Hire Jekyll Developers
Jekyll is a free and open-source application. It is a blog-aware static site generator for personal and organizational sites and takes down Markdown files. Many websites trust Jekyll to convert Markdown source files to HTML output. The engine behind GitHub Pages is Jekyll that is used to host sites right from GitHub repositories. GitHub pages use Jekyll as the backend for its free website creation service. It produces a static website ready to be served by web servers like Nginx, Apache, or others. It is a simple application that does what you tell without any complications, like a file-based CMS.
Jekyll is distributed under the open-source MIT license. It is written in the Ruby programming language. It does not make any bold assumptions or burden the users with configuration and complexity. It helps you to concentrate on your content and nothing else. A Jekyll developer is the one who builds websites and has an in-depth knowledge of CSS and Ruby. Some top companies like NBC Universal, Unified Infotech, OpenGeeksLab and many others hire Jekyll developers. A Jekyll developer with several years of experience and required skills can get an attractive salary package.
Learn more about Jekyll
Jekyll was developed by Tom Preston Werner in November 2008. It is written in the Ruby language. It was later taken over by Parker Moore, who released Jekyll 1. It was Jekyll who initially started a trend towards static websites. Jekyll uses the cramdown Markdown processor with stock settings by default. The Jekyll program has several commands. It is very simple, and there is no need for databases or pesky updates or comment moderation but only your content. It transforms your plain text into static websites and blogs where a static website comes out ready for deployment. GitHub is powered by Jekyll, which helps you deploy your sites easily using GitHub for free.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Important Features of Jekyll
Jekyll is a blog-aware, simple and open-source static site generator. In 2017, Jekyll was the popular static site generator because it adopts GitHub. Jekyll is the one that started the web development trend towards static websites. Some important features of Jekyll include:
- It provides Textile or Markdown and Liquid templates and produces a completely static website that is ready to be served by Nginx, Apache HTTP server or other web servers.
- Jekyll does not use databases to generate pages dynamically and is a static site generator. It supports content from JSON, CSV, YAML and TSV files.
- Jekyll is used in combination with front-end frameworks such as Semantic UI, Bootstrap and many others.
- The content inside the data files can be accessed via the Liquid templating system.
- Jekyll powers GitHub, and it allows the user to host the websites based on their repositories without any additional cost.
- The sites of Jekyll can be connected to cloud-based CMS software such as Forestry, Netlify or CloudCannon.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Jekyll developer
A Jekyll developer is the one who builds the website. Jekyll developers have a demand in the job market at present. There are some roles and responsibilities for a Jekyll developer. Some of them include: -
- Should have in-depth knowledge and experience in the field.
- Should have a deep understanding and knowledge of the required programming language.
- Should be able to develop Landing pages from the Design Files and Mockup.
- Should have experience with Nextjs, React and Gatsby.
- Should be able to contribute to the development of open-source software and common web technologies integral to building seamless multi-channel experiences.
- Should be able to implement advanced debugging techniques and usage of browser developer tools.
- Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs.
- Should have the ability to communicate well and give proactive feedback to the team as well as peers.
- Should know security or personal data protection principles and GPDR.
- Should be able to implement CMS for SSG.
- Should have experience in site speed optimization.
- Should be able to monitor and report all web traffic metrics.
- Should be able to contribute to discussions on ways to improve functionality and usability.
- Should be able to repair any broken links and fix any reported bugs.
- Should collaborate with technology and business teams to meet needs and to improve efficiency.
- Should monitor security and work with the hosting provider to ensure all necessary updates are in place.
- Should be able to make necessary updates to the company websites.
Skills required for a Jekyll developer
- Communication skills
- Logical skills
- Time management
- Presentation skills
- Teamwork skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Jekyll Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure for Jekyll Developers
There has been a demand for Jekyll developers, and there is a slight increase in the pay. In the United States, the average salary of a Jekyll developer is around US $23,000 to US $48,000 per annum. The average annual salary of a Jekyll developer in India is around US $6,704 to US $9,386. The salary package may vary depending upon the number of years of experience and deep knowledge in the field.
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
A freelance Jekyll developer can work according to his or her convenience and has flexible working hours. Jekyll developers can work remotely too. Some companies hire Jekyll developers on a contractual basis too. A lot of work is available in the job market on a contractual basis, and developers may work with multiple companies and maximize their income. The remuneration available is directly linked with the skills and experience level of the candidates.
IT field requires constant updating, which helps you learn what is new in technology. It can polish your skills. It can provide a deep foundation of broad knowledge in the IT field. It also offers networking opportunities. Certification is always an added advantage and makes you stand out differently from other competitors in the job market at present.
A certification in Jekyll is always beneficial in different ways. It helps you prove your skills in front of employers and is a highlight in the resume. The certification in Jekyll gives you a basic idea on creating a website or blog with Jekyll, creating layouts, using Liquid templating language, and deploying the page to GitHub and using custom data from external files. It helps you to earn higher income and provides industry recognition. Getting a certification is like being more committed to your career path.
Certification is always a plus point as it usually enhances your career opportunities and helps in increasing the salary package. A certification can help in opening a wide array of job opportunities for enthusiastic job seekers.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!