Hire Photoshop developers
Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing software that empowers you to follow your creative imagination. It is premium software that enables its users to turn their photos into amazing art. The users can draw and paint with tools such as pens, pencils, markers, and brushes. The software also facilitates the creation of custom brushes; users are allowed to combine, repair, restore, crop, and retouch their projects. With Adobe Photoshop, the users can draw symmetrical patterns perfectly as this software enables the user to erase unwanted elements from their projects.
Adobe Photoshop is a very flexible software; it allows the usage of photos, artwork, elements, and texts to create authentic pieces of art. Adobe Photoshop can be used on a desktop, laptop, iPad, mobile and tablet to create sophisticated composites. The most amazing thing about Adobe Photoshop is that it allows creations not only in 2D but also in 3D. Adobe Photoshop only supports these file formats viz. PSD and PSB. Adobe Photoshop has several prepaid plans starting with US $9.99 per month. The most used and standard Adobe Photoshop plan is US $20.99 per month.
Learn more about Adobe Photoshop
Photoshop was originally created by Thomas Knoll and John Knoll. It is developed by Adobe. The first version of Photoshop was released on 19th February 1990. It has been 31 years since the first release. The latest version of Photoshop came out on 19th May, 2021. Photoshop is compatible with Mac OS, iPad OS, and Windows. It is a type of raster graphics editor. Photoshop is available all over the world in 26 different languages.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Important features of Adobe Photoshop
- Layers - Adobe Photoshop has a layer’s palette. This feature allows the user to have complete control over their project. Layer’s palette enables the users to design every element individually and stack them one upon another in the desired sequence. Unlike the traditional methods where a single mistake led to discarding the whole project, the layers feature of Adobe Photoshop prevents that from happening.
- Selection Tools - Adobe Photoshop offers a range of selection tools. There are many competitors in the market, giving this feature tough competition. The Marquee selection tools, Magic Wand and Lasso tools are some of the most used selection tools of Adobe Photoshop.
- Pen Tool - The pen tool of Adobe Photoshop allows users to insert text and shapes into their projects. Without the facility to insert text and custom shapes, the creativity of the user gets hindered. This feature is very flexible in nature. It also allows the user to edit existing shapes. The pen tool has three types of Anchor points to edit shapes.
- Shapes - Shapes or shape layer is an excellent feature offered by Adobe Photoshop. This feature overcomes the problem of pixelated edges by giving definite edged shapes to the user. These shapes can be customized with the help of the Pen tool. The colors of the shape layers can be easily changed from the color palette and gradient palette.
- Vector Mask - The vector mask is an especially important feature offered by Adobe Photoshop. This feature is also called a layer mask. The layer mask masks an object on the canvas by using the grayscale color combination. The object is partially, opaquely visible during the application of the feature but disappears completely on completion of application of the feature.
- Slice Tool - The slice tool of Adobe Photoshop is used to slice a projected image into small slices. This is done to enable quick loading of the picture on websites. This tool turned out to be a milestone in the designing industry.
Roles and responsibilities a Photoshop developer
- To do graphic design
- To do photo editing
- To do vector tracing
- To understand typography
- To be able to do a free hand drawing
- To have knowledge of the color theory
- To prepare print designs for flyers, posters, brochures, magazines, business cards, etc
- To do sketching
- To have a complete understanding of layout
- To do branding
- To use photoshop to design social media images and infographics
- To design visually appealing graphs and charts
- To have extremely strong computer skills
- To understand competing illustrator programs
- To have a thorough knowledge of design and aesthetic principles
- To be able to work well in a team
- To have marketing skills
- To conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- To create images and layouts
- To test graphics across various media
- To create engaging and on-brand graphics
- To shape the visual aspects of websites, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more
- To have a creative flair
- To study design briefs and determine requirements
- To schedule projects and define budget constraints
- To prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- To make use of appropriate colors and layouts
- To work with copywriters and creative directors
- To amend designs after feedback
- To ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Adobe Photoshop Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure of a Photoshop developer
The salary of a Photoshop developer is dependent on your experience and your location. Photoshop developers from various regions of the world get paid depending on the demand and economy of their region. In India, the annual salary of a Photoshop developer ranges between US $268.39 (₹ 20,000) to US $4,965.21 (₹ 370,000). The average annual salary is around US $2,415.51 (₹ 180,000). But in the United Kingdom, the average annual salary of a Photoshop developer is US $37,143.82 (£ 26,872). Photoshop developers that are just starting out get paid around US $23,498.25 (£ 17,000). Those who have experience in the field get up to US $62,201.25 (£ 45,000) annually. In addition to that, Photoshop developers in the United Kingdom get an annual bonus of US $1,382.25 (£ 1,000) to US $6,911.25 (£ 5,000). The demand for Photoshop developers is much more in the United States than in the United Kingdom. That is why Photoshop developers working in the United States have an average annual salary of US $61,636.
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
Skilled and talented individuals who do not want to work as an employee most commonly turn towards freelancing and contractual work. There are more freelancing opportunities available all over the world than full-time job opportunities. It is smart to grab a freelance opportunity if it presents itself to you. This case is exceedingly rare, and mostly you must approach potential clients and pitch yourself. This pitch is like sales; you must make yourself (your work) desirable to the client. Most Photoshop developers are artists of some kind. To find an opportunity that will fit your profile best, you need to do some market research. Find out which niche you can work best in and create a portfolio. A portfolio is essential when applying for contractual work or freelance opportunities. This portfolio should have real-time examples of your skills, such as your past projects, etc. Clients decide whether to give you the project or not based on your demonstrated skills
Adobe Photoshop Certification
Getting certified is essential in any field of work. Without certification, you will notice that you are missing out on a lot. By getting certified in Photoshop, you can advance your already existing skills to the next level. A certified Photoshop developer demonstrates a clear business impact. The chances of getting hired for any role increase if you are a certified professional. Adobe offers a Photoshop certification course that will help you to take your career to the next stage. To get an Adobe Photoshop certification, you need to clear the Adobe exam for certification. After successfully completing the course, you become an Adobe certified professional.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!