Hire Research Developer
Research development is collectively a set of proactive, strategic, and catalytic activities designed to aid the researchers, faculty members, administrations to build systems that will enhance the growth of businesses in this competitive world. Research development technologies involve building software or modifying the existing systems that will aid in the aforementioned process. For growth and development, timely modifications of the existing system are very vital. Many companies and industries hire those developers who are skilled in developing such systems and technologies. Simply R&D can be of two types. One is where the engineers directly work on developing new products, and the other one is where scientists and researchers in the industry deal with applied research.
A research developer is an individual with skill sets that will aid him in developing and modifying software and hardware systems. The developers get the opportunity to work in a variety of industries where they collaboratively work with researchers and experts engaged in designing and personalizing systems that will then help create products according to the business requirements. For a company's survival, new products have to be launched timely. This is very important to deal with competition in the market. For this reason, many industries have their R&D setups where the developers work on developing the new products and enhancing the features of the already existing ones. This is an everlasting field and will never go out of fashion. There will always be a constant need for skilled individuals with an analytical mindset and the ability to work in a team and under immense pressure. Apart from this, the developers and technicians are globally paid a good sum for their input. So this is something that is not very easy to be a part of but provides people with promising career opportunities.
Learn more research development
These activities are conducted mostly by the special units present in the big institutions, companies, organizations, and agencies. These activities are future-oriented long-term activities in STEM where similar scientific techniques are out in action to discover new things that will be helpful in commercial yield. The average R&D intensity in the USA is around 3.5%. High technology companies, especially the engineering companies like Ericsson, spend over 15% of their revenue on research development. The number of companies investing in research development is increasing day by day. Each business wants to put out the best product in the market, and for that, they need to carry out top-quality research, and for this, they require highly skilled developers. Hence the vacancies in this field for skilled individuals are very high, and the salaries are also very good.
Importance of research development
R&D is the reason for the successful working of many organizations. Well-planned and systematic research development departments are the driving force behind a company's success. The invention of new products and development of the existing ones results from the function of a good R&D team. Growing pharmaceutical industries, automobiles, the educational sector, and improvised agricultural activities are all due to good R&D departments. The economic progress of a country is due to research development. It is an essential part of the modern business world.
Roles and responsibilities of research developers
Research and development engineers (research developers) work on creating new business opportunities. They do so by researching, applying their knowledge, inventing new engineering technologies or improvising the existing techniques. The job of an R&D expert is a complex one. A few skill sets required to be a research developer are:
- The main goal is to increase the efficiency of manufacturing and subsequently improve the quality of the manufactured product.
- The research developers may collaborate with scientists, IT experts, product designing teams, and other engineers on a product concept. In a team, they may create prototypes and test already completed models to ensure the working, functionality, safety, and attractiveness of the final product.
- A developer will have to meet with the business teams, R&D team, and marketing to discuss the products and the possible ideas.
- The developer must improvise the existing products and work on enhancing their functionality and reducing their production costs.
- The developer must design the product and the specifications sheet and must be able to present it to the marketers and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of simulation, software development, semiconductor module production, market research, image processing, project coordinating, and computational fluid dynamics.
- The developer must conduct market research and know-how to evaluate similar products and their functions.
- The developer must have the ability to conceptualize methods to invent and improve product quality.
- A developer must have organizational skills.
- Timely completion of the assigned goal is expected from the developers
- Teamwork is essential. The developer must collaborate with the marketing team and engineers to discuss and improvise on the product's feasibility.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work extra hours are also very important.
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Research Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure of Research Developers
Research is vital for growth in any industry. Hence, the job of a research developer is an important one. Anywhere in India, an average research developer is paid around US $30,000 or a little above. The scope is wide, and the opportunities are in great numbers. According to payscale.com, the national average salary per annum of a research developer is between US $77k to US $110k in the United States of America. Experienced research developers gradually get a total rise of 36% in their salaries. Freelancers may get paid a little more depending upon the contract they sign and the company/ organization they work along with.
Freelancing and contract basis work
Many research developers set up their freelance or contract work ventures after working for a few years with a recognized organization, laboratories, and companies. You can then start working on a contract basis with emerging organizations and businesses and already existing companies. The advantage of this approach is that you get to set up your prices and get the flexibility of working as per your convenience and timings. You can also collaborate with other researchers and teams to explore bigger projects.
Research development certification
Certification in the field of research development can be of great help while hunting for a job. The following list is of the few certifications that can may enable an individual to work as a research developer:
- Master Certified Electronics Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Pharmacy Technician
- Project Management Professional
Many companies are dedicated to research and development because it is the backbone of working for a successful business. R&D deals with technology organization and innovative engineering. This is required for the creation of useful products that will bring ease to people's lives. Developers that come with sustainable solutions for the ongoing problems of climate change, excessive use of radiation technology, and deforestation have an even better opportunity to work in this market. The developers do not just have to work on the R&D sites and laboratories, and facilities; they may also get to meet new people, customers, get to attend several conferences, and visit sites where the results drawn by the developers are being implemented. In the coming years, numerous opportunities will be generated for research developers. Hence it is a good option to choose research development as a career pathway.
We, at Skuad, cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!