Hire Polymer Developers
Introduction: About Polymer Development
Promise Polyfill, launched in November 2013, was the reason behind the creation of Polymer development. The initial development expanded the existing web design library, including data binding, visual styling guidelines, “Core” web components, and “Paper” web components.
The “Core” web components include generic functionality that is mandated for most web applications. The “Paper” web components incorporate material design to provide more specialized components. Thus, many organizations look for this modern technology and hire Polymer developers for their projects.
A Polymer developer uses any of the available versions of Polymer that date back to the first release of version 0.5, which was the first version of Polymer ready for use. This followed several updates to version 0.5, which is based on performance analytics by early Polymer developers.
Version 1.0 is termed the “production-ready” version of Polymer and was launched in 2015. This version reduced the load times of Polymer by sevenfold, and hence, improved its performance. This version further saw demarcation between the Polymer elements catalog from the web components-sugaring library and Polymer polyfill.
The interoperable “lego block” structure is the key to the success of Polymer development. Many leading names such as YouTube Gaming, YouTube, Google I/O 2015, and 2016 websites such as Allo for web, redesigned Google sites, and Google Play Music currently use Polymer development. The other top-notch Polymer users include General Electric, BBVA, Netflix, Comcast, Electronic Arts, ING, McDonald’s, Nuxeo, Coca-Cola, and IBM.
Talk to Skuad experts to know more about how to hire Polymer developers for your company.
Tools and Polymer Development Technologies
The Polymer library offers a kit of features for creating custom elements in coding. These custom elements work like standard DOM elements and are designed to make it simpler and faster. The different types of Polymer elements are,
- Elements configured using attributes or properties
- Elements instantiated using a constructor
- Elements that are highly receptive to property and attribute changes
- Elements that are highly receptive to methods that manipulate their internal state
- Elements populated with internal DOM inside each instance
- Elements styled with internal defaults or externally
Skuad can guide your hiring process to find the best Polymer developers for your company according to the software development industry needs.
Key Features of Polymer Development
The key features of Polymer development are as follows.
1. Data System
The Polymer data system provides data binding to properties and attributes. The data system also binds data to property observers and computed properties.
2. Custom Elements
This feature starts by registering an element that associates a class with a custom element name. The element has the power to provide callbacks necessary to manage its lifecycle. Polymer integrates your element’s property API with the Polymer data system and also lets you declare properties.
Polymer provides an optional library for handling gesture events. It also affords a declarative syntax necessary for attaching event listeners.
4. Shadow DOM
Polymer can create and populate a shadow tree for any element from a DOM template automatically. Shadow DOM further provides a local, encapsulated DOM tree for any element.
5. Other Features of Polymer
- Provides the polyfills for creating customized and reusable elements
- Google material design for hybrid mobile application development
- Custom elements distributed across the network that can be used by the developers with HTML Imports
- Web component standards that are used for creating reusable widgets in web documents and web applications
If you are looking for a Polymer developer, you can contact Skuad. We can help you to find the right candidate for your organization. To know more, get in touch with Skuad experts.
Advantages of Polymer Development
- Created by Google, it is well-known for its cross-browser-compatible applications along with the web components.
- It provides a Polymer command-line interface for managing projects, from simple to complicated web applications.
- It provides one-way and two-way data binding.
Book a demo with Skuad experts to hire the best Polymer developers in the country of your choice.
Roles and Responsibilities of Polymer Developers
The roles and responsibilities of a Polymer developer include managing the end-to-end Polymer.js project. Developers must have a comprehensive skill set in IT along with great communication and leadership skills. The candidate should be a go-getter with a willingness to learn. Some of the major roles and responsibilities of a Polymer developer are given below.
- Knowledge of basic HTML5/CSS3 and JS skills for the project
- Familiarity with libraries such as jQuery and Underscore, and a strong knowledge of tools such as Grunt, NPM
- Ability to implement unit testing frameworks, including Jasmine and Mocha
- Deep knowledge of cross-browser compatibility of Google services
- Ability to test apps on different browsers
- Ability to carry out performance optimizations task for the Polymer.js project
- Ability to manage debates in the company with multiple architectural and design concept ideas
To hire the best Polymer developers for your firm, get the assistance of Skuad’s extensive network across over 150 countries. Book a demo with us to learn more.
Expertise Required for Polymer Development Industries
- Familiarity with Google’s Material Design
- Expertise in different application building and dependency management systems
- Expertise in web components and relevant design patterns
- Expertise in using versioning software/repositories, preferably GIT
- Familiarity with unit tests, functional tests, automated browser testing, and regression testing
- Problem-solving skills in managing large teams of Polymer development, including different technical experts
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas clearly and simply
- Ability to discuss the design decisions with the stakeholders
- Multitasking skills to work on different areas simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- A positive attitude to complete tasks on time with utmost confidence
Skuad can find, vet, and hire the best Polymer developers for your company. Book a demo with Skuad experts to learn more.
Experience Required for Polymer Development Industries
A Polymer developer should be able to deliver the results within the stipulated periods. The following experience is preferred.
- Passion for Polymer coding and experience to create a leveled ground for working on different Polymer-based projects
- Experience with modular CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Experience with JEE Architecture and Restful Web services
- Experience in designing and building large-scale web applications
- Training in computer science or computer programming or any other qualifications in the computer science background
Skuad can take care of your recruitment process for hiring Polymer developers! Talk to our experts to learn more.
Salary Structure of Polymer Developers
The salary structure for Polymer developers depends on the type of project and the location. The certification in Polymer development can impact the hourly earnings of any developer and their chances of getting big projects. The salary may also depend on the nature of the company, the developer’s qualification, skillset, experience, and location.
The average salary of the Polymer developer can be around USD 70,000 to USD 80,000 annually.
To learn about managing Polymer developers’ payroll and salaries, partner with Skuad experts.
Polymer Development Certification
The best option in selecting the right Polymer developer for your business is to hire candidates with certifications. While many may argue about the requirement of certification in Polymer development, all its advantages are hard to ignore.
The availability of different learning sources throughout the certification process makes Polymer development quick, precise, and easy for busy developers. Thus, while looking for a long-term or short-term partnership with any Polymer developer, it is great to hire Polymer developers with the requisite certification in Polymer development.
How Does Certification in Polymer Programming Help You?
Polymer developers can go for the certification as they must understand the web components and also the root cause of Polymer development. These basics are hard to comprehend in regular work, as the developers can seek the guidance of different IT experts.
Thus, certification in Polymer development eliminates confusion in the complex codes. Developers can start by overseeing a problem using Polymer-CLI to design an element shell, and then add features. These can be verified using local demo pages. Further, the certification courses encourage the Polymer developers to read source codes, which is one of the best ways to continuously improve your coding skills.
Skuad can help you in your next Polymer development project. We have a strong database of full-time, part-time, freelancers, or contract Polymer developers from different corners of the world. Talk to Skuad experts to learn more.
- A Polymer developer works on Polymer.js that Google launched in May 2013. Polymer puts elements back to the center of web development and observes a back-to-nature approach.
- A Polymer developer can design personalized HTML elements and compose complex web applications to ensure easy maintenance and high scalability.
- A Polymer developer can create reusable custom elements that can be used in HTML pages without knowing their internals.
- A Polymer developer works on extending the existing element paradigm to create effective web components.
- A Polymer developer can use any four architecture layers: native, foundation, core, and elements.
Skuad’s bespoke solutions can take over the selection process in hiring Polymer developers for you. To learn more, book a demo with us.