Hire MySQL developers
MySQL is a relational database management system that is essentially an open-source system to arrange the data in tabular formats. The data may or may not be related to each other, but MySQL can tabulate it most efficiently. The data tables are structured with Structured Query Language (SQL). MySQL is one of the easiest data management systems to use; it is based on SQL, a simple programming language. It is straightforward to access and manage data through MySQL.
More about MySQL
The Oracle Corporation developed MySQL, and it was first released on 25th May 1995. The latest update of MySQL, i.e., version 8.0.25, was made available on 11th May 2021. MySQL is written in C and C++. The famous corporations that use the MySQL database management system are Drupal, Joomla, phpBB, WordPress, Facebook, Flickr, MediaWiki, Twitter, and YouTube.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
Important features of MySQL
- Secure - MySQL has an extraordinarily strong data security layer. This data security layer prevents hackers from logging into other's databases. The passwords of MySQL are also encrypted.
- Client/ Server Architecture - MySQL has a Client/ Server Architecture. This makes it easy for the clients to access their data from the main server. Querying the data, making changes to the data, etc., is extremely easy and simple due to this type of architecture.
- Free to use - MySQL is free to use for any developer. You can download it free of cost from the official website of MySQL. It is one of the few open-source tools available.
- Scalable - MySQL is very easily scalable since it supports multi-threading. It is equipped to handle large amounts of data without slowing down the response. Theoretically, MySQL has a limit of 8 TB of data.
- Speed - The speed of MySQL is excellent. Many benchmark tests have proved that MySQL is one of the fastest database languages.
- Flexible - MySQL is highly flexible. It supports a large variety of embedded applications. That is why most sectors use MySQL to manage their databases.
- Compatible - MySQL runs in almost all operating systems. Its compatibility with Novell NetWare, Windows, Linux, UNIX, Sun, Solaris, AIX, DEC, OS/2, and FreeBSD makes it one of the most compatible systems.
- Memory efficient - The memory leakage from MySQL is exceptionally low. That is why the memory efficiency of MySQL is extremely high.
Roles and responsibilities of a MySQL developer
- To do database administration
- To perform technical troubleshooting
- To have analytical problem-solving skills
- To manage business customer support
- To be passionate about technology
- To design, code, and test SQL programs using the Microsoft SQL Server
- To create business logic
- To create reports of exports and other outputs
- To improve performance in SQL operations
- To do the implementations
- To oversee the production
- To stage environments databases
- To design, implement and monitor disaster recovery plans
- To diagnose and isolate the database issues
- To give design recommendations for database functions
- To meet business operating standards
- To improve the efficiency of business processes
- To have hands-on experience with the installation and configuration of MySQL.
- To maintain planning on production systems.
- To ensure the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances.
- The ability to orchestrate upgrades and backups
- Database instances provision
- Ability to collaborate with other teams
- Documentation skills
- Knowledge of MySQL's underlying storage engines
- Ability to replicate configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards
- The ability to use best practices
- Writing and optimizing SQL statements proficiency.
- Resource requirements planning
- Proficiency in the understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial, SVN.
The Skuad unified employment platform enables a seamless hiring and onboarding process of certified and experienced MySQL Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure of a MySQL developer
The salary structure of a MySQL developer majorly depends on two contributing factors. These factors are the location of your work and your real-time experience in the market. Considering the location of your work, the salary varies since some countries offer less while others some. The economically leading countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom offer excellent salary packages, but that is not the case with countries such as Thailand and India. According to statistical analysis, in India, the average annual salary of a MySQL developer is US $3,031.17 (₹ 225,288). But in the United Kingdom, the average annual salary of a MySQL developer is US $67,338.56 (£ 48,602). Considering the second factor is experience, you will find that the least experienced MySQL developers are offered US $1,776.02 (₹ 132,000) in India.
In contrast, those having 4 to 5 years of experience are offered up to US $10,010.27 (₹ 744,000). But in the United Kingdom, the salary range varies between US $41,565.30 (£ 30,000) to US $109,455.29 (£ 79,000). As you can see, there is a huge difference between the offered salaries. So, it is up to you to decide wisely where you should be working.
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
In the past decade, several freelancing websites have come into force. These freelancing websites, such as toptal.com, upwork.com, freelancer.in, peopleperhour.com, etc., provide a platform for clients to post their requirements and hire freelance and contractual workers who are willing and qualified to handle the required task. Freelancing and contractual workers provide their services for attractive rates. Being a freelancer or contractual MySQL developer who can decide your rates. You get to decide how much time you want to spend on any project. Freelancing is an excellent opportunity to build your portfolio for a long-term job. The benefits of freelance vs. full-time work are debatable amongst all the workers and skilled individuals. The downside to freelancing is that there is no guarantee that you will always have a client or a project. You do not have a definite source of income. You need to have excellent salesmanship skills to sell your talents to clients. Individuals with poor people skills often find it challenging to land freelance work or a contract. But despite the pros and cons of freelancing and full-time jobs, a rise in the number of freelancers has been recorded in the last five years. Many individuals lost their jobs in the pandemic of COVID-19 and have turned their attention towards freelancing. It is a rat race to acquire great projects and equivalent payment in return.
Acquiring certification in any field makes you worth more in the market. Statistics show that companies and firms prefer to hire certified professionals for a full-time role over non-certified skilled individuals. Getting a MySQL Certification is quite simple. MySQL certification courses are available through the MySQL website. The website mysql.com offers two certification courses viz. Database Administration and Database Developer. These certification courses are available at incredibly low prices for skilled individuals in the programming and development sector as certified individuals have better opportunities and better remuneration. Choosing to take up a MySQL certification course can be a turning point in your career. There are opportunities available to work for the government if you have proper, valid certification. Government is looking for talented, skilled, and certified individuals to work in cybersecurity, cloud management, and IT modernization. The online certification programs of Oracle University are amongst the top certification courses available in the world. To enroll in a MySQL certification program, you need to have prior knowledge of coding and programming. You need to have a basic understanding of databases, and you should be able to code in the most used programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.
Skuad’s unified employment platform caters to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!