Hire Terraform Developers
Introduction: About Terraform Developers
Terraform is an open-source Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) software tool created by HashiCorp, enabling users to safely and predictably create, change, and improve the infrastructure. It is commonly used for building, changing, and versioning the infrastructure efficiently. It is also used to manage custom in-house solutions and existing, popular service providers.
Terraform is a declarative coding tool that enables the developers to use a high-level configuration language known as HashiCorp Configuration Language (HCL). HCL helps to describe the desired infrastructure (either end-state cloud or on-premise infrastructures) used for running the application. Based on that, a plan is generated for reaching this end-state, and it is then executed to provide the infrastructure.
Terraform has a relatively simple syntax and it can provision infrastructure across several data centers. Every time there is a configuration change, Terraform can re-provision the infrastructure in line with the changes, making it the most in-demand infrastructure automation tool in the market. Any organization with a multi-cloud or a hybrid-cloud strategy will typically need to use Terraform for provisioning the infrastructure.
Talk to Skuad experts to know more about hiring Terraform developers for your company.
Terraform Development Technologies
Terraform is based on the underlying principle IaC. With IaC, developers can automate provisioning, delivering quicker and repeatable results by codifying the infrastructure. Terraform lies at the core of some of the key practices in Agile and DevOps environments, including version control and CI/CD pipelines.
What are the Advantages of the Infrastructure as Code Technology Used by Terraform?
The IaC technology offers the following benefits to organizations.
- It allows faster automation by ruling our manual navigation of the interface for deploying and connecting the resources.
- It provides better reliability due to appropriately provisioned and configured resources, both virtual and on-premise.
- It avoids configuration drift by eliminating the possibility of provisioned environments that do not match the actual environments.
- It ensures better optimization and testing as experimental changes can be quickly incorporated, making testing and scaling up quicker and easier.
Moreover, Terraform is an open-source tool backed by a very large and active contributor community. There are numerous plug-ins built by the community for the tool, which support all imaginable cloud service providers and platforms and make it very easy for developers to use Terraform.
Thus, Terraform is a platform-agnostic tool that is very different from most other tools backed by IaC. Similarly, Terraform offers immutable infrastructures, so every time there is a change in the environment, the configuration is completely altered and replaced with a new one. This also makes Terraform unique, as most other IaC tools do not offer this functionality.
Get in touch with Skuad experts to hire the best Terraform developers that match your organization’s needs.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Required Expertise for Terraform Developers
Terraform developers must have,
- Comprehensive experience in working with Terraform
- A working understanding of the cloud environment
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure, especially the organization’s chosen infrastructure
- Experience working with the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins
- Experience working with source code management and build tools
- Knowledge of orchestration tools, such as Ansible and Puppet
- Experience working with containerization tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of development using common programming languages like Python, YAML, JSON, etc.
- A clear understanding of information security scanning and monitoring tools
- Skills in writing effective, scalable code
- Ability to interpret system design specifications
- Experience in designing, developing, and correcting programs
Terraform developers must have,
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- The drive to grapple with future changes in programs, systems, and infrastructure
- Collaborative skills with different teams to ensure suitable provisioning of cloud infrastructure
- The ability to troubleshoot issues in provisioning and automation quickly
- The ability to manage several tasks concurrently, efficiently, and without delay
Book a demo with Skuad experts to hire the best Terraform developers in the country of your choice.
Roles and Responsibilities of Terraform Developers
Terraform developers form an indispensable part of any organization that is building and adopting a hybrid cloud or a multi-cloud approach or strategy. Terraform developers are usually well-versed in the existing infrastructure in an organization and the target cloud infrastructure, using which they can write Terraform scripts. These Terraform scripts are then used to define and provision the infrastructure.
Terraform developers’ work also involves reviewing and developing strategies for monitoring and ensuring the cloud infrastructure’s health. Terraform developers must keep in touch with the latest advancements in the cloud technologies and tools space, upgrading their knowledge and polishing their skills.
The role of Terraform developers has evolved significantly over the years. At present, they are not only major contributors to the success of an organization’s hybrid cloud and multi-cloud strategies but also indispensable parts of the information technology (IT) teams ensuring infrastructure automation.
Terraform developers with experience in performing the following activities are highly sought-after in the market by small, medium, and large organizations.
- Conducting infrastructure provisioning using Terraform
- Carrying out infrastructure automation using Terraform
- Working with Groovy
- Building and orchestrating containers using popular tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Programming using popular programming languages such as Python
- Performing Shell scripting
- Carrying out development tasks using Python, YAML, and JSON
- Working with cloud pipelines, deployment automation, and IaC technology concepts
- Performing information security scanning
- Working with information security monitoring tools
- Configuring and developing computer applications and solutions
- Using analytical functional specifications
- Interpreting system design specifications
- Designing, developing, and correcting built programs
- Functioning as a primary communication point for future system changes, updates, and reporting
- Working with cloud platforms and services, especially the one that is chosen by the organization
- Carrying out orchestration using tools such as Ansible and Puppet
- Carrying out source-code management
- Facilitating smooth and seamless communication between teams
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving, as required
- Understanding user requirements and offering sound technical solutions for these requirements
- Writing infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Working with microservices using Spring Boot and Java
- Monitoring and maintaining infrastructure security
- Deploying CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins
- Driving improvements for building and releasing scripts, tools, and processes
Skuad can guide your hiring process to find the best Terraform developers for your company according to the software development industry needs.
Salaries for Terraform developers depend on the candidate’s experience level and skills, the organization that is hiring, the position that they are hiring for, and the location of the job.
However, on average, an experienced Terraform developer makes about USD 117,000 per annum.
Book a demo with Skuad to learn more about the payroll management of Terraform developers.
Terraform Developer Certification
Terraform is the world’s leading Infrastructure as a code tool used for creating, changing, and improving the cloud infrastructure in an organization. It is also an indispensable tool for most organizations without a hybrid or multi-cloud strategy. This generates massive demand for skilled and certified Terraform developers.
A Terraform developer with the right certification stands out from the crowd. Certification significantly improves Terraform developers’ prospects of getting hired by the top organizations across the world.
HashiCorp offers an official Infrastructure Automation certification to verify and validate an individual’s infrastructure automation skills in Terraform. Any individual who specializes in operations, IT, or development with a fundamental understanding of Terraform will be able to appear for this certification exam.
Terraform Developer Certification: Advantages
- A Terraform developer certification, or an infrastructure automation certification, validates an individuals’ understanding of the enterprise features that exist and what can be achieved using the open-source Terraform bundle.
- A Terraform developer certification helps candidates to stand out before the recruiters and hiring managers as it bears testimony to their skills and knowledge.
- A Terraform developer certification makes resumes more impressive, and boosts the effectiveness of your LinkedIn profile, helping you connect with other individuals in the Terraform community.
- A Terraform developer certification can open up a lot of promising opportunities for the certification holder and is thus a relevant investment for individuals in the software development industry.
Book a demo with Skuad experts to hire highly skilled Terraform developers in the country of your choice.
Key Takeaways About Terraform Development Technologies
- Terraform is one of the world’s most popular IaC platforms.
- Terraform is completely open-source and offers a wide range of tools and plug-ins for users.
- Terraform has an active user community that provides outstanding support for users.
- Using Terraform, organizations can achieve their goals of a hybrid or a multi-cloud strategy.
- Terraform helps automate infrastructure provisioning and optimization, making processes quicker with fewer errors.
- With Terraform, testing and optimizations become simpler and faster, making infrastructure and code easy to scale.
- Terraform is platform-agnostic and can be used for all cloud platforms, on-premise infrastructure, and virtual infrastructure.
At Skuad, we can help you hire the best talent in the software development industry tailored to your requirements. Get in touch with Skuad experts to recruit Terraform developers.
Conclusion: Why Skuad?
Skuad is a unified, tech-enabled, global human resource (HR) platform that provides Employer of Record (EOP) services for your organization. Our team of experts caters to the hiring requirements of different sectors, including,
- Logistics and transport
- Retail and e-commerce
As your organization’s legal employer, Skuad can manage local and overseas employees in a hassle-free way, so you can focus on your business and meet your goals.
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced Terraform developers located anywhere in the world, ensuring that they are a perfect fit not only for your technical requirement but also for your organizational goals and vision. At Skuad, we understand your hiring requirement thoroughly before setting up the parameters to search for potential talent for the position. We don’t just match the skills to the requirement, we go the extra mile to find suitable candidates who are committed to helping you achieve your aims.
To avail yourself of our services and hire Terraform developers for your organization, book a demo with Skuad today.