Hire SQL Server Developer
SQL Server is a software product developed by Microsoft, which is a relational database management system. The primary function of SQL Server is to store and retrieve data requested by other software applications that run on the same computer or other computers across the network. There are different editions of SQL Server, which are designed for different workloads and audiences. It supports ANSI SQL, which is the Structured Query Language (SQL). SQL is a special-purpose programming language designed to hold data in a relational database management system. A computer program that allows database services to other computers or programs is called a database server. SQL Server is a database server that executes the SQL language.
The scope of a SQL Server developer is not just limited to the IT sector. They are hired in different sectors like finance, healthcare, public sector, retail, and science and technology sector as every field requires a database to store their data. SQL Server developers are in high demand in the market as companies require these developers for their digital transformation strategies. With the right experience and certifications, a SQL Server developer can be hired by companies with a good salary package. The programming language requirement may vary depending upon the company. SQL Server developers enjoy a great scope globally, and some companies that hire SQL Server developers include Microsoft, Accenture, Cognizant, and Deloitte.
More about SQL Server
SQL Server is a relational database management system that is developed by Microsoft and is a software product. It is written in C and C++ language and operates in Linux and Microsoft Windows. It was initially released in April 1989 as SQL Server 1.0. SQL is a special-purpose programming language that is extremely easy to learn and is especially useful for describing data. It can be employed to gain access to the data from a relational database management system and complete any queries that are there against the same database. The SQL Server manages the implementation of the SQL language.
Important features of SQL Server
SQL language is a special-purpose programming language that is easy to learn and written in C, C++. It is a primary and robust language that manages large databases. Some features of SQL include: -
- High Performance: The language provides the high-performance capability for a heavy workload and highly transactional and high usage database systems. The data can be described in different ways using this programming language.
- Robust Transactional Support: The programming language can handle numerous transactions and large records.
- Scalability and Flexibility: The language provides flexibility and scalability. New tables can be created very easily, and tables can be deleted in a database.
- High Availability: The language is compatible with databases like MySQL, Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, SAP HANA, etc. Application extensions for procedural programming can be easily created. SQL is a powerful tool.
- Management Ease: It is used in almost every relational database management system. SQL uses common commands like ‘Select,’ ‘Insert,’ etc., that help manage a large amount of data very efficiently and quickly.
- Open Source: It is an open-source programming language that stores and retrieves data.
Roles and Responsibilities of a SQL Server Developer
The SQL Server developer has high demand in the market due to its opportunities in various sectors. This is one of the highest-paying career paths with greater scope for people with deep knowledge of the language. The common roles and responsibilities required for a SQL Server developer includes: -
- A good understanding of the database concepts like the temporary tables, views, indexes, schemas, tablespaces, etc., is required.
- Should have worked and well experienced in SQL Server Development.
- Should have a strong background in database programming.
- Should have in-depth knowledge in creating, maintaining, and optimizing queries.
- Well experienced in the field.
- Should be proficient in Performance tuning, defining stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Should be responsible for support, development, maintenance, and support of small to medium project components.
- Should have debugging and analytical skills
- Should know about software development principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of programming language and necessary tools.
- Expert in resolving database problems and troubleshooting.
- Should have experience with backups, restores, and recovers models.
- Should have experience with Data Migration, DB upgrade projects, or Re-platforming.
- Should be able to write and debug dynamic SQL.
Skills required for a SQL Server developer
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Communicative skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Curiosity to learn new technical skills
- Presentation skills
Skuad unified employment solution can enable the hiring of certified and experienced SQL Server Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
Salary Structure for an SQL Developer
Skilled SQL Server developers are in great demand in the market. With the required skills and experience, SQL Server developers can get a handsome pay package. According to indeed.com, the annual average pay for a SQL Server developer is around US $87,023. In India, the annual salary for an experienced SQL Server developer is around US $6,066. It may vary depending on the experience and skills of the individual.
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
A freelance SQL Server developer has got the independence to work according to their flexibility and convenience. Some companies hire SQL Server developers on a contractual basis too. You can expect a remuneration package according to your experience and skills. The remuneration package is almost the same as that of an experienced SQL Server developer working in a leading corporation.
SQL Server Certification
SQL is one of the most popularly used database query languages. SQL Server developers are responsible for creating functions and stored procedures, designing database tables and structures, and writing optimized SQL queries for integration. To boost your opportunities and stand unique among the competitors, SQL Server has a lot of certification and specialization. It can act as a key differentiator for the job aspirants who look for roles in database development and administration.
Having SQL Server certifications can make the jobseeker stand out as the employer knows that they can develop and maintain database and information solutions. It is an easy-to-learn simple programming language. A certification is an added advantage for upcoming developers. This can help increase the salary package and can also sometimes help with the process of promotion. SQL Server developers are hired in other fields as well, and certification is a plus point.
The SQL Server developers have a great scope in the job market and are in high demand. This is a skill whose demand will continue to grow in the future. Certification can boost your job prospects and help you to achieve your desired role by opening a whole range of opportunities in front of you.
Skuad solution caters to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!