According to statista.com, the number of software developers in the world grew from 23 to 23.9 million between 2018 and 2019 and is predicted to reach 28.7 million by 2024. The growing number of software developers only indicates the expansion of digitization. A huge number of businesses investing in digitization at a large scale irrespective of the economic situation accounts for the rise in demand for software developers. The need to hire Pascal developers shoots for the same purpose.
What is Pascal?
Software or web developers use different programming languages to write high-level sophisticated codes. Pascal is an Algol-based language developed in the 1970s. Even though many languages have come up in the last 40 years, Pascal is still popular in the teaching and academics arena due to:
- Ease of learning
- Structured language
- Transparent, efficient, and reliable programs
- Ability to be compiled on different platforms
Many developers use Pascal as it allows them to define the myriad complex structured data types and help them build dynamic structures like graphs, trees, lines, arrays, records, etc. In addition to that, Pascal offers features like records, subranges, enumerations, extensive error checking, supports object-oriented programming, dynamically allocated variables, and many more.
Tools and development technologies for Pascal Developers
Even though Pascal is old, many platforms still use Pascal as its important development tool and technology, these are
- Total Commander
- Macromedia Captivate
- Apple Lisa
- Various PC Games
- Embedded Systems
- Banking Softwares
Pascal is used by various web developers due to its ease of writing the code and ease of error checking. These are desktop developers, frontend developers, backend developers, full-stack developers, etc.
With its limited but never-ending use, are you wondering where you can hire Pascal developers? Skuad can help you hire exceptional remote talent into your team. We can help you build a strong, smart, and dynamic team while employing the most talented remote Pascal developers.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Roles and Responsibilities of a Pascal Developer
The responsibilities of Pascal Developers are endless and so is your responsibility in hiring the best of them.
A Pascal Developer must understand the following roles and responsibilities.
- Designing, implementing, and/or maintaining product modules or sub-systems.
- Writing module-level implementation and test specifications and keeping a track of key activities.
- Participating in product deployments.
- Estimating development changes and ensuring all stakeholders are apprised of effort and duration for each development task.
- Being a critical part of the software team and engineering software per client and customer needs.
- Working alongside the Systems Architects to interpret designs for application production.
- Partaking in solution integration and acceptance testing where needed.
A Pascal developer must possess the required skill sets to perform well. It includes a combination of hard and soft skills. The former highlights the technical aspects while the latter tells about the nature of the individual.
Requirements- Hard skills
- Thorough understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- In-depth knowledge about Pascal, Delphi. Knowing C, C++ would be advantageous.
- Experience in creating web solutions.
- Experience with databases like DBase, SQL.
- Understanding large database systems.
- Experience in Quote to cash or supply chain management is preferred.
- Experience in developing client-server applications.
- Experience in designing, analyzing, developing, and working in a mid-sized development team.
- Experience in creating windows applications using legacy technologies including VB .NET, VC++, Delphi, Pascal.
- Proficient with version control concepts like Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc.
- Experience with Text Editing.
- Knowledge of using IDE’s to write, compile, run, and debug the code.
- Understanding and working with databases. Proficiency in using SQL.
- Understanding the fundamentals of networking.
- Should be able to perform thorough testing of the software and employ well-suited testing methods.
- Understanding SDLC (software development life cycle) and participating in every step of SDLC.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to quickly diagnose and triage problems.
- Experience with report production and documentation.
- Programming and development skills and knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts.
- Taking ownership and being responsible for the quality of the deliverables.
- Designing and implementing best agile practices, such as establishing standards and policies for managing source code and continuous integration/delivery.
Requirements- Soft skills
- Experience working with a multicultural team environment.
- Exhibit excellent team spirit and good communication.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders and teammates well.
- Willingness to take on and learn new technologies, languages, and frameworks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work with remote teams and mentor junior developers.
- Open-mindedness and adaptability.
- Critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving.
- Accountability, humility, and humbleness.
- Confidence in their talents and that of others.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Time management.
A Pascal developer needs to possess the skills mentioned above to ace in the working environment, but the list of their duties does not end here. Along with acquiring the best skills, they are expected to participate in more strenuous duties, including:
- Collaborating with teammates to deliver seamless results that meet the expectations.
- Developing a solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Developing strategies to attain the set goal.
- Daily monitoring and resolving technical challenges.
- Adapting to the rapidly changing technological environment.
- Developing sustainable solutions
- Amazing capacity to lead the team.
- Identifying opportunities and working towards achieving them.
- Make suggestions for enhancement.
- Excellent communication skills to ease the working process.
- Capable of overcoming obstacles in the working environment.
According to businessinsider.in, the global average salary for a Pascal Developer is USD 62,773.90 per annum. The salary for this language is 15.2% higher than the global average salary. This salary depends on several factors like years of experience, certifications, courses, qualifications, additional skills, achievements, and so on.
Pascal developers Certification
There may be many candidates possessing the above hard skills and soft skills. How do you distinguish the best from the better? Skuad can help you do that. We help you in hiring certified candidates from over 150 countries. Along with the certification, you should check out the following skills too.
- Exceptional knowledge of coding in Pascal, Delphi, and C#.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and eye for detail.
- Understanding client needs and the needs of all their peers.
- Outstanding communication skills to communicate with various stakeholders and the ability to understand their teammates and juniors.
- Well-versed with SDLC and ensures the right implementation at every step.
- They should be willing to learn new technologies and use their creativity for problem-solving.
- Good experience in creating web solutions.
With the growing need for rapid digitization, web developers are always in demand. Many languages have evolved in the past and are continuing to get better. Nevertheless, some languages like Pascal find their dominant presence to this date.
Irrespective of the language, the one thing that stands out is having a great, reliable team to work with. With work from home rising in demand, organizations have also deployed remote working personnel to add diversity and cross-culture in their teams.
- Pascal is a popular Algol-based language developed in the 1970s.
- A Pascal developer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining product modules or sub-systems.
- Pascal developer provides enhancement solutions wherever necessary.
- Anyone into Pascal development, a solid understanding of data structure and algorithms is a must and he should be well-versed with C, C++.
- Not only Pascal developers, but every software developer should possess certain soft skills like adaptability, communication skills, empathy, and problem-solving attitude to survive in the IT world.
- A Pascal developer needs to be creative to throw out of the box solutions.
- The major advantage of Pascal language is that it is well-designed and can be easily read and understood.
- Certification as a Pascal developer may help to develop professionally that opens doors for better and attractive opportunities.
- With digitalization, the demand for Pascal developers has boomed in the IT market leading to better working opportunities for them.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing,
compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
To know more, Talk to Skuad experts today!