Introduction: About Swift 3 Developers
Swift was created after decades of building Apple platforms and following the latest research on various programming languages. Swift is one of the fastest and most powerful languages with design safety. It not only supports all Apple platforms but also Linux, which makes it a cross-platform language. It has numerous driven developers working to port even more platforms and it is open source, which makes it more accessible.
The world has changed. Some changes have come along for the better and are here to stay. Remote work and the ease of making worldwide connections are among the positive changes. Resultantly, in the wake of COVID-19, companies did not stop expanding; they adapted and let their employees work from home. Moreover, diverse industries continued to find the right talent by transferring the interviewing processes online.
Swift 3 produces lightning-fast code that is safe by design and is loved by users. When you hire Swift 3 developers, you get access to a powerful and intuitive platform and programming language to develop cutting-edge apps for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. Your clients can access your app on any device in the Apple ecosystem and you can engage with them 24 x 7.
Talk to Skuad experts to know more about how to hire Swift 3 developers for your company.
Tools and Swift 3 Development Technologies
A Swift 3 developer not only needs expertise in the programming language but also many other aspects of the development environment, Apple ecosystems, third-party API integration, and Apple services.
The tools and technologies that are essential to be a successful Swift 3 developer are listed below.
Swift 3 Programming
A thorough understanding of the Swift 3 programming language with its distinctive features, frameworks, and libraries, such as Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text, is essential.
Some of the important libraries with which you must have hands-on experience are,
- Alamofire, for HTTP networking
- SwiftyJSON, for working with JSON data
- ObjectMapper, to convert JSON data into model objects
- Eureka, to write dynamic table views
- SnapKit, an auto-layout library
- Spring, an animation library
Xcode is the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for developing robust apps for the Apple ecosystem devices, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. The latest version is Xcode 13, but for starting with Swift 3 development, you must have proficiency in Xcode 8.
Xcode 8 supports both Swift 2.3 and Swift 3 and allows the easy migration of Swift 2 applications to Swift 3. Using the Xcode Source Editor extensions provides better process management and security compared to the earlier plugins.
Objective-C Programming for Interoperability
Every Swift developer must know how to write code in Objective-C; after all, it was the predecessor of the language we have all come to use and love. There are many legacy applications, frameworks, and libraries in Objective-C that require interoperability with the new Swift 3 code.
Command Over Algorithms and Data Structures
Any developer worth their salt must have excellent command over algorithms and data structures and in writing modular code that can be coupled and decoupled easily. It results in efficient execution, robust code, secure access to memory, and easy modularization. It also makes the code optimized, easy to maintain, error-free, and devoid of performance bottlenecks.
Many third-party APIs are routinely used in all applications; for example, APIs to get live feed from social media, connect with remote data sources, access weather services, make secure payments using cards for online banking, and so on. Mastering these third-party APIs and integrating them with your Swift code will make your code robust and efficient.
REST is an acronym for Representational State Transfer; a REST API or a RESTful API conforms to the constraints of REST architecture. RESTful APIs allow interaction between RESTful web services. Upon receiving a client request, RESTful API transfers the client state in one of several formats via HTTP, including JSON, HTML, XLT, Python, PHP, or Plaintext.
Skuad can guide your hiring process to find the best Swift 3 developers for your company according to the software development industry needs.
Expertise Required for Swift 3 Developers
- Hard Skills
- Develop and deliver apps following client specifications
- Work with or lead a team of developers to define, design, and develop new features in existing apps
- Design and build applications for iOS and OS X using Swift 3
- Be fluent in languages such as C, C++, and Objective-C
- Have experience with Cocoa and Cocoa Touch APIs on OS X
- Be proficient in using Xcode IDE with source editor extensions
- Identify any bugs or bottleneck issues and ensure the quality of the code delivered
- Ensure the functionality of the application and test all its working aspects
- Have a good understanding of app store releases
- Have end-to-end knowledge of the application development process
- Be familiar with Continuous Integration Development
- Maintain and test Mobile SDKs in native iOS and Android and Unity framework
- Have knowledge of User Interface elements and layout
- Have knowledge of Apple’s design interface and interface guidelines
- Design functional and user-friendly applications
- Be familiar with control versioning tools, such as CVS, Git, and SVN
- Have experience with frameworks and libraries, such as Angular, AVFoundation, CloudKit, Core Animation, Core Data, Core Graphics, Core Text, Foundation, React, and Symfony
- Ensure timely delivery of tasks and accurate estimates of work effort
- Take ownership of development, design, and testing
- Deliver production-ready code
- Have a good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Provide support to the clients’ development teams
- Have the ability to work with third-party libraries and APIs
- Soft Skills
- Ability to communicate the process to other teams for knowledge transfer
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Collaborative skills to work efficiently with other developers and engineers
- Excellent analytical and creative skills
- Strong aesthetics and understanding of Apple’s interface design principles
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move up the ladder
- Ability to mentor juniors and build stronger in-house teams
- Strong consulting skills
Skuad can find, vet, and hire the best Swift 3 developers for your company. Book a demo with Skuad experts to learn more.
Experience Required to Hire Swift 3 Developers
A Swift 3 developer is responsible for the conceptualization, design, development, and maintenance of applications for the Apple ecosystem, including iOS and OS X. it includes apps developed for iPhones, iPad tablets, Macintosh computers, Apple TV, and Apple Smartwatch.
The primary focus of a Swift 3 developer is on the development of functional and user-friendly applications with proper integration with back-end services for services and data.
The ideal candidate should be a software engineer with hands-on experience in technology and must have the desire to provide leadership to the team. They must have the imagination for developing superior app architecture and services. Swift developers must be self-directed and comfortable with meeting deadlines while managing the needs of multiple stakeholders. They should be experienced in,
- Designing, testing, and building applications for different operating systems, such as iOS and OS X
- Verifying and tracking the performance of applications
- Making sure the applications pass the quality check and are responsive
- Communicating and collaborating within the development team to create, define, design, and develop new features
- Identifying and rectifying bottlenecks and bugs
- Maintaining the quality, organization, and automatization of code
Salary Structure for Swift 3 Developers
Salaries for Swift 3 developers vary according to their experience, location, and current position. It can also differ according to the number and complexity of successful projects undertaken, professional certifications achieved, and exposure to diverse technologies.
- According to market research, the starting salary for a Swift 3 developer in the USA is in the ballpark of USD 75,000 per year.
- The average salary for a mid-level Swift 3 developer is between USD 120,000 to USD 135,000 a year.
- The most experienced developers and top earners can get up to USD 165,000 a year.
To learn about managing Swift 3 developers’ payroll and salaries, partner with Skuad experts.
- Swift 3 developers are in high demand because of the growing number of Apple devices, including iPhones, iPads, Apple TV, Apple Smart Watches, and Macintosh PCs.
- Swift 3 developers need to have fluency in Objective-C because they need to interact with legacy code and libraries.
- Xcode is the preferred IDE from Apple that supports Swift 3 development and use of different frameworks, such as Cocoa or Cocoa Touch.
- A Swift 3 developer must have high standards for user-interface design and conform to Apple’s interface designing principles.
Skuad can take care of your recruitment process for hiring Swift 3 developers! Talk to our experts to learn more.
Conclusion: Why Skuad?
Skuad offers a global platform for outsourcing and recruitment services that help companies find the right fit for their requirements. Our platform automatically matches employers with employees with requisite skills, expertise, and experience in a remote setting.
When you approach Skuad to hire Swift 3 developers, you will never be disappointed as we maintain the most updated and vast talent pool. Further, Skuad acts as your local Employer of Record service to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees, from selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation. We take care of employment contracts, visas, work permits, compensation, and other benefits. Further, we offer the best services to various sectors, as follows.
- Logistics and transport
- Retail and e-commerce
To avail yourself of our expert services, book a demo with Skuad today.