java Server on a different machine, and the user can send requests and receive them back after the server processes them. A web tier is a place where the business tier and the client interactions are handled. Finally, the Business tier is composed of all basic logic and functionalities. Java EE frameworks are efficient tools used in complex, bulk load, and large running enterprise applications. Companies like TripAdvisor, Biting Biz, IWB, Base tack, etc use Java EE in their tech stacks.
Java EE runs on basic core technologies that help in its efficient running. These initial releases had 30 APIs, with the number shooting up to 50 in newer versions. In terms of comprehensive understanding, dividing Java EE into core technologies, these can be illustrated as follows:
- HTTP Client Technologies: Different components like the Java API are used for Web-Socket programming, an API for JSON Processing is available. The JSF and Servlet APIs and the JSP Standard Tag Library are other components that offer HTTP client support.
- Database and Resource Access Technologies: Java Transaction API (JTA), Java Message Service (JMS) API, and JavaMail are deployed as a regulated channel for ensuring interactions with external and back-end systems.
- REST and web administration advancements: To assist with events and arrangement of REST-, SOAP-, XML-and JSON-based web benefits, the Java APIs for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS) and XML-based web administrations (JAX-WS) are incorporated, alongside APIs for XML informing and XML vaults (JAXR).
- Java EE security and container management: Software developers can access Java Authorization Contract and Java Authentication Service provider for Containers. This access helps the developers to implement custom Java EE security managing containers.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Roles and Responsibilities of a Java EE Developer
Java EE developers have a job role like Java Developers. However, their functionality and expertise lie in the development and implementation of Java EE. Their role ranges from designing Java application phases to conducting software analysis, programming, testing, and other architectural activities. Further, their responsibilities in an organizational structure are as follows: -
Regulating Java Application Life Cycles
Java EE designers have key duties all through the whole developmental pattern of use improvement. They assist with drafting programming ideas and specialized plans to carry out high-performing and profoundly adaptable applications. They define and carry out arrangements dependent on explicit business prerequisites. Java EE engineers compose application code for Java programs and deal with the product's general design.
Testing and Maintaining
A significant job for Java EE designers is to test, execute, and keep up with all application programming on the Java EE stage. Occasionally, they are required to interact with different groups using the applications they are working on to facilitate testing, debugging, and analyzing the software.
Programming documentation is a significant piece of a Java EE designer's work. Their reports fill in as a kind of perspective for future support issues and overhauls. Java EE engineers compose and keep up with specialized documentation covering logic, coding, testing, upgrades, and resolutions made to their programming applications.
Java EE designers frequently team up with different specialists and work with colleagues in executives and quality check/assurance departments. They ensure to timely deliver product highlights and advantages that customers demand/require. Java EE designers guarantee the product they generate and ensure it coordinates with legitimate business tools.
A Java EE developer must fulfill the job role by having a deep understanding of Java and all its components. Developers must extensively deal with Java frameworks; therefore, a core understanding and advanced Java and related tools are the foundation stone skill for any Java EE developer. Mastering Java language and having a good hold on associated software such as Java SE, Java EE, Java ME, and Java X is in popular demand in the job search markets related to Java, especially in business enterprises.
Companies look for various skills for Java and Java EE developers in the fast-evolving world of software development. These skills help in advancing flexibility and compatibility in organizations; the most popular skills are:
- Experience in core Java, Java EE, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Maven, Jenkins, Git/GitLab. It is desirable to have In-depth knowledge of Hibernate and Spring boot as well.
- Knowledge in implementing databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL)
- Understanding Test Driven Development (TDD) is a significant professional skill to have.
- Demonstrable experience with XML/XSD/JAXB and Web Services.
- Design and implementation of latest restful services and Rest APIs
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC and Agile technology. Experience in running methods, templates, and techniques of the same.
- Writing error-free and secure high-quality code and maintaining the same throughout software cycles.
- Experience in unit testing and mocking frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience in industry Application Servers such as WebLogic.
- Understanding of OO design principles and development patterns.
Soft Skills Required
- Taking ownership and responsibility of tasks.
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively.
- Skills in stress management and multitasking business.
- Teamwork skills and work prioritization on top of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work actively. Exhibiting efficient organization and management skills.
- Maintaining proficiency in a particular area of the product.
- The developer must have attention to detail to learn and use new software scripts and languages.
Salary Structure of a Java EE Developer
Java and related tools form the core of programming skills. Java has a strong community and enterprise support. Its popularity continues to grow. Companies require Java-related skills in developers across various departments and job profiles. According to PayScale, the average salary for a Java developer is US $69,722 per year, with an average salary range of US $47,169 to US $106,610 per year. The statistic reported by ZipRecruiter mentions a US $139,000 annual salary for top earners and an average of US $113,452 for Java developers and related Java EE developers. Glassdoor.com reports the national average salary for a Java EE Developer as high as US $91,631 in the United States.
Freelancing and Contractual Work
Experienced and skilled Java EE Developers also can explore the opportunities available in the freelancing and contract work domain. Many major corporations are outsourcing their Java EE development requirements to external experts to control their costs and quicken project completion. This allows the freelancers the much-needed opportunity to work at their convenience and maximize their earning potential. The remuneration is directly related to the experience and skills of the individual.
Java EE Certifications
Java has a growing popularity among programmers and companies. The demand is likely to stay, and developers are required with Java technologies specific skill set to help companies carry out smooth functions in almost all sectors where web applications and programming is required. Hence, Java career opportunities are not fading. For developers to specialize in Java tools, various platforms (as per hackr.io) offer verified certifications, some of which are Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer - OCAJP. Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer - OCPJP.
Spring Professional Certification. Oracle Certified Expert - Web Component Developer - OCEWCD. Apache Spark Developer Certification - HDPCD. All the certifications mentioned above require candidates to take an exam by registering at Oracle or Pearson VUE. After successful completion, candidates are Java Certified. Other platforms such as Coursera, Udemy, Simplilearn provide training and other related knowledge in Java for beginners and experts.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors - Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!