Hire A Mongoose Developer
Mongoose is an object data modeling (ODM) library used for MongoDB and Node.js. It acts as a link between the database model and the actual database. It provides schema validation i.e., helps the data to figure its path from the code to its place in MongoDB.
NoSQL is usually used to refer to any non-relational database. NoSQL databases do store relational data but differently as compared to SQL databases. NoSQL databases are easier to manage and understand, and therefore increase the productivity of developers. The amount of data produced in every segment of every industry is increasing drastically by the second and it comes in all types- structured, unstructured, etc. NoSQL databases allow developers to store a large amount of data making it flexible and easier to manage. While SQL databases come in tabular format, NoSQL databases are available in columnar, graphical, and other formats making them more flexible and scalable when compared. NoSQL databases are usually used for big data applications like cloud storage.
MongoDB is an NoSQL database which in-turn portrays its advantages. NoSQL databases provide much more stability, flexibility, and scalability which lends itself to rapid development and iteration. Using NoSQL speeds up the development process and reduces complexity of the process to be followed.
Basic differences between SQL and NoSQL database:
- Collections: Collections in MongoDB are like tables in a relational database. Data is stored as documents which when gathered together are called collections.
- Documents: MongoDB documents are structured in a Field-Value pair. MongoDB stores data as BSON documents and BSON documents are a binary representation of JSON documents.
- Fields: Fields are equivalent to columns in an SQL table. Field names are strings while documents have a few restrictions on field names.
- Schema: A document schema is a JSON object that helps us to understand the requirement of a set of fields and manage the content of the respective fields.
For example, if we define a property called phone number with a schema type number, that will be checked when the model is saved to the database. However, if the data type of the entered value is not a number type, it will fail.
These are the following schema types that are permitted:
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
Languages compatible with Mongoose
Some of the languages that can be implemented with Mongoose are mentioned below:
- Java (*.jsp): Java is based on an object model and hence everything can be easily extended. Java is compiled into platform-independent bytecode, which is distributed over the Internet and interpreted by the Virtual Machine on the platform it is being run on. Java is one of the oldest programming languages and is usually learned by every newbie programmer, which makes it an upside as it can be used with MongoDB.
- PERL: PERL extracts some of the best features from languages like C. Its database integration interface DBI supports third-party databases like Oracle or MySQL.
- Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP): PHP is usually used for web development. It is an open source widely-used scripting language and can be embedded into HTML.
- Python: Python is one of the easiest modern day programming languages. It has a very simple but effective approach that makes it a suitable language for MongoDB.
- Ruby: Just like python, ruby is easy to use and understand. The level of complexity drops to such extents that it is the closest you can get to coding in English.
MongoDB in Industries
In the modern world where the gaming industry is bigger than the media and music industry combined, MongoDB plays a major role in the development and advancement of the same. There are thousands of areas where a perfect statistical record is required in a game. MongoDB is used by leading gaming companies like SEGA and FACEIT to improve their visual data and make the game more interesting. From leaderboards, ranks, tournament data, live streaming data, and to in-game data, which has to be constantly updated in real-time, MongoDB makes it easier for gaming companies to improve their attention to detail and make their games as interesting as ever before.
Nobody stays healthy forever and life insurance is a must in today’s world. With the world population being around 7.9 billion, the number of insurance copies that need to be fit in a database is enormous and it does not end there. Hospital records regarding patient information, recovery statistics, and various other types of data are to be maintained. Metlife is an insurance company that initiated the use of MongoDB to manage its customer record and has been successful with millions of customer entries.
With rapid advancements in the automotive industry and automobiles getting smarter by the day, the amount of data that has to be managed can be easily taken care of by MongoDB. Internet of things (IOT) and its applications are expanding and Bosch is using it just perfectly to implement it in their automobile technological developments with MongoDB. Bosch is forging ahead by collecting data from IOT like power steering, lane assist, or braking and working on constantly improving on their part as an automotive company.
MongoDB covers a vast area of applications and its scope in the industry is never-ending. There is data that has to be maintained everywhere we go and MongoDB helps us with it. When it comes to programming in a NoSQL background, MongoDB is the way to go.
Roles And Responsibilities of a Mongoose Developer
As a mongoose developer, the main responsibility is to be able to perform in the backend and write clean, easy-to-understand, and performant code. The candidate should be able to maintain and configure MongoDB instances. However, a particular skill set and understanding of topics can only be understood under work pressure and the ability of the candidate to respond intellectually in tricky situations.
Required Expertise: Hard Skills
- Thorough knowledge of Mongoose
- Should have a strong understanding of Mongoose ORMs
- Should have a basic understanding of various platforms like Linux, Mac OS, and Windows
- Good knowledge in Node.js Advanced Modules like Cluster and Multitasking
- Proficient in writing readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java, Python, and Ruby
- Proficient in frameworks like Redux, Express.js, and Flux
- Should have hands-on experience with React.js
- Thorough knowledge of Node.js standard libraries.
- Should have a strong understanding of MERN stack
- Should have good knowledge of using all the hooks
- Experience with modularization and writing reusable code
- Should be able to review codes and mentor others as well
- Should have good skills in writing REST API in Express.js
- Should have a thorough knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, JSON, and JQuery is desired
- Experience with AWS or Azure is an added advantag
- Experience with Docker is an added advantage
- Should be able to design and maintain large and complex databases
- Experience in data migration strategies
- Should be able to handle browser compatibility issues
- Knowledge of dbdocs and dbdiagram for database diagrams
Required Expertise: Soft Skills
- Ability to work on various backend stacks such as Express.js and Node.js
- Ability to work on various frontend stack such as Angular and HTML
- Ability to work with a dynamic team and act as a responsible individual
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and deliver quality work
- Ability to deliver high-quality, secure, tested, documented, and performant code
- Work closely with web designers and programmers to deliver results in their best form
- Should have experience with SCRUM and must be well-acquainted with agile development
- Must meet the current coding standards
- Should understand the requirements of a client
- Must be able to keep a light mood, enjoy, and accomplish work within respective deadlines
- Must possess impeccable communication skills and should be fluent in English
- Familiar with Data Visualization
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
Salaries for Mongoose developers or any other occupation, in general, vary according to their position, ongoing trends in the industry, required skill set, and various other factors. According to research, the average salary of a full-stack developer stands around USD 85,000 per year. There are various factors like job title, location, and experience that determine an individual’s salary.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & E-commerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad Experts Today!