Almost everyone active in web development is familiar with or has heard about jQuery. Due to its simplicity and conciseness, it significantly simplifies the lives of web developers. Once you decide to construct more web applications, you will run into a dilemma, as there is no straightforward way to connect your user interface and data dynamically. Additionally, you require a framework that enables more advanced communication between your UI and the underlying data model. And this is where Knockout.js can assist.
What is Knockout.js?
It is constructed on a two-way data coupling between the UI and the data model, meaning any changes to the data model influence the UI. Any modifications to the UI affect the data model.
It provides an intuitive and simple solution to handle any form of a complicated data-driven model by monitoring each UI element in a web page against the impacted data and dynamically updating the DOM elements whenever the data model is modified.
Features of Knockout.js that Benefit Development Industries
There is no doubt that the features of Knockout.js contribute significantly to its popularity. Most notably, it is critical for various application design and development projects because of these characteristics. Among these incredible attributes are the following:
- Tracking dependencies: With this one-of-a-kind dependency tracking capability, developers will receive automatic UI updates in response to large changes to data models.
- Bindings declarative: It is critical to understand declarative bindings used extensively while dealing with Knockout.js. Declarative bindings are crucial in the application development process because they are the most effective and simplest method of connecting the User Interface components to the data model.
- There are no significant architectural alterations: You can use Knockout.js in conjunction with your current apps. As a result, there is no need to modify the present architecture.
Use of Knockout.js
- The Knockout.js library is a tiny and lightweight file.
- It is a framework-agnostic framework. It works with other client-side and server-side technologies.
- Most importantly, Knockout.js is free to use since it is open source.
- It comes with extensive documentation. Full documentation, including API documents, live examples, and interactive lessons, is available on the main site.
Advantages of Knockout.js for Development Technologies
Knockout.js is not a substitute for jQuery. It does not attempt to include motion, generic event management, or AJAX capabilities (Knockout.js parses data from an AJAX call). Knockout.js is entirely dedicated to developing scalable and data-driven user interfaces.
Moreover, Knockout.js is a cross-platform client-side and server-side technology. Additionally, it serves as a complement to other web applications such as jQuery and MooTools. The benefits of accomplishing those objectives are as follows:
- Tracking dependencies: When your data model changes, the appropriate sections of your UI are updated automatically. It is done through the use of two-way bindings and a specific sort of variable known as observable. You do not need to include event handlers or listeners for dependency monitoring.
- Templating: It is beneficial as your application grows in complexity and you require a mechanism for displaying a deep structure of view model data while keeping your code simple. Knockout's template binding can be accomplished through the usage of different template engines. It includes a native template engine that may be utilized immediately.
Although you will need to utilize Knockout in conjunction with jQuery in some circumstances, such as animated transitions, Knockout does not require it. Additionally, we should understand that Knockout does not compete with jQuery - both are wonderful in their own right. And if you want to maximize your benefits, you should combine them.
- Expertise with Web Services / REST APIs
- Knowledgeable with MySQL Queries Development
- Hands-on experience with Security and Optimization of WordPress Website
- Commercial experience of unit testing/integration/end-to-end testing
- Experience in using CSS pre-processors, CSS-in-JS
- Analyze the Requirements and create a document outlining the Technical Design Specifications
- Conduct actions related to the development and unit testing
- Conduct testing and compare the results to the expected outcomes by the requirements
- Experience in converting UX wireframes to intuitive UI
- Experience in Time boxed project-oriented culture
- Experience in test-driven UI development
- Extensive experience in the usage, design, and implementation of Web APIs
- Experience designing and developing responsive, adaptable user interfaces
- Working knowledge of agile development frameworks
- Working knowledge of Node.js and a strong grasp of closures
- Always be assertive and put forth your point with conviction
- Develop skills to work under pressure
- Accord maximum importance for even to the minutest for details
- Develop the necessary skills to work with teams and collaborate
- Learn and practice and effective communication
- Must display hunger to take up new challenges
- Accountability, humility, being humble
- Must always display the highest level of self-confidence
- Master the art of effective people and time management
- Take full responsibility and control of the entire deployment process
- Should have developed sufficient talent to able to work as part of a dynamic team, working in high standards, delivering great quality
Experience Required for Knockout.js Developers
Developing software is an individual and team effort. At junior levels, high performance and strong knowledge of the domain are essential, along with working in a team. At higher levels, many additional skills are vital to being a strong team lead or manager. Some of these are -
- Voluntarily, take up a leadership role in decision-making & design of APIs, mechanisms, and abstractions.
- Constantly upgrade and design new features, which will positively impact the current and future products.
- Constantly strive to upgrade talent and knowledge from a subject matter expert and disseminate the same to others to expand the knowledge base.
- In regular interval's conduct code reviews, evaluate the implementation, and provide feedback.
Salary Structure of Knockout.js Developers
Knockout.js developers get a range of salaries depending on their roles. According to market research, it ranges between USD 91,391 and USD 1,07,355 each year. The salary is decided by the job title, location, and experience of an individual.
Skuad can help you to find a Knockout.js developer for your organization. Contact Skuad experts, find the developer with desired skills, and make them your employee in the most efficient way.
Usually, companies, big enterprises, and startups struggle to find the right candidate to work for them. Especially when hiring overseas employees, it is a big struggle to manage day-to-day operations, from onboarding to compliances, taxation, and payroll. Alternatively, your expansion efforts can be smooth and hassle-free by choosing Skuad for hiring and other HR tasks.
Skuad acts as your local Employer of Record service to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees, from selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation. We offer the best services to various sectors:
- Logistics and transport
- Retail and e-commerce
Hire Knockout.js developers from the immense pool of skilled and carefully vetted employees for your organization.
Talk to Skuad Experts!