Hire SAP Developer
SAP is an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system that businesses employ in their communication software. These systems offer integrated management of various business schedules and processes. SAP is software that mediates the integrated management systems. Founded in 1972, SAP stands for System Analysis Program Development. Today SAP has almost 230 million cloud users who actively benefit from the software's inbuilt applications that connect different business components. SAP achieves the same by compiling a well-constructed business suite that is available digitally.
As businesses develop and evolve each day, inter-departmental communication and connection become more important for overall functioning and progress. To facilitate the same, certain ERP systems assist businesses in functioning. ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning, and they help businesses run smooth communication channels between databases of different departments, such as sales, finance, human resource, inventory, etc. The success of any business revolves around how it effectively communicates and how data essentially flows in these systems.
A traditional ERP relies on decentralized data management, with each function within a setup maintaining a separate database. This approach makes cross-departmental or cross-functional channeling cumbersome. Faulty data entry and data duplication are common errors of traditional ERP methods.
However, SAP employs a centralized database management system that solves all existing problems with the traditional method. TAnRP system is formed through centralization that runs on a common database and encourages better cross-functional/departmental communication. A single tunnel of data is thus created, which assists companies in organizing business processes. SAP achieves that by enabling every department to procure or refer to data from different departments easily. This increases the efficiency of business functioning manifolds, and it also generates auto-updates with no data duplication in databases. This, in turn, reduces labor costs and decreases chances of discontinuity or redundancy in the business setup.
All core business functions and databases, such as procurement, material management, sales, marketing finance, human resources, etc., fall under the umbrella of SAP software. SAP develops software solutions for companies and provides basic mapping and designing of business schedules with standard applications offered by SAP. One single destination or stop is created for companies from purchase, manufacturing, marketing to customer delight and satisfaction.
SAP has a variety of modules that offer software solutions for all needs in a business organization. These modules include:
- Financial accounting is the process of obtaining, summarizing, and reporting company business through financial reports.
- The Asset Accounting Component (FIAA) manages and monitors fixed assets through the SAP system.
- SAP Control (CO) is another important SAP module provided to organizations. It supports the coordination, monitoring, and optimization of all processes in the organization. SAP CO includes billing for input consumption and services provided by the organization.
- The AP sales and distribution module is part of the SAP logistics module, which manages the customer relationship from quotation alert and submission to sales order and product or service invoice.
- The material management module supports all functions of material management which include planning, control, etc.
- The project plan module is used to plan the costs associated with the project or program. It employs a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to record and store project activities and specifics.
- Quality management is important to the warehouse because it reviews incoming materials when they arrive at the factory and manufacturing plant.
- SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM) is a software product used to manage all maintenance activities in an organization. It records problems in the SAP system, plans work and material movements, and records and calculates costs.
- The SAP Project System (SAP PS) module is an integrated project management tool that tracks all aspects of the project system and other components of the SAP application. It can handle small and large projects for the entire company. In a business setup, everything looks like a project.
SAP employs the phase model of working that works from start to finish in business projects. These include Project Preparation, Business Blueprint, Realization, Final Preparation, and Go-Live Support.
Business giants across various industries in the US and abroad use SAP in their business model functioning. Enlfyt.com reported data from 27,550 companies that use SAP ERP; SAP is mostly used by companies that employ over 1000-5000 employees and generate a revenue of 1M-10M dollars. Some of them include ConAgra, BASF North America, Audi AG, Burger King, Citrix, Pepsico, Honeywell, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities of an SAP Developer
SAP developers must deal with all things business software and all things SAP-related. This requires them to be efficient in sap. Apart from efficiency, they must largely create and maintain programs and programs systems that run on SAP. They are responsible for maintaining and creating resources used in the larger SAP framework to ensure efficiency and error-free channeling. Their roles can further be described into categories like:
- Creation: Using SAP ABAP language to code and develop programs compliant with SAP efficiently.
- Maintenance: Ensuring that the programs are well-maintained and run error-free.
- Projects: Creating projects and reports using SAP components like project progress.
- Collaboration: Working with other departments such as IT to work together on deadlines and ensure timely delivery.
- Problem-solving: To understand the program’s functionality and code, keep an eye on problems, and offer timely and efficient solutions.
- Research: Researching new technologies that can be relevant to support business organization and demonstrate new coding methods in suite-like HANA, CDS views, AMDP, etc.
- System Analysis: Performing system analysis, developing technical specifications and recommendations for SAP applications.
Skills required for an SAP Developer
A SAS developer is hired by companies to majorly perform programming and coding for SAP and its modules and applications. They ensure that the new programs are fault-free and integrated well with other applications that the organization applies for its business processes and functions. Flexibility and knowledge in other business applications and software are desired for better integration and functioning. The skill domain, therefore, is derived from the basic roles of the SAS developer. The skills can be listed as:
- Experience in designing, developing data services using SAP and ABAP CDS
- Hold on ABAP Programming Model and ensure delivery of maintainable, readable codes.
- Good knowledge of upgrade projects/support pack applications.
- Demonstrable experience in BRF+, Workflows, Classical/ALV/Interactive Reports, Smart Forms/ADOBE forms, Dialog Programs, and BDC programs.
- Expert knowledge of SAP components: ABAP, SAP EWM, EDI, SAP Success Factors, SAP Material Management, SAP CRM, Finance and Controlling, HR, etc.
- Maintaining proficiency in a particular area of the product.
- Flexibility to work on a tight schedule under pressure.
- Understanding dynamics in a team setup. Have skills in conflict resolution if required.
- Attention to detail and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills to work inter-departmentally.
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced SAP Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or equivalent.
Salary Structure for an SAP Developer
SAP is a popular ERP software that businesses use widely to improve the functioning of their business processes from start to finish. Leading companies in the US like Bloomberg, Rust-Oleum, CHS Inc., NTT DATA Services, etc., apply SAP as their core components in business structure. According to indeed.com, the average salary per hour of an SAP developer is US $64.41. An average base salary per year cited by payscale.com for an SAP developer amounts to US $101,551. The job satisfaction rates, as stated by both the sites, are 70+% on average. The top earners in SAP and ABAP can earn about US $182,000 of annual income as stated by ziprecruiter.com, with an average earning of US $129,669. According to glassdoor.com, the national average salary in the US hits up to US $103,347. Another statistic by zippia.com mentions the average salary up to US $96,543 per year for an SAP/ABAP developer. These statistics vary, and the salary can increase or decrease based on the company/business specifics a developer works at.
Freelancing and Contractual Basis Work
Freelance and contractual SAP Developers enjoy great demand in the market nowadays as more and more companies are looking to outsource their development-related tasks. Hence, freelancing SAP developers can expect to enjoy a steady flow of work to make a decent income while working at their own convenience. The remuneration that freelancers or contractors can expect varies as per their skills and experience.
Since SAP is a widely used software for businesses, its knowledge is popular and in demand. SAP can directly impact a company's efficiency and business structure; therefore, companies seek developers with SAP-specific skill sets and knowledge of assisted technologies to render their expertise in business improvement and maintenance. A variety of online platforms provide SAP certification courses that are verified. These courses help developers to earn SAP-specific knowledge. SAP Certified Development Specialist is a verified certification. It includes thorough learning in ABAP for SAP HANA 2.0. An SAP Certified Development Associate is another certification that emphasizes learning ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.50. Candidates must pass both the exams at an SAP Training Center, via Pearson VUE, or in the cloud. Training.sap.com provides a Global Certification in SAP for developers to become authentic and skilled SAP consultants. Additional courses and certifications are also available through various online platforms and enhance a developer's learning journey.
The Skuad solution caters to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad today!