If you are in the business of software development, you would be aware of how important it is to have an exceptionally good testing team to determine the reliability and efficiency of a digital product. The agile process of finding significant errors and resolving them is the most crucial method, which might represent a company's overall performance and capacity. With advanced outsourcing systems, companies are now looking for the most experienced performance testing developers to hire from all over the world.
While performance testing is a crucial step to making a project successful, it is considered advantageous for the clients and the users who are expecting useful digital products. In other words, performance monitoring determines the future of your company.
Having an efficient performance testing team not only helps find errors and troubleshoot them by eliminating bottlenecks but also maintains continuous performance without having to increase costs. Recently, Google encountered a massive traffic drop of around 20% with a few seconds delay in the search page generation. So, if you are planning to hire performance testing developers for your project, Skuad is the right platform to help you find the best talents across the world.
Performance Testing Tools and Development Technologies
The following are the tools that performance testing developers use to test the reliability and efficiency of each project:
- ReadyAPI Performance
- Apache JMeter
- Rational Performance Tester
- Testing Anywhere
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Role and Responsibilities of Performance Testing Developers
The major responsibility of a performance testing developer is to analyze a significant digital product, identify errors, and troubleshoot them in the most efficient way possible. Along with this, the performance testing developer is bound to fulfil the following responsibilities on a day-to-day basis in the workplace:
- Analyzing business scenarios and transforming themselves accordingly.
- Analyzing the non-functional requirements of the business.
- Evaluating the main objectives of the services.
- Identifying and designing parameters for testing.
- Building test scripts.
- Establishing checkpoints.
- Designing workload models.
- Executing performance tests.
- Daily monitoring using consistent metrics.
- Identifying bottlenecks and suggesting ways to debug them.
- Finding solutions for performance enhancement.
- Interpret graphs and results.
- Preparing and finalizing the test results.
Requirements - Hard Skills
- Understanding of basic development technologies and latest platforms.
- Previous development experience (JAVA would be a plus).
- Knowledge of the latest performance testing tools and trends like LoadRunner, Apache JMeter, Neotys Neoload, Microsoft VSTS, IBM RPT, etc.
- The understanding of system architecture for outlining and equipping the performance test.
- Intelligence for customer behaviour analysis.
- Keen understanding of Manual Testing concepts, manual and automation testing.
- Expert in documenting test deliverables like Test Plan, Cases, RTM, and Spot Errors.
- Finding the right testing conditions such as hardware, software, and network configuration.
- Knowledge of web, mobile, and API.
- Background of operating within a regulatory-driven environment.
- Good knowledge of Database inquiries and professional testing methodologies.
- Must have accomplished testing utilizing Agile Scrum methodology.
- Experienced in performance analysis, summary, and optimization of business applications.
- Experience in the performance tests several times with the same and different parameters to ensure the removal of any existing bugs.
- Experience in handling any APM tool, Perfmon, and NMon or basic understanding.
- Thorough understanding of the System Development Life cycle (SDLC) of a project
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Apps.
- Efficiently read test results and interpret graphs.
- Distinguish actions and workflow to calculate workload testing goals and rates.
- Well-versed in server monitoring and performance test review.
- Worked on new tools and systems to increase testing efficiency.
- Familiarity with working with SAAS products.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Able to separate concerns through group consultations, testing support, or previous background in bug removal.
- Continuous Integration testing background.
- Experienced in using merchant and open source tools.
- Skilled in the development of the automation strategy and produce documents to perform programmed testing cycles.
- Experienced in creating the test summary reports by comparing results and present recommendations for making the product useful.
- Suggest new tools and techniques for improving testing efficiency.
- Ability to evaluate test results and make logical resolutions.
Requirements - Soft Skills
Soft skills are the personal attributes that enable developers to have an effective conversation with clients and colleagues and maintain a peaceful atmosphere in the workplace. A performance testing developer must also exhibit the following soft skills:
- Analyze testing reports and uncover areas of development.
- Should be patient and composed to handle long hours of testing.
- Effectively manage the work schedule and ensure to be a valuable part of the testing cycle.
- Should be able to effectively communicate with developers, management, and business teams.
- Ability to accurately examine, debug, record, and communicate doubtful spots and errors.
- Skilled in completing a task and work with limited supervision/oversight
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Understand the roles of scalability and dependability as essential attributes and qualifications
- Secure active participation in daily scrum calls, updates, and raise impediments to help the team members eliminate the error as quickly as possible.
- Well equipped to work as an Individual contributor or in a cross-functional team.
Performance testers are an asset for any software testing team as they perform various roles that are not limited to only one category. Other than the above-listed responsibilities, developers must also have experience in the following areas:
- Collaborate with other developers and the team of testers.
Analyze the changing working scenarios and functions accordingly.
- Identify bugs and suggest ways to resolve them before it hampers overall performance.
- Participate in team projects and understand varying perspectives.
- Regularly monitor the overall working.
- Collaborate with project leaders to ensure improvement.
- Resolve challenges in the working environment.
- Mentor the new minds in the business.
- Communicate for better and improved results.
- Capacity to lead the team.
- Attends regular meetings to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Excellent communication skills to deliver ideas and suggest ways for improvement.
Being a performance tester is a position that comes with great knowledge and experience. According to the latest market research, an annual average salary of a performance testing developer runs around $105,798. However, it may vary according to their position in the organization and years of experience. As a top earner, one can expect $130,500 per annum.
Performance testing developer certification
As a sophisticated domain, even the slightest skate can lead to a plethora of issues that may hamper the final report; therefore, it's better to choose the best developer. A certification course may help to have the upper hand professionally in the organization. It is evident that a certification course lends technical superiority and improves employment opportunities as companies prefer certified developers over non-certified ones.
At Skuad, our experts can help you hire certified and experienced performance testing developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements. Be it freelancers, full-time developers, or contract-based workers, we have got you covered.
- The performance testing team helps to determine the reliability and efficiency of a digital product.
- Performance testing developers analyze the business scenarios, identify bugs and suggest efficient ways to resolve them.
- There are various performance testing tools that developers take into consideration while measuring web applications.
- Performance testing developers evaluate the objective, design the test scripts, and establish checkpoints.
- A basic understanding of technologies and the latest updates is a necessary skill in developers.
- Proficient knowledge of performance testing tools eases out the testing process.
- A solid understanding of Cloud apps is an important technical skill to possess.
- Along with hard skills, a developer should attain certain soft skills to stand out in the crowd.
- The major advantages of performance testing are that it checks the accuracy, reliability, and efficiency of the web application or digital product.
- It also improves the final result.
Software developers and testers are the two main pillars that decide the fate of a development project, yet the roles are distinct and need a lot of patience and knowledge. A good tester will not only uncover issues that are rarely noticeable for developers but also bring necessary solutions to the table for quality and functionality. However, the process of hiring the right performance tester developer is daunting if you don't have the right resources.
Skuad will handle all your hiring requirements. We cater to different sectors such as healthcare, finance, logistics and transport, retail and e-commerce, travel, banking, media, fintech, edutech, and much more. Our staff consists of trained professionals who can help you find exceptional talented resources. If you are planning to hire performance testing developers, then our experts will make sure that your hiring needs are met on time. So wait no more and get in touch with us today.
Talk to Skuad experts today!