Magento is an open-source platform written in PHP that helps programmers create robust e-commerce websites. It was originally developed on Zend Framework by Varien in 2008 and then subsequently acquired by Adobe in 2018. With the boom of the e-commerce stores growth, especially after the pandemic, people are looking to sell online more and more. And, to create a highly efficient and successful store, Magento is useful. Even giants like Lenovo, Samsung, Nike, Nestle use Magento in creating their platforms.
Basic Advantage of Magento
There are many advantages of using a Magento platform. Before we discuss in detail, find the top advantages, which provide an edge.
- Category Management: It is easy to find and choose the products category-wise
- Product Management: You can create a product with many images, a review place, etc.
- Customer Service: Improve by giving customer contact form, e-mail service, follow-up, etc.
- Account Management: Keep track of transaction history, account status, address, shopping cart, etc.
- Payment Management: Support multiple methods including Google Checkout, credit card, PayPal, etc. and also the option to provide an external payment module
- International Support: To keep your website globally accessible with language translation and currency convertor
- Inventory Management: What stock is left and other details of import and export
- Marketing Support: Provision to give coupons, promotions, and also able to sync with Google Analytics, etc.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
But What Makes Magento Really Unique?
Seeing the above advantages, one may argue that it is available even on hosting platforms, but how does it make it unique?
Customization: One of the advantages of selling online is the ability to scale up quickly with a higher reach. And, the technology you use for the e-commerce store should be as fast as your intentions. With Magento, you can not only scale fast but also option to customize. Nobody understands your business other than you, so this allows you to create a unique platform that is true to the brand. You can make changes at any time you want.
Choose Any Hosting Services: Most e-commerce shop owners are usually chained to one hosting service and not by choice. But, with the Magento technology, they are not chained to any particular hosting platform. They give the power to the business to have their own files and choose hosting companies suitable to their needs.
Mobile-Friendly: The shopping trends among people are constantly evolving. Now, people shop mostly with their smartphones and tablets. And with mobile commerce on the rise, a good web design must be responsive on the mobile as well. Both free and paid version of the Magento incorporates the HTML5 platform to provide an optimal mobile experience.
Lightning Fast: People do not spend more than 15 to 30 seconds per page and website loading time is crucial. And Magento is a clear winner when it comes to page loading time. It is their mission to create a fast and responsive e-commerce store. It can result in more sales and loyal customers.
Integrate Third-Party Apps: Everyone wants to do better in their business, and there are many tools to help with it. More often, you have to go to that website to get the analytics. But, with a Magento store, you can add cany third-party apps like Mail Chimp, E-bay, Google Analytics, etc.
SEO Friendly: A good Google ranking can drive organic traffic to your website. The Magento CMS is SEO-friendly and has features like search-friendly URLs, sitemaps, layered navigation, product title, keywords, meta tags, and meta descriptions. It also comes with analytics to track web visitors.
Things to Consider Before Hiring an Expert Magneto Developer
So, you have set your mind on hiring an expert developer. Here are the things you must prepare from your end to keep the process smooth.
Set a Goal: Have a clear goal on what you want to achieve with your business model. Discuss with your team members to see if there are any requirements you have missed. It will help you with the decision on what you are looking for in the person.
Budget: When you are hiring for your company, you must factor in that the business requirements of one project might be different from others. So does the budget. So, calculate how much you can afford the developer month on month or yearly. Discuss it with the developer beforehand or post it along with your job posting to avoid any confusion.
Timeline: When hiring a Magento developer, you must think about whether you are hiring for a one-time project or long-term work. If your project is short-term, you can hire a freelancer instead of a retainer. Also, consider how soon you want the developer to join your team.
Ask for References: Sometimes, a LinkedIn profile or a CV and recommendations alone are not enough. Don't hesitate to ask about the websites the developer has worked on previously. You can keenly observe internal links, user flows, ease of use, and accessibility information.
Look for Certification: The Magento Corporation has online training courses and certifies the developers. There are different types of certification, such as Magento Solution Specialist, Magento Front End Developer, Magento Developer Plus, and Magento developer. Choose according to your company or business needs.
Requirements - Hard Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field
- Professional experience in Magento 1.x and/or Magento 2.x development
- Professional experience in the end-to-end cycle of e-commerce website design and development
- Understanding the latest UI/UX trends
- Expert understanding of Magento's code structure, theming hierarchy, extension architecture, and fallback components
- Expertise in authoring and extending Magento extensions
- Experience integrating with Payment Gateways with PCI standards
- Experience in working with Content Management System, Automated Tested Tools
- Install Security Patches
- Migrate applications across multiple PHP based platforms
- Handle troubleshooting issues
- Should be serious about deadlines and complete the project on time
- Should be open to learning new dimensions of the software
- A Magento developer should be a team player and should have worked seamlessly with the client team and the in-house design team.
- He/She should have a track record in support the sales team to bring in new business, work on estimates for different tasks, and handle client calls.
- Should be a self-starter, take ownership of the projects and work with minimum supervision.
- Magento certification is a big plus.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Have the well-written skill and the ability to document processes and solutions
- Must have Magento migration experience, where the developer should transfer data seamlessly from Magento 1.x to 2.x.
- There will be a lot of coding and design problems that would arise during the project. The developer should have good problem-solving skills.
The Magento developer can work as a freelancer/consultant or a full-time employee.
As a consultant, you will be making $60 an hour, and with experience and as you grow in the ladder, it can change to $150-200 an hour. And a senior consultant and architect can charge as high as $300-500 an hour.
An average Mid-level Magento Developer can make $125,000 per year, and an experienced worker can get up to $150,000 a year.
The other common benefits for Magento developers are food, gym membership, work from home, and paid time off.
We cater to various sectors - Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.