Hire SharePoint Developers
Communication and collaboration are now the two biggest levers that drive business, especially in times like this when remote working is not a luxury but a necessity. To facilitate seamless communication and file sharing among teams, companies invest in having SharePoint implemented among teams. SharePoint is a web-based collaboration platform that works on the intranet. It allows easy sharing of files and encourages teamwork. It is integrated with Microsoft.
SharePoint features that a developer need to know
- Custom Development
SharePoint developers have to create a customized experience for businesses depending on their size, requirement, the industry they are in, etc. For example, a SharePoint developer has to create an intranet, ticketing system, helpdesk system, document management system, etc., as per the business need. A SharePoint developer may also have to implement some add-ins for better functionality. Some commonly used custom features include workflows, site templates, web parts, etc.
- Brand compliance
SharePoint developers are often needed to build custom SharePoint that look and feel like a part of the brand. So, they may need to add logos, customize a page layout, add colors and specific fonts to adhere to the brand compliance of the company.
- User Training
SharePoint developers may need to train the users to use SharePoint as well as how to do some basic customizations when needed. The onus lies with the SharePoint developers to make the end-users familiar with the different customization options available with SharePoint.
Implementing a SharePoint site is not just enough. The developer also needs to ensure that the application works seamlessly. So, if you’re hiring a SharePoint developer, ensure they are also responsible for maintenance and support of the website.
Migration is always a need for businesses. For example, businesses may want to migrate to a newer version on SharePoint Online or SharePoint Server. So, while hiring a SharePoint developer, ensure that the developer is familiar with the migration process and can handle the same.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Common SharePoint job roles
1. SharePoint Engineer
SharePoint Engineers are responsible for configuring and administering SharePoint sites in any organization and ensure their smooth functioning in day-to-day operation. They do patching when needed, ensure minimal downtime, and do server maintenance at frequent intervals.
2. Site Collection Administrator
A SharePoint site collection administrator needs to know SharePoint along with Site, List, and Libraries and how they manage the content of the company. As larger companies are adapting the Federated Support Model, this role is becoming quite popular. According to the Federated Support Model, each issue needs to be reviewed by the Site Collection Administrator. So they are the first line of support and are also responsible for user education.
3. SharePoint architect
A SharePoint architect is responsible for developing the environment for optimal use. A SharePoint architect needs to give meticulous detailing from network to services, how to balance the loads. Basically, it involves anything and everything for optimal usage.
Requirements - hard skills
A SharePoint developer needs to be familiar with certain skills: in-depth knowledge of SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Online, and client-side object models. They also need to know the server-side object model.
- Knowledge of Azure is desirable.
- Working experience with Angular, React, SQL, WCF Rest, Web API
- Knowledge on – Search configuration
- Knowledge of Power Automate will be an added advantage.
- Should Experience following patterns and practices suggested by Microsoft for SPFx Development
- Interact with business users for development in SharePoint
- Automate business processes using Power Platforms
- Knowledge of Nintex is preferred
- Should know and collaborate with team members through various means such as documented specs, demonstrations, and verbal communication is desired.
- Apply knowledge of SharePoint, .NET platforms, and different relevant programming languages.
- Should be able to troubleshoot related issues as and when needed.
- Need to develop and design specifications and unit test plans
- An SP developer might need to participate in writing systems documents, including use case design documents and support user acceptance testing.
- Design, build and implement SharePoint portals/intranets/extranets to satisfy the business and data needs of an organization.
- Enable and educate the team for using SharePoint infrastructure for storing data, customized search, and storing documents. The developer should be able to do all these by integrating external tools into the SharePoint framework.
- Work closely with end-users, customers, and other stakeholders to coordinate plans and activities that affect the assigned projects.
- Provide technical leadership to contract and management in the development, maintenance, and application of developing SharePoint technologies as they apply to agency needs.
- Participate with consultants and vendors in the assessment of systems and databases subject to SharePoint applications and use.
A SharePoint developer should have hands-on experience developing SharePoint applications like SharePoint 2013/ 2010, SharePoint Online, SQL Server, TFS, Git, etc. Some organizations may also ask for experience in DevOps, VS latest frameworks. Along with it, a SharePoint developer is also expected to work independently on different engineering tasks simultaneously, including design, development, maintenance, etc., or as required. A junior-level SharePoint developer should be able to make a smooth transition to a more reliable engineer who can solve various technical problems, work collaboratively with all the project stakeholders, and should be able to work under minimal guidance and supervision.
A senior SharePoint developer needs to have all the above-mentioned experiences along with some additional skills. These include:
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Should have excellent debugging knowledge
- Should be familiar with following patterns and practices as suggested by Microsoft for SPFx Development
- Experience of SharePoint Server Side and Client Side Object Model
- Build workflow forms using PowerApps/Flow.
- Hands-on Experiences in search-related activities – Like configuration and customization using search API and search results in the web part
- Advanced conceptual understanding of anyone Programming Language is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of one database
- Knowledge of at least one Operating System
- Should be able to understand Software Engineering with practice in at least one project
- Ability to carry on most of the medium to easy tasks with minimum help
- Exposure to Design Principles is a big plus
- Ability to understand Design Specifications independently
- Should be able to conduct Test Case runs
- Good understanding of SDLC
- Analytical abilities
- Logical thinking
- Awareness of latest technologies and trends
- Experience in working with direct end users/customers/business users to understand the requirements and provide the optimal solution
- Work with Business Managers/IT Leaders to understand project delivery expectations
- Design, develop and maintain SharePoint Out of Box and custom solutions built-in ASP.Net, C#, JSOM, CSOM
- Experience of working in Scrum/Agile techniques for project planning & deliveries
- Experience in working in the ITIL model to resolve user queries within stipulated SLAs
- Define/Improve processes to improve system performance and efficiency
- Review and implement best practices within the team to maximize system/application potential
- Analyze technologies, technical processes, and functions, document findings, identify areas for improvement and create specifications and implement
- Document all technical deliverables as part of user manuals, technical specifications, best practices
- Perform other related assignments as assigned.
- Experience in managing customer-facing roles and work assessments.
- Self-starter and have analytical, problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance customer governance meetings
- Should collaborate on SharePoint Portal Server / Windows SharePoint Services, Content Management Server
- Frameworks: SharePoint Modern Framework SPFx
- IDE: Visual Studio
- Familiarity and working knowledge with languages like C#,VB.Net, WPF, WCF are good to have
- Web Server-side: ASP.Net, IIS, Web Services
- Power Platform: Power Apps, Microsoft Flow, Power BI
- Able to nurture robust working relationships with the team, peers, and clients, scheduling flexibility required, but not a must
- It is always good to have a candidate with problem-solving skills.
- The ability to do macro-level research and analytics approaches are added advantages.
- It should be good in numbers.
- The demonstrated skill of customer handling and good people and networking skills are an asset
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are always a plus or SharePoint developer roles
Remote hiring has become predominant among companies due to the ongoing pandemic. However, experts believe that remote working is here to stay even after the pandemic is over. Whether you’re looking for freelance, full-time, or contract SharePoint developers, we at Squad can help you hire the best talent tailored to your requirements and industry.
Source: SharePoint Developer Salary
Skuad unified employment solution caters to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad today!