Developed by Taylor Otwell in June 2011, Laravel is a free, open-source web application framework for PHP that simplifies the development process by streamlining the various tasks used in most projects, including routing, sessions, caching, and authentication. Laravel turns a complex development process into an engaging activity for the developers without compromising the end results. Laravel provides powerful tools that you might need to build large and robust applications.
Firstly released in 2015, Laravel 5 was one of the most popular frameworks ever introduced. It includes multiple exciting features like a scheduler that periodically schedules the executed tasks, a fly system that promotes similar usage of local remote storage and local file systems, better package assets handling through elixir, and a socialite package. An internal directory tree structure was introduced by Laravel 5 for developed applications along with all the features.
After the Laravel 5, Laravel 5.1, Laravel 5.3, and Laravel 5.4 were introduced in 2015, 2016, and 2017 respectively, to improve developer speed without messing up the developing applications. The goal is to achieve similar results while taking less pain. In today's environment, where Laravel 5 is the most used technology, the top companies, and the small start-ups are always on the hunt to hire Laravel 5 Developers who can drive the desired results while eliminating the bottlenecks to maintain the flow of work. The position comes with its own set of complexities that Laravel 5 Developer should assess and fix without hampering the overall working environment.
Tools and Technologies of Laravel 5
Laravel 5 is an extensive framework with various powerful tools and technologies to boost speed and improve overall functionality. Below are the various tools of Laravel that are easily accessible to developers:
- User Verification
- Laravel Debugbar
- Laravel Backup
- Google Nocaptcha
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
Role and Responsibilities of Laravel 5 Developers
With Laravel 5 being a comprehensive framework, the developers are bound to fulfill various responsibilities to meet business expectations. In order to give you an insight into the multiple duties of Laravel 5 Developers, below, we have curated the following list:
- The primary role of Laravel 5 Developer is to construct multiple innovative website applications using web development tools.
- Reasonable for writing clean, readable, and secure codes.
- Build efficient PHP modules and test them for reuse.
- Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining multiple databases.
- Solely responsible for overall performance optimization.
- Perform backend and UI tests regularly.
- Monitor the entire debugging process.
- Develop and execute various web applications.
- Coordinate well with other developers in the team to fulfill data acquisition requirements.
- Responsible for documenting the entire development plan for records.
- Anticipate the development changes when and where required.
- Convey the progress report to the higher authorities.
- Responsible for regular testing and troubleshooting glitches in web applications.
A Laravel 5 developer deals with difficult situations while developing web applications where a good knowledge of the following skills enhances the overall performance:
- Proficient knowledge of PHP web framework and Laravel framework to carry out activities smoothly.
- A solid understanding of MVC design patterns and OOP.
- Ability to understand various open-source projects such as osCommerce and Joomla.
- Hands-on experience in dealing with third-party APIs.
- Noticeable understanding of version control tools and Git.
- Prior experience in working with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL query languages.
- Strong understanding of unit testing software such as Behat and PHPUnit.
- Proficient knowledge of multiple web developing tools and services.
- Familiarity with cloud servers, including Digital Ocean and Rackspace.
- A problem-solving attitude in the workplace.
- Ability to think critically and analytically at the same time.
When it comes to developers, writing clean and efficient codes is not enough. Other than various hard skills, they need to have a good grasp of soft skills, reflecting their personal attributes. Below, we have listed the different soft skills necessary for every Laravel 5 developer.
- The ability to think critically is an essential skill for Laravel 5 Developers.
- The capacity to make quick and efficient decisions and stick by them is essential.
- IT is a changing sector; therefore, adapting to the latest changes and learning is an essential soft skill.
- A can-to-do mentality in the workplace always works well.
- Excellent communication skills to carry out the conversation in the workplace is a must-have skill.
- Ability to listen and understand other perspectives is essential yet rare.
- Laravel 5 developers need to be patient as developing a web application is a process that tests your patience in every possible step.
- Time management is a practical skill that developers should possess to improve performance.
- Learn to prioritize things to avoid confusion and chaos.
- A problem-solving attitude towards most things truly helps.
- The ability to collaborate with other team members to enhance the company's performance is desired.
- Capable of overcoming day-to-day chaos in the organization.
- Understanding others' states of mind and accordingly molding themselves is essential.
Experience Required for Laravel 5 Developers
The responsibilities of Laravel 5 Developers are not only confined to one or two categories as there are a plethora of roles they perform as a Laravel 5 Developer. Below, we have listed some additional duties that these developers are expected to fulfill:
- Must ideally have a bachelor's or/and master's degree in computer science, engineering, or any other related field.
- Prior experience working as a Laravel developer.
- Should be passionate about writing codes and maintaining web applications.
- Well-versed with Laravel 5, developing tools and technologies that ease out the web development process.
- Knowledge of various databases, including SQL and their query languages.
- Solid understanding of formulating web applications and services.
- Collaborating with other developers in the team to drive better results.
- Should be creative enough to design and develop improved applications.
- Daily monitoring of systems.
- Assessing minor and complex bugs and debugging them if there are any.
- Shaping the new tablets of the team to enhance overall performance.
- Deal with the rapidly changing environment in the workplace.
- Capable of overcoming chaos in the organization.
- Capacities to meet deadlines without any delay.
- Excellent communication skills for improved and transparent thought processes.
The salary of a Laravel 5 Developer is highly determined by the factors such as the industry, the job's title, and the skills they possess. According to the latest market research, a Laravel 5 developer can earn up to $70,000 to $75,000 per annum. A developer in the senior-most position with noticeable experience can earn up to $90,000 to $95,000 per year.
Laravel 5 Developer Certification
Acquiring certification as a Laravel 5 developer indicates a professional level of competence and develops you professionally.
As an advanced and complex role, the assurance developer is responsible for building and managing multiple things, including web applications that might result in many issues in the existing system. Therefore, companies are always looking to hire quality assurance developers who are certified and experienced in the same field to drive improved results.
A certification gives superior technical advantages over non-certified developers and allows to explore better employment opportunities in the IT sector. It is self-evident that companies give preference to Laravel 5 Developers with certification.
Skuad is a platform where we can help you hire certified professionals from all over the world under one roof based on your hiring requirements. No matter what you are looking for, either freelancers or full-time developers, our team of experts have got everything covered for you.
- Laravel is a free PHP web framework used to design web applications and websites.
- Laravel 5 was first released in 2015.
- Both small start-ups and large enterprises can use this.
- It comes with various tools like PHPStorm, Bitbucket, and much that ease out the development process.
- It is a comprehensive framework that requires to be operated by experts only.
- A Laravel 5 developer constructs multiple innovative websites and web applications.
- Builds and executes clean and clear codes.
- Collaborate with various developers to generate final results.
- Assess bugs and debug them instantly.
- The significant advantage of Laravel 5 is it speeds up the development process without compromising the final results.
- It is quick and flexible in nature.
Laravel 5 Developers are the pillars that decide the fate of emerging websites and web applications. Though this software eases out the working process, it comes with its own set of complexities. From selecting to onboarding, Skuad helps you hire Laravel 5 Developers from all around the world who will be proven to be an asset to your organization.
Talk to Skuad Experts!