Hire Power BI Developers
It is 2021, and data is the backbone of any business. And, with everyone generating mountains of digital information, the organizations find it challenging to take the relevant ones and convert them for their business needs. It is where business intelligence software plays a huge role. Power BI is a product of Microsoft and is a business intelligence and analytics service. It provides insightful analytics combined with interactive visualization to empower anyone to make a quick and smart move.
Power BI has been gaining popularity over the years and comes under top BI tools. It is super easy to use and has interactive visualization. There's no limit to who can use this product, and from students, small business owners to large-scale enterprises, anyone can use it. Thanks to the backing up by Microsoft, more people are receptive to using this. The self-service analytics capability lets users create their dashboards and reports.
People, in general, are more curious about learning about the business intelligence tool. And more so about this Power BI, because of the career opportunities it provides. These opportunities are not short-term and have a scope of growth, as data studies are here to stay. Some of the popular roles include Power BI developer, Power BI analysts, and Power by consultants.
Who is a Power BI Developer?
He/She is a person who knows everything about the Power BI tool. The developer should not only know about to use the software but also should be responsible for developing and managing the BI tools. The developer should take the raw data from the businesses and create meaningful insights with easy-to-understand and interactive dashboards and reports. The Power BI developers are a great asset to any company as they are the game-changers. They know what works and what doesn't and can swiftly make business decisions to improve the revenue.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
Why is Power BI the Most Preferred?
When there are other ways to help with data analytic and the good old Excel sheet, why would companies want a different set-up? Here are a few reasons:
1. It is super easy to set up, doesn't have any uncomplicated procedures, or requires training
2. The system is robust and can withstand a large amount of data
3. Comprises of machine learning features that can analyze data and help users spot trends
3. Easy to visualize with powerful templates
4. It is cloud-based software, so have cutting-edge intelligence capabilities and strong algorithms
5. It is updated automatically
5. Can be easily personalized according to the client's requirements and create a dashboard that fits all requirements
6. Ability to set alerts on KPI
7. Easier to navigate than complex spreadsheets
8. Can be integrated with other business management tools like Office 365, Dynamics 365, SharePoint, Spark, Google Analytics, SAP, MailChimp, and Hadoop.
9. Good security ensuring the data is safe
10. Get real-time information as and when it is streamed, based on factory sensors, social media sources, etc.
11. Ability to integrate with Microsoft's digital assistant Cortana to ask verbal questions that come in handy while using mobile devices
Components of Power BI
Power BI is made of several applications. And each app comes with a lot of benefits for the end-user. They are:
- Power Query: A data connection tool that lets you combine, transform, and enhance data from different resources
- Power Pivot: A tool that helps you create data models
- Power View: A visualization tool that aids you to create interactive maps, graphs, charts, and other visuals
- Power Map: Another visualization tool for making deep 3D visuals
Power Q&A: A Q&A engine where you can ask questions about your data in plain language
Different Versions of Power BI available
1. Power BI Desktop: It is a free app that comes with all Office 365 plans. You can install this report authoring tool on any Windows computer. You can connect this tool to more than 70 on-premises and cloud data sources to convert information to interactive visuals without restrictions. It will then clean and organize data, let you create a visualization, and export those reports to excel. But the only drawback is that you cannot share the details with peers unless you get the premium service. It is meant for small to mid-sized businesses and like paid version.
2. Power BI Service
a. Power BI Pro: It is a paid per-user license with $10 per user fee every month. And although it is very similar to the Power BI desktop, it lets you share the data, reports, and dashboard with your peers. It allows you to embed Power BI visuals into Power BI apps. It also lets you create workspaces to collaborate with colleagues to make dashboards and reports.
b. Power BI Premium: Instead of paying per user, the organizations can pay for the amount of space and processing capacity required. And then, the organization can choose to allocate to the team based on user, workload, etc. It is perfect for enterprise-level businesses that allow you to create large amounts of data and gives extensive access to the app. And the major advantage is the flexibility to publish the report without worrying if the recipients have a licensed account.
3. Power BI Mobile: It is an app for tablets and phones. And, it is available for iOS, Android, and Windows. Instantly connect and interact with data any time you want.
4. Power BI Embedded: This product allows the developers to embed the Power BI into their existing products to take care of reporting and data analysis.
5. Power BI Report Server: It is a report server that comes with Power BI Premium. It is helpful for businesses where they cannot upload their data on the cloud. You can create reports in Power BI Pro or Desktop and use this Report Server to share them with your peers. They can view those on the web browser, mobile or even receive them as an email.
What Does a Power BI Developer Do?
The roles and responsibilities of a Power BI developer can differ with organizations. Some hire the developer to design and develop BI reports, while other companies hire people to improve their decision making.
Requirements - Hard Skills
- Ability to understand the business requirements in BI context and design data models to transform raw data into insights
- Create interactive visual reports and dashboards with Power BO
- Data warehouse development and work with SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI
- Ability to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) with clear objectives and closely monitor them
- Comb through the reports to take quick business decisions
- Convert business requirements into technical specifications and come up with a timeline to finish the project
- Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
- Create customized charts and custom calculations
- Ensure user security via proper authentication and authorization for the BI environment
- Develop and execute database queries for analysis and ad hoc reports as requested
- Optimize queries and capacity for performance and cost
- Monitor and address data quality issue and resolve them on time
- Work with data sources like API, OData, SQL server, SFTP, Amazon S3, SharePoint Files, etc.
- Analyze current ETL process, define and design new systems
- Make technical and strategic changes to enhance existing business intelligence systems.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer or Data Science (MBA or MS preferred)
- Have worked with BI Tools and systems like Power Bi, SAP, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in creating data-rich dashboards, writing DAX expressions, and implementing row-level security
- Ability to develop custom BI product that requires scripting language knowledge like R and Python
- Sound knowledge of database management, SQL querying, data modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence, and OLAP
- Experience in big data tools like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
- Experience with Automation Tools
- Ability to see the analytics and communicate in layman terms
- Understand software development architecture to transform the requirements into products
- Strong communication and client management skills for better interaction within in-house team and clients
- Ability to multitask
- Document the process, models, designs, solutions, and able to discuss with teams
- Problem-solving approach
- Always eager to learn and self-motivated
- Stay updated with the advantages in the industry and always apply best practices to the business environment
The entry-level positions start at $100,000 per annum, and over the years, it increases up to $121,875. Senior Power BI developer will make up to $131,625 per annum.
We cater to various sectors - Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.