Hire Redis Developers
Redis (Remote Dictionary Server) is an in-memory data structure that is open source. It is used as a database, message broker and cache with optional durability. It offers different data structures like hashes, lists, sets, strings, bitmaps, geospatial indexes, and streams. The project was designed and maintained by Salvatore Sanfilippo, sponsored by Redis Labs. This open-source software is BSD licensed. Redis is the most popular key-value database and ranked among the top 5 NoSQL databases in terms of market presence and user satisfaction, according to the review. It was also called and voted as the most lovable database in the world.
Redis works with an in-memory dataset to attain high performance. Atomic operations can be run easily, like incrementing the value in a hash, pushing an element to a list, appending to a string, or getting the member with the highest ranking in a sorted set. Redis supports asynchronous replication with amazingly fast non-blocking first synchronization. Redis can be used in most programming languages. Redis is written in ANSI C and works in most systems like Linux, BSD, and OS X. Linux and OS X are the two operating systems where it can be developed, and Linux is recommended for deployment. A Redis developer is in high demand in the current job market due to the popularity of Redis. Top companies like Accenture, HCL and several others hire Redis developers in the IT field.
Learn more about Redis
Important Features of Redis
Redis is one of the most popular and sought-after databases in the world. It has some features that make it unique from the other databases as it is performance oriented and extremely quick. Some of the features of Redis include:
- In-memory storage: Redis stores data on the primary memory. Primary memory is faster than secondary memory and reading and writing have been faster. This is one of the reasons for using Redis as a cache in many applications but is much more than a cache.
- Advanced-Data Structures: It can store different types of data structures like Lists, Sets, Strings, sorted sets, Streams, Bit arrays, HyperLoglogs and Hashes as it stores its data in key-value pairs.
- Persistence: Redis offers two mechanisms to prevent the data from getting washed off or cleaned when a power failure suddenly occurs. Snapshots and AOFs are the two mechanisms behind the Redis datastore on the secondary memory.
- Replication: Redis uses master-slave architecture where the data can be replicated to many replica servers. This helps boost the read performance and fast recovery if the primary server experiences an outage.
- Huge Support: It is based on open standards and provides an open data format. It can support more than 40 programming languages.
Due to all these features, Redis stands out compared to the other databases, and they cannot provide or serve the same purpose that Redis offers.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Redis developer
Redis is a popular database, and Redis developers are high in demand in the job market today as they have a lot of opportunities available. There are certain skills and responsibilities required for a Redis Developer, some of them are mentioned below:
- Should have hands-on experience with Redis is very mandatory.
- Help with on-time maintenance of all the databases. This includes restores, backups, archiving, upgrades, and review for potential problems or log errors.
- Should have experience protecting sensitive data distributed across various databases and exploring possible external and internal threat sources.
- Should know about writing infrastructure as code IaC.
- Should have experience setting up large production databases, including installation of PostgreSQL, backup, recovery, and experience.
- Experience with the required programming languages.
- Should know GraphQL, NoSQL
- Knowledge of Cassandra and ClickHouse is a benefit.
- Should be able to work in close collaboration with the team responsible for the development teams.
- Should have hands-on experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot and Application Runtime configuration.
- Should be able to apply security patches.
- Should be able to work with operations to deploy Redis updates, patches, and version upgrades when required.
- Experience performing system administration tasks on Linux and shell scripting.
- Should be able to build tools, services interfaces, and frameworks to enable the development team to monitor, manage and operate code in production.
Skills required for Redis developer
- Logical skills
- Leadership skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Research skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking
- Presentation skills
- Team player
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Redis Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure of a Redis developer
The Redis developers are in demand in the market and will continue to grow in the coming years. With required skills and experience, a Redis developer can get a high pay. In the United States, the annual average salary of a Redis developer is US $107,199. The annual salary of a Redis developer in India is around US $10,767 to US $13,459 per annum. It may vary depending upon the number of years of experience and knowledge in the field.
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
Freelance Redis developers have always got the freedom to work flexibly according to their convenience and preferences. They can work on-premises as well as remotely too. Some companies hire Redis developers on a contractual basis for various projects. A well-experienced Redis developer can set the remuneration package according to their skills and experience. Many companies offer an attractive salary package for Redis developers when hired on a contractual basis.
Updating your knowledge to the next level is always important in the IT file and a certification is the best way to do so. It helps you to learn more about it as well as can be beneficial in other ways. The Redis database is one of the popular databases in the world. A certification can act as a key differentiator for the job seekers who look for database development.
Getting a Redis certification helps prove that they have mastered this field, which is always an added advantage. The certification centres on Redis’s core functionality, including performance awareness, data modeling, data structure, and writing code against clustered Redis deployment and debugging. A Redis Certification adds a powerful set of skills to your knowledge. It can sharpen your knowledge, and these skills can be applied for optimizing data management problems. A certification in Redis also aids to use the Redis in the most efficient way.
Redis developers have great scope in the job market and will continue to grow in the future. Having a certification can highlight your resume as well as boost your career opportunities as a Redis developer. It can open a wide door with plenty of opportunities for an enthusiastic job aspirant.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!