Hire Java J2EE developers
Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java J2EE) is a tool or platform for developing, building, and deploying web-based, multi-tiered enterprise applications on the web. It is a platform-independent tool, i.e., it can be used on any platform may it be the web or a desktop. It is developed using the Java language. But it also supports pure HTML applications. These HTML applications rely on Java servers for their work. This platform provides its users (developers) with APIs, protocols, and services that help developers develop web-based applications. These provided components are essential for the successful deployment of any application. One of the layers provided by Java J2EE is Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs). The EJBs store the logic of Java J2EE. The server of EJB provides the developers with functions like concurrency, memory management, security, threading, etc. Java J2EE is a very transparent platform for developers. Most Java J2EE applications use Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) as an interface for their databases. It is the standard interface for Java-based databases. The Java servlet API eliminates the need for a graphical user interface (GUI). The Java servlet API is a powerful tool that enhances the consistency of the applications for the developers.
Learn more about Java J2EE
Java J2EE provides a simplified approach than most platforms in the market for the development of internet and/or intranet applications. The applications developed using Java J2EE are highly scalable and highly available. The most amazing thing about using the Java J2EE platform for application development comes with in-built life cycle management, transaction management and resource pooling facilities. The applications designed and developed using Java J2EE can communicate effectively and transparently using XML, SSL, IIOP, RMI, HTTP, HTML, etc. The components of Java J2EE are reusable. That is why the developers and Information Technology (IT) organizations prefer to use Java J2EE. Java J2EE does not force the developers to use all the components in the application development from the Java J2EE package. The developers are free to use a combination of standard, commercially available components and custom components of their creation. Due to this free, malleable and flexible nature of Java J2EE, applications can be done faster and with better quality. The portability and maintainability of the development applications can also be enhanced. This leads to greater returns, best use of resources and increased productivity of the developers.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Important features of Java J2EE
1. Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) drivers
Any application designed using Java J2EE can access or connect to a database through a Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver. Java Database Connectivity has two extensions viz. JDBC 3.0 API and JDBC 2.0 can be accessed through the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) drive
2. Transaction Service
The transaction service of Java J2EE is used for ensuring that data has been updated in the desired manner to maintain the integrity of the data. The transaction service has transactional resource managers that enable the JDBC API, connector modules and JMS API to do the needful.
3. Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) API
The Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) API is a platform to make Java J2EE resources available. It allows its users to look up distributed resources, services and EJB components for developing applications.
4.Java Message Service (JMS) API
Java Message Service (JMS) API is a feature of Java J2EE that allows the users to send, receive, create and read messages in the application. This feature makes available queues, message destinations and topics to the application users.
5. Java Mail API
Java Mail API is a very similar feature to the Java Message Service (JMS) API. This feature, instead of messages, allows the creation, receipt and reading of mail messages. This feature is made available through the JNDI API.
Roles and responsibilities of a Java J2EE developer
- To create cutting edge enterprise-level internet applications for businesses
- To be constantly in the loop with the latest technological development in the field
- To draft software concepts and technical designs
- To implement high performing and highly scalable applications
- To formulate and implement solutions based on specific business requirements
- To write application codes for Java programs
- To manage the applications' overall architecture
- To test, implement and maintain all application software on the J2EE platform
- To interact with other teams
- To perform software analysis on the applications
- To do troubleshooting and debugging as needed
- To program and test the developed applications using Java J2EE
- To make system changes as needed
- To recommend changes to improve established Java application processes
- To do software documentation covering logic, coding, testing, improvements, and corrections made to their specific software applications
- To work with product management and quality assurance departments
- To ensure the integration of developed software with proper business tools
- To build the enterprise-level applications
- To have a proven track record of handling software development from conception to release
- To perform data mapping, configuration and management of developed enterprise applications using ETL (Extract, Load, Transport) design
- To be well-versed in test-driven development
- To have experience with Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)
- To have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To have amazing analytical skills and use them for conflict resolution
- To have advanced coding skills
- To be self-motivated
- To be enthusiastic about technology
- To have a desire to learn
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Java J2EE Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure of a Java J2EE developer
A Java J2EE developer is sought widely in the market. The applications of Java J2EE are numerous, which encourages a good demand in the market for Java J2EE developers.
According to glassdorr.com, a platform providing job opportunities for many skilled individuals across the globe, the average annual salary for a Java J2EE developer in India is US$9,514.55 (₹ 710,000). Based on their years of experience in solving real-world problems through development, the Indian firms and companies offer salaries in the range of US $5,762.34 (₹ 430,000) to US$13,400.78 (₹ 1,000,000) to their Java J2EE developers.
If you take a look at the similar condition in Poland you will find that the Java J2EE developers, here, are paid salaries in the range of US $25,145.11 (96,000 PLN) to US$53,433.35 (204,000 PLN) with an average salary of US $26,061.86 (99,500 PLN) per year.
In the United Kingdom, the average is US$82,038.14 (£ 59,410) per year. The salaries of Java J2EE Developers in the United Kingdom are between US$55,235.24 (£ 40,000) to US$122,898.41 (£ 89,000).
Whereas in the United States, a Java J2EE developer with good skills and at least 2 to 3 years of market experience is offered US$93,414 annually.
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
A freelance Java J2EE developer takes up a singular or a group of projects related to Java J2EE development. Freelancers usually charge by the hour. But some like to charge at once for the whole deal. On average, a freelance Java J2EE developer charges US $40.15 per hour. Contractual basis work runs on the same lines as freelancing. The benefits for both these types of works are numerous. Most freelancers and contractual workers prefer this over a full-time job. The freedom offered by these is undeniable.
Java J2EE Certification
Java J2EE certification courses are provided by several websites and institutes all over the globe. Getting certified is an important step for a successful career as a Java J2EE developer. Amongst the several programs offered by various institutes, the Oracle Certified Professional Certification course for Java J2EE developers is the best. This certification course evaluates the learner's understanding of Java J2EE architecture, ability to implement techniques of business logic to EJBs, understanding of security parameters of Java J2EE and the ability to use concurrency API, Batch API and CDI Beans. Such courses are available at affordable prices for anyone with a programming background.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!