Hire PHP5 Developers
PHP is a popular open-source scripting language that is widely used for creating websites. It is an amazing and popular scripting tool used by many developers and comes with multiple advantages over normal programming languages. PHP is at the core of the biggest blogging platform in the world, WordPress. Many projects thus look to hire PHP5 developers to deliver high-end assignments.
PHP has launched multiple versions since its inception. PHP5 is one of the improved versions of PHP4 and was launched with a new object model. PHP5.1 came with performance improvements by the inclusion of compiler variables in re-engineered PHP engines. It further added PHP data objects. PHP5.2 enabled native JSON support and filter extension by default.
The PHP5.3 came with a long list of improvements including Namespace support, jump label, improved Windows support, and many more. PHP5.4 allowed short array syntax support, trait support, reduced memory requirements, and built-in web servers. PHP5.5 has support for generators. PHP5.6 introduced constant scalar expressions, argument unpacking, new exponentiation operators, and many more features.
Tools and Developing Technology of PHP5 Developers
The new Zend Engine 2 powers the PHP5 that was launched on 1st July 2004. It comes with a bundle of features like late static binding in PHP 5.3, increased support for object-oriented programming (OOP), the inclusion of the PHP Data Objects (PDO) extensions, etc. The PDO extension defines a lightweight and consistent interface for quickly accessing databases. The other features include other performance enhancements. It was in 2008 that PHP5 gained the status of the only stable version under development.
The transition from PHP4 to PHP5 was best realized by the GoPHP5 initiative, and many high-profile open-source projects stopped the support to PHP4 in the new code from February month of 2008.
With the passage of time, the PHP interpreters were made available on the universal 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. These interpreters were created from the PHP source code or the pre-built binaries. PHP5.3 and PHP5.4 required Windows 32-bit compatibility mode as the only available Microsoft Windows binary distributors were 32-bit. It can use Internet Information Services on a 64-bit Windows platform.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
Roles and Responsibility of PHP5 Developer
The roles and responsibilities of a PHP5 developer are not limited to the development and writing of effective and clean codes. A PHP5 developer should be a great combination of technical and analytical skills with much stress on effective communication skills. Like any other software development or website development engineer, a PHP5 developer can use any of the available tools and integrations to optimize project codes. Thus, to hire a PHP5 developer for your requirements you must have one that satisfies the hard skills and soft skills required to complete the job.
Requirements - Hard skills
The mandatory skills to become a PHP5 developer include:
- Integrate user-facing elements created by front-end developers.
- Create efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Integrate data storage solutions.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Understand the fully synchronous behavior of PHP.
- Understand MVC design patterns and knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming.
- Understand accessibility and security compliances of different projects.
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understand user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integrate various data sources and databases into one system.
- Familiar with the limitations of PHP as a platform and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Create database schemas representing and supporting business processes.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks, such as Laravel, Yii, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- To understand code versioning tools, including Git.
A PHP5 developer interfaces with the clients for understanding the requirements, proposing the best solutions, and leading the team to complete the development work. They must ensure quality coding, clear, simple, and effective coding in PHP5.
The key responsibilities of a PHP5 developer are not limited to the good understanding of the technology and domain but to the following:
- Interaction with the IT team.
- Assessment of existing problems and finding possible solutions.
- Learning and gaining project understanding.
- Completing the tasks and meeting deadlines on time with the team.
- Assisting the team in testing, fixing bugs, and examining the existing code.
Salary Structure of PHP5 Developers
The salary structure for PHP5 developers depends on the type or nature of the PHP project. It is also dependent on the type of association of the developer with the organization. Most companies hire PHP developers full-time due to the vast range of projects. There are some specific businesses that may look for part-time or contractual PHP5 developers only.
The key factors that affect the salary structure of a PHP5 developer include the experience of the developer, certification in PHP5, previously delivered projects, qualification, and location, etc. The average annual salary of the PHP5 developer is around USD 78,299. The lowest range for the average annual salary is USD 51,000, and the highest amount goes up to USD 100,000.
PHP5 Developer Certification
The finest option in selecting the right PHP5 developer for your project is to go with one that is certified in PHP5 development. This certification doesn’t only guarantee the technical expertise of the developer but ensures that the person has a deep understanding of PHP concepts. The high demand for PHP at the international level further stresses the high-quality certification courses in PHP5. The increasing market share of PHP in total modern-day and dynamic websites is more than 80%. Thus, many developers try their luck in PHP but seldom succeed due to a lack of skills. Henceforth, if you’re looking for a highly skilled and mature PHP5 developer for your project, it is safe to go with a certified PHP5 developer.
How can Certification in PHP5 help you?
PHP5 certificate helps developers to establish this cutting-edge scripting language to create open-source resources. It becomes easy for the certified developers to use PHP5, and they can take the help of the large PHP community. Learning how to develop a website at a minimal cost is best realized by certification in PHP5. The several options in open-source integrated development tools can be best optimized with the help of PHP5 certification.
Many PHP developers face the issues of scalability with an increase in website traffic. Thus, the best PHP5 certification helps developers manage the cluster size simultaneous to the website traffic. The certification further allows the best use of the fast-processing scripting language as PHP5 uses its own memory to reduce the workload and loading time. Thus, many web development companies hire certified PHP5 developers only.
- PHP is a web development programming language and is a general-purpose language. It was created in 1994 by Danish-Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdorf.
- PHP represents Personal Home Page, but it also stands for recursive backronym called Hypertext Preprocessor.
- It is a programming language that can be easily embedded into HTML.
- The code in PHP is executed on the server and generates HTML that is then sent to the client.
- PHP has all mandatory features for a newcomer programmer to make coding easy and has advanced features for professional coders to write sophisticated codes.
- PHP has a large community document.
- PHP is a cross-platform language, and hence different operating systems like Linux, Mac OS, and Windows can be used to deploy PHP applications.
- PHP development code is enclosed in tags and the PHP files are saved with “.php” file extension. The other extensions include .phtml, .php3, .php4, .php5, .phps, etc.
- PHP5 was launched in July 2004 with improved features and support.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!