Initially released in 2007, the Language Integrated Query or LINQ is a Microsoft .NET framework programming component that typically adds query capabilities into the C# and other .NET programming languages. Traditionally, it was different to express queries against data, and each data source requires an additional query language that adds up to complexity.
With the introduction of Language Integrated Query, retrieving data from various sources and formats has become much more accessible and uniform. Along with eliminating the mismatch between multiple databases and programming languages, LINQ successfully laid a standard query interface in numerous data sources such as ADO.Net, collections, XML Docs, DataSet, MS SQL, and Web service other different types of databases. While a Language Integrated Query developer plays a crucial role in the IT world, the rise in the demand of Language Integrated Query developers is in the first row.
Professionals globally encounter a handful of problems when it comes to Language Integrated Query. Therefore, the top IT companies are now looking to hire Language Integrated Query developers who are well-versed with the technologies like XQuery, SQL, Web Service, etc., and have a well-defined path to carry out the operations effectively. Though the position comes with its own set of complexities, maintaining a continuous flow that ultimately leads to development is what a Language Integrated Query developer is responsible for.
Tools and Development Technologies of Language Integrated Query
- LINQ to SQL visualizer
- LINQ to Entity Visualizer
- Paste As XML Element
- 101 Samples
- Expression Tree Visualizer
- EDM Designers
- LLBLGEN Pro
- Huagati DBML/EDMX Tools
- SQL Server Profilers
- Huagati LINQ to SQL Profilers
- ORM Profilers
- LINQ to XSD
- LINQ to REST
- LINQ to Twitter
- IQueryable Toolkit
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Roles and Responsibilities of Language Integrated Query Developers
Every role comes with a handful of responsibilities that must be fulfilled with utmost efficiency in the workplace to drive results. Similarly, Language Integrated Query is a complex working area. The developers are bound to fulfill a set of responsibilities that work in favor of the organization, including writing optimized LINQ queries, maintaining data security, mentioning clean and readable codes, and monitoring database security. However, we cannot confine the responsibilities of Language Integrated Query developers to maintaining databases only. The position may vary depending on the years of experience, areas of expertise, precise requirements of the projects, and various other factors.
Every developer needs to possess the required set of skills to ace the working game as a Language Integrated Query developer. Below, we have curated a list of hard skills that will help you to stand out from the rest:
- Proficient knowledge of fundamentals of databases.
- A solid understanding of indexes and tables' major purpose laid as a base for the role.
- A quick understanding of C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework, and REST API.
- Profound knowledge of Language Integrated Query (LINQ).
- Ability to understand PHP development.
- Understanding of Angular.js, Bootstrap, Typescript, Node js, HTML, CSS3/CSS, NPM, and JQuery.
- Ability to understand LINQ syntax is a must-have skill to understand any programming language.
- A quick understanding of popular database systems.
- Discover bottlenecks within the software and suggest ways for improvement.
- A noticeable experience of working in a similar field.
- Thorough understanding of various programming languages.
- Ability to adapt to new changes and technologies.
- A simple understanding of online analytical processing (OLAP).
- Crafting and maintaining indexes to speed up queries.
- Ability to read and understand execution plans that enhance query performances.
Being a developer means imbibing hard skills, but soft skills play an equally important role, if not more. Below, we have listed a set of soft skills that every developer should possess to work well in the organization:
- Being able to understand others’ perspectives and mold themselves accordingly is an essential skill as a developer.
- The ability to communicate your thoughts well to other teammates and understand their opinions is yet another must-have skill for every developer.
- A can-to-do mentality in the workplace will go a long way.
- The capability to land on the right decisions quickly is desirable.
- The ability to adapt to the latest technological changes and learn every new skill is an essential factor that helps Language Integrated Query developers to perform well.
- Working well with others is an essential part of every developer's life.
- The ability to collaborate with your teammates and someone outside the organization helps in overall development.
- A clear understanding of things speeds up end results.
- Learn to live with patients in the IT world.
- Problems are inevitable; therefore, keeping a problem-solving attitude surely helps.
- The ability to own mistakes is rare to find and necessary in the workplace.
- Time management is a practical skill that every developer should invite.
- Learn to prioritize work without causing any chaos.
Experience Required for Language Integrated Query Developers
The role and responsibilities of Language Integrated Query developers are not only confined to the above-listed categories, whereas there are other factors too that they are responsible for. Other than the above-listed responsibilities, they are expected to fulfill yet another set of criteria:
- Bachelors or/and masters degree in computer science or similar field.
- Prior working experience as a Language integrated query developer.
- Hands-on working experience with various computer programming languages.
- A proficient understanding of C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework, and REST API.
- Solid with ability to work with MS SQL Server, Window Services, and IIS.
- Must possess a quick understanding of web development on .NET.
- Noticeable knowledge and experience in agile methodologies.
- Ability to write clean, readable, and well-documented codes.
- Excellent oral and communication skills to carry out conversations in the workplace.
- Ability to adapt and learn new changing technologies instantly.
- Shaping the new talents in the team.
- Collaborating with other teammates to drive results efficiently.
- Analyzing bottlenecks and suggesting practical ways for improvements.
- Daily monitoring of the software and other technological activities to ensure productivity.
- Positively deal with the latest technological changes and adapting them when needed.
- Meeting the expected standards with every new project.
- Ability to listen to other's opinions too.
- Capable of overcoming everyday issues in the organization.
Being a Language Integrated Query developer is a position of pride that comes with significant responsibilities and experience. According to the latest market research, the average salary of a Language Integrated Query developer varies between $82,000- $85,000 per annum, whereas employees with good experience can expect $89,000 per annum. However, it is highly determined by factors such as an individual's job title, years of experience, and certification.
Language Integrated Query Developer Certification
Acquiring certification as a Language Integrated Query developer indicates a professional level of competence and develops you professionally. Language Integrated Query developers are always in demand for an advanced role, and certification gives an upper hand in the position. As a sophisticated and complex domain, the slightest mistake can lead to a handful of issues that can hamper the final performance. Therefore, companies always look for certified and experienced professionals as they have technical superiority over the non-certified ones.
At Skuad, our team of experts can help you hire certified and experienced Language Integrated Query developers who will be proven as an asset to your organization. No matter what your hiring requirements are, be it freelancers or full-time developers, we've got everything covered!
- LINQ was first introduced in 2007 as a major part of .NET Framework 3.5.
- It is a programming model that brings uniformity to data assessment.
- It can be used with various types of data.
- It eliminates mismatches between various databases and programming languages.
- Integrated query developers should be well-versed with XQuery, SQL, Web Service technologies.
- It comes in a variety of flavors that access and manipulate various data sources.
- Developers must have hands-on experience in writing clean and readable codes.
- Noticeable understanding of C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework, and REST API is a must.
- Knowledge of working with popular database systems is required.
- Along with hard skills, Language Integrated Query developers should attain specific soft skills to stand out in the crowd.
- The significant advantages of LINQ are it enhances code readability, and there's no further need to learn new query language for different data sources and data formats.
Skuad is a platform that caters to multiple sectors, including Edutech, Fintech, Retail and eCommerce, Banking, Media, Logistics, Healthcare, Travel, and much more. In short, we are a solution to build an experienced and certified team anywhere in the world and at any point in time under one roof. Right from selecting to onboarding and managing day-to-day operations, we handle every minute detail and let you focus on more complex areas. So, get ready to hire Language Integrated Query developers that will meet your business expectations to the best of their capabilities.
Talk To Skuad Experts!