Hire RabbitMQ Developers
First launched in 2007 as a joint venture between LShift and CohesiveF, RabbitMQ was initially developed by Rabbit Technologies Ltd. It is a cross-platform message-broker software known as message-oriented middleware used globally by small startups and large enterprises.
RabbitMQ is one of the most popular open-source message brokers or an intermediary for messaging with more than ten thousand users. RabbitMQ can run on different cloud environments and various operating systems that give your applications a common platform to send and receive messages quickly and safely. With the rise in demand for the technology, it has provided enormous job opportunities for RabbitMQ developers to explore and learn; therefore, top companies are always on the hunt to hire skilled RabbitMQ developers that can prove to be assets to their organization.
With the aim of clustering and failover, RabbitMQ is built on an Open Telecom Platform and is written in Erlang. According to its website, RabbitMQ is exceptionally lightweight and is easy to work with. Also, it supports various programming languages and several API protocols such as STOMP, MQTT, AMQP, HTTP. With uncountable benefits such as flexible routing and delivery acknowledgments, this does have certain loopholes that can be easily taken care of.
Tools and Developing Technologies of RabbitMQ
The following are the command line tools of RabbitMQ.
- Rabbitmqctl is the original CLI tool that supports various operations, primarily administrative in nature.
- Rabbitmq-plugins is a tool that manages lists, enables, and disables them, and supports both online and offline modes.
- Rabbitmq-diagnostics is a tool that monitors the health of RabbitMQ nodes.
- Rabbitmq-queues is a command-line tool responsible for managing queues such as grow and shrink.
- Rabbitmq-upgrade provides commands for regular updating of RabbitMQ nodes.
RabbitMQ does have some additional tools for better performance. Below, we have listed all of them.
- Rabbitmq-collect-new is primarily appropriate for Unix-like and Unix operating systems.
- Rabbitmqadmin is a command-line tool that is much more convenient than Web-based UI for automation tasks.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Role and Responsibilities of RabbitMQ Developers
RabbitMQ is a popular software; therefore, the RabbitMQ developers are responsible for fulfilling various roles and responsibilities so that they can fulfill employers' expectations in the organization. Below we have listed significant responsibilities that a RabbitMQ developer is supposed to satisfy:
- Responsible for installing, configuring, administrating RabbitMQ on multiple windows environments.
- Hands-on experience with the concept of message-oriented middleware with different messaging styles such as pub-sub and messaging APIs, including STOMP, AMQP, REST, JMS.
- Responsible for taking care of queues, exchanging, and virtual hosts.
- Must have prior working experience in clustering, high availability of RabbitMQ nodes, and security.
- Keeping a close eye on RabbitMQ alarms.
- Identifying and troubleshooting technical glitches.
- Migration of RabbitMQ.
- Solid understanding and hands-on working experience with Cloud (AWS).
- Proper knowledge of deploying and managing in Cloud environments.
Requirements- Hard Skills
For developers to mark their position at the top, hard skills or technical skills are extremely important that work as a base for their career. RabbitMQ is a respectable position that comes with a great skill set that one should develop. Below, we have listed some primary hard skills necessary for every RabbitMQ developer to ace the workplace:
- Should have a solid understanding of RabbitMQ.
- Hands-on experience of working with RabbitMQ (P3 - Advanced).
- Proper knowledge of Amazon Web Services (P3 Advanced).
- Well-versed with terms such as Message Queuing.
- Guaranteed Delivery Patterns and Techniques P3 Advanced).
- Understanding of Erlang programming language.
- Solid grasp over Java Enterprise Edition (P2 Advanced).
- Capabilities to detect and troubleshoot technical issues without harming the existing files.
- Capacity to meet the expected deadlines.
- Participating in other business requirements.
Requirements- Soft Skills
For a developer to excel in the working environment, soft skills are equally important. Soft skills are the personal attributes that help a person interact effectively in the functional space. Below, we have listed some primary soft skills that every developer should possess:
- Should be able to understand the team members' perspectives in order to fully understand the situation and find a better way to deal with it efficiently.
- As a developer, communication is the key to success. Better communication gives rise to clear perspectives, expectations, and improved results.
- Working in a team is an inseparable aspect of work life. Working together leads to better performance.
- Gone are the days when developers could just sit in a corner unnoticed and create codes. Today, they need to be approachable enough to address client’s queries, team, engage in discussions with team members and any other needs in the organization.
- Being patient with people in the workplace and towards work is a crucial skill.
- The ability to accept new ideas, inspire someone, and deal with criticism.
- Developing problem-solving skills helps to deal with problems regularly in the workplace.
- Ability to take complete ownership of mistakes.
- Despite popular opinions, creativity always has space in the room.
- Developers should have the skills to adapt and learn the latest technological changes as it gives rise to improved working opportunities.
- IT is a changing environment that changes in a blink of an eye. Therefore, the skill to adapt to the latest changes and mold accordingly makes you a better developer.
- Developers need to possess critical thinking to think differently in the organization to deliver the expected results.
- The ability to multitask at the same time is a must.
- What comes as the most critical skill is time management. Managing time efficiently and valuing others' time is a valuable skill to getting tasks done.
Below, we have mentioned the expected skills and experience expected from a RabbitMQ developer:
- Bachelor's and/or a Master's degree in Computer Science or any relevant field.
- Hands-on working experience of 3-5 years in a similar field.
- Collaborating with other developers to deliver the best results.
- Effectively dealing with changing working environments.
- Estimating the work requirements.
- Collaborating with leaders to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Assessing the technical viabilities.
- Introducing effective solutions to emerging problems.
- Daily monitoring and resolving issues.
- Attending regular meetings and giving insightful ideas.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Mentoring and guiding the new talents of the team to ensure the best results.
- Providing the best solutions to problems in the working environment.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
The salary of a RabbitMQ developer is determined by various factors such as the individual's job title, the location of the company, and most importantly, the number of years of experience. According to the latest market research, an average salary of a RabbitMQ developer runs around $105,156 per annum. If one is a fresher, then one can expect an average of $95,000 per annum. With time and experience, the salary boosts up.
RabbitMQ Developer Certification
Getting certified as a RabbitMQ developer has numerous benefits as it's a position of pride in the IT world, and certification opens up doors for better opportunities. This helps developers grow professionally and excel in their respective fields. Being in a sophisticated position, the developer needs to attain a higher level of technological superiority as the slightest mistake might result in a wide range of issues in the existing system. Therefore, it's always advisable to get certified before entering the IT world as a RabbitMQ developer. Companies love to hire RabbitMQ developers who are certified and high-skilled as compared to the non-certified ones.
We at Skuad can help you hire the best-certified professionals from all over the world under one roof. We act as your local HR to fulfill all your hiring requirements, right from freelancers to full-time developers!
The following are the key takeaways from RabbitMQ:
- Introduced in 2007 as a joint venture.
- An open-source message-broker software where different applications can send and receive messages.
- Written in Erlang programming language.
- It is lightweight and works efficiently on Clouds.
- It has various command-line tools and other additional tools too for better functioning.
- Some of the significant advantages of RabbitMQ are its delivery acknowledgment and flexible routine.
- Since RabbitMQ is an improved technology, beginners may find that its commands are too technical.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!