Hire Prestashop Developers
Consumers browse online for any product they need in today's world, as online shopping saves them time and money. In addition, more entrepreneurs turn to the Internet to maximize their revenues. Therefore, a good online shop with easy-to-manage features is a hot pick for anyone who is into eCommerce. But, on the other hand, consumers look for websites with the availability of complete information for the products they need and which are secure and fast loading.
PrestaShop, also called PShop, is a free, open-source eCommerce solution that does the job of everything you need to require an online store. You can set up and use your Prestashop online store within just 15 minutes and start making money right away. PrestaShop is the program by which you can create and run your eCommerce store online website without any knowledge of programming or coding skills. It is one of the most popular Open-Source eCommerce platforms based on the LAMP stack.
PrestaShop - An innovative eCommerce solution
PrestaShop group was founded in 2011 in Paris. PrestaShop was officially released in August 2007 and is available under the Open Software License. It is translated into 63 languages with only English, Portuguese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, and Russian language support in all the versions. Technical support is provided through Paid Support plans or free support through the Pshop growing community forum. PrestaShop has bagged the 2010 and 2011 Best Open-Source Business Application awards.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Features of PrestaShop
PrestaShop, the open-source content management system (CMS), is written in PHP. It uses MySQL as the database and runs on the Smarty template engine used by many shops worldwide.
Some of the interesting features of PrestaShop are:
- With PrestaShop, you can upload your products with corresponding images to the database to manage orders, invoices, employees who work in your shop, customers, manufacturers, shipments, suppliers, and more.
- The solution also offers a module, “MyProducts,” to help your customers to upload and manage their products on your online store.
- It gives the programmers the ability to build third-party modules with features that can be customized.
- It is also safe and secure to use with the variety of security features available.
- PrestaShop supports payment gateways, including Google Checkout, Authorize.Net, PayPal, DirecPay, Skrill, and EBANX Checkout via their independent APIs. More payment modules are offered commercially.
- It makes extensive use of AJAX for the admin panel, but the module blocks are available for easy addition to the store by independent developers completely free of charge.
- PrestaShop has an official marketplace where priced modules and themes called PShop Addons can be purchased. In addition, a number of developers who support and contribute to the growing community also offer their own Addons.
- The PrestaShop group operates a website called PrestaBox to integrate the software into a one-stop hosting solution.
- The newer version of PrestaShop is an improved core application that meets higher standards of quality and ease of maintenance.
- It offers the merchandising solution with a complete range of options for a single store to contain all your products, customers, invoices, automatic order processing, promotions, and discounts.
- PrestaShop allows you to send email notifications automatically when customers place their orders in your online store.
How PrestaShop Works?
PrestaShop works on a MySQL database in the back-end. You can download the PrestaShop files from the Internet using a domain name, a web server like Apache, Microsoft IIS with PHP 5.1 or higher, and MySQL 5.0 or higher installed with a database and FTP permissions. After the download, the files are to be hosted on your website. These web pages will now act as your online store, and the PHP code performs the actions for your store. PrestaShop is also flexible to function on any database used by other applications.
A fresh database can be created in MySQL, which can now be updated with your records. After the installation is complete, you can complete the required setup for the admin account and start setting up your PrestaShop online store right away. Using the store control panel, you can add your products for your store, check your sales, change the design of your store layout, and set up security settings for access rights.
The control panel includes the following options:
- Catalog - to manage the product range and include attributes, features, attachments, and customization
- Orders - for invoice management, post-purchase communication, and printing packaging slips
- Customers - to view and edit your customers’ list and create groups of customers
- Shipping - for information related to the delivery of your customers’ order, including shipping types, cost, and duration of delivery
- Price Rules - for customizing the customers’ shopping experience, including discounts offered for carriers, suppliers, products, categories, manufacturers, promotions, gift vouchers that can be purchased, and free shipping
- Modules - to support all shopping modules such as a shopping cart or menu
- Preferences - provides the tools to set up preferences
- Localization - to set up the shop for different zones, countries, states, languages, currencies, taxes and rules, and translations
- Administration - to set up profiles, access permissions, insert, edit or delete employees, and manage the preferences set
- Advanced Parameters - to set up different performance parameters like backups, cache, and logs
- Stats - to capture and use statistics to measure your online shop’s performance against your competitors, which gives you an insight into how to change and improve your shop to meet the users’ expectations
With the PrestaShop Content Management System, you can create important pages in your web store like the About Us, Terms and conditions of use, and so on. It also allows you to move modules around and decide on the pages where some of the modules need not appear. Furthermore, PrestaShop will enable you to define the sizes of the default images for your store, such as categories, scenes, products, and more, which helps create a unique look and feel for your web store. In addition, you can create interesting layouts and customize your template with your well-chosen dimensions.
Themes impart the distinguishing, unique look for your online store. They create the color of the graphic visuals and set the ambiance of your store online. PrestaShop offers some themes for free, and some are to be purchased online. You can download the free themes from the Addons on the PrestaShop website.
PrestaShop helps centralize your customers’ inquiries to keep track of email threads that are to be answered instead of checking with all recipients in the email chain if the query was answered. It also helps you to manage abandoned carts that may have transformed into potential orders. There is a Customer Follow-up module available through which you can send vouchers to customers who have abandoned their shopping carts or to long-time purchasers to thank them for their orders.
Requirements - hard skills
- Good knowledge of the eCommerce domain
- Working knowledge of creating responsive websites
- Good understanding of MVC design patterns
- Should possess skills to modify and override default PrestaShop functionalities
- Good knowledge of creating modules and customizing themes for PrestaShop
- Should have in-depth knowledge of the PrestaShop shopping cart
- Should possess knowledge of the working of the SmartyPHP engine
- Able to implement the best practices of using PrestaShop
- Demonstrable knowledge of API integration, Payment Gateways, XML with a focus on standards
- Demonstrable source control experience
- Takes a logical approach and problem-solving skills
- Verbal and spoken communication skills and a true team player
PrestaShop is fast, easy to learn, and search engine friendly. PrestaShop developers have to connect their thoughts with the real-time shopping experience and develop solutions according to the clients’ interests. They are also expected to stay abreast with the technology enhancements to bring out the right solutions for the business requirements they work on.
A PrestaShop developer imparts the following responsibilities:
- Work on core programming, bug fixing, and code debugging
- Maintain the existing or new PrestaShop store
- Propose innovative solutions and develop new modules in PrestaShop
- Upgrade and make updates to the PrestaShop store as per the client’s requirements
- Check for redundancies in the store and implement removal of the same
- Manage and resolve issues identified by engaging both business and development groups
- Analyze and develop new features for existing online websites
- Recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Keep up to date with recent versions and software development
Many developers are keen on getting trained in PrestaShop for its ease of use and robust features. In addition, the ability to create a professional, attractive online store without much coding attracts the techies to embrace a career in PrestaShop.
Skuad helps you in identifying potential talent in the industry for your job requirements.
We cater to various sectors - Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.