Hire SWF Developers
SWF is short for ShockWave Flash. It is a format of the Adobe Flash File Format that is used for Vector Graphics, Multimedia, and Action Script. An SWF file can contain animation or an applet of different degrees of intercommunication and its functioning. An SWF feature may also occur in a program commonly used in in-browser games.
The idea behind introducing an SWF format was to create short files so that they can show entertaining animations.
Tools used by an SWF Developer
SWF Tools is a collection of different properties that are used together to function the Adobe Flash Files. The tool collection includes different properties that can help you in the reading of SWF files, combining and creating them from other sources like images, sound files, videos, etc.
The following are the tools used by an SWF Developer:
- as3Compile: It is a standalone ActionScript 3.0 compiler.
- avi2swf: An AVI animation file to an SWF converter.
- Font2swf: The Font file (TTF. Type1) to an SWF converter.
- Gif2swf: This is able to handle animated gifs. It is a Gif to SWF file converter.
- Jpeg2swf: It generates a slideshow of one or more pictures. This tool helps in the compression of a video and a better conversion of videos.
- Pdf2swf: It is a PDF to SWF converter which generates one frame per page including tables and formulas.
- png2swf: Like Jpeg2swf, only png2swf.
- Swfbox: This allows you to read, optimize, and readjust SWF bounding boxes.
- Swfc: Includes SWF file creation from simple script files.
- Swfcombine: Multi functioning of SWF inserts.
- Swfdump: This tool helps in printing out SWF information, such as images/fonts/sounds, cross-reference, etc.
- Swfextract: This tool helps in the extraction of the SWF element, that is, movie clips, sounds, images, etc.
- Swfrender: This tool helps in the rendering of SWF files.
- Swfstrings: This tool helps in the scanning of the SWF data.
- wav2swf: This tool helps you in the conversion of WAV audio to SWF conversion.
A good SWF developer should have knowledge of all the tools and how and where to use them.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Role of an SWF Developer
The job of a Flash developer is to study Adobe’s Flash program and then use this knowledge to design, develop, test, and evaluate different programs using certain applications like the Flash, Flex, etc., and other applications that are related to the Flash.
Specific work elements
The Flash Builder is used to build the Flash assets from scratch, writing and cleaning code. Also, they work with other developers of the team to work on new ideas and solve the issues faced by one another. They develop Maps, tools, banners, and websites that are Flash interactive.
Technologies used by a Flash Developer
- Internet Technologies
- Macromedia Flash
- Graphic Designing
Hard skills required for an SWF Developer
- Experience in SWF tools
- Knowledge of what SWF is and how it’s used
- Experience in HTML/CSS
- Proficient analytical skills
- Responsive design skills
- Testing and debugging skills
- Experience in the basics of back-end
- Good Search Engine Optimization
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and coding
- Excellent knowledge of design principles/patterns and architecture principles
- Expertise in SWF
- Design and build scalable web applications
- Expertise with strong coding skills in Python
- Appropriate knowledge about the pros and cons of the ShockWave Flash
- Understanding of security-related concepts/concerns
- Should have knowledge of the concepts, data algorithms, etc.
- Expertise in databases and schema design
- Experience in architecture design of the system
Requirements- Soft Skills/Others
- Knowledge of design patterns and write reusable code/modules
- Development of the new features
- Individual contribution of the developer
- Ensuring engineering excellence
- Work with the product management team
- Understand the requirements of the clients
- Translate them into functioning products
- Communication and Teamwork
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Willingness to learn
- Emotional intelligence
- Owning up to your errors
- People skills
The salary of an SWF developer will depend on the position and the experience they have. Also, the location of the job and the candidate’s skills will be taken into consideration while hiring and planning the salary structure. Nevertheless, the average salary of a developer proficient with SWF is INR 4,00,000 to 6,00,000 annually.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!