Hire Test Automation Developers
Introduction: About Test Automation Developers
Test automation is an automated technique of testing that executes a test case suite. Contrary to manual testing, this method does not require any human intervention to control the test steps.
In simple words, test automation is a method that allows tests to run automatically, manage test data, and utilize results to improve the quality of the software. Test automation is a measure of quality assurance and is popular because it saves a lot of time and money for the company, owing to its high speed and higher return on investment (ROI).
The automation testing software can enter test data into the system, compare expected and actual results, and report the results obtained. The test automation tool facilitates replaying and recording the test suite. It helps reduce the number of manually run test cases. Software test automation is an expensive process and warrants the use of significant time, money, and resources.
Talk to Skuad experts to know more about hiring test automation developers for your company
Criteria for Automation Development
Not all tests can be automated. They need to meet certain criteria for test automation developers to automate them, as follows.
- Repeatable: The test should be repeatable. Automating a one-time test is of no use and will result in unnecessary costs.
- Determinant: The test should be determinant. It should have the same result every time and require the same input. A good example is mathematical operations.
- Unopinionated: The test should not involve any opinions. Anything that operates on opinions cannot be automated.
To get more insights into test automation and its tools and techniques, talk to Skuad experts!
Test Automation Process
The test automation process has three steps. They are as follows.
- Prepare: This step involves preparing the data that requires to be tested and the environment in which the test will be conducted.
- Take action: After preparing the data and the environment, the next step is to take action. Here, the test is run when the test automation developer directly runs the code. The test management system is responsible for the coordination.
- Report results: Result reporting is automatically done by the test automation software. The results can come in different formats and might create problems in the work tracking system. The system generates the result, which may be either a pass or a fail.
Skuad can guide your hiring process to find the best test automation developers for your company according to the software development industry needs.
Benefits of Test Automation Development Technology
- Speed: The speed achieved through automated testing is 70 times that of manual testing. It makes the process easier.
- Wider coverage: Automated testing covers more features of the application. It has wider coverage than manual testing.
- Reliable: The results obtained through automated testing are very reliable as they are achieved after proper testing.
- Consistency: The process of automation is repeatable. The software runs the tests repeatedly, thus ensuring consistency.
- Time- and cost-saving: Test automation is expensive but is a one-time investment. The ROI in test automation is very high. Returns are gained in the form of time and cost savings in the future.
- Accuracy: The results achieved through test automation are highly accurate.
- No human intervention: It eliminates the need for human intervention in the software testing process.
- Increases Efficiency: It helps increase the efficiency of the test process.
- Reusable test scripts: The test scripts can be reused. Test automation allows for repeated testing.
- Increased cycle of execution: Due to the high speed of testing, more tests can be conducted, or the same tests can be conducted multiple times. Automation can help increase the cycle of executing the test.
Book a demo with Skuad experts to hire the best, most skilled test automation developers in the country of your choice.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Test Automation Developer
Test automation developers are software engineers who design programs that support the automatic testing of existing or new software. They write test scripts to automate the testing process to remove human intervention.
Due to the above-mentioned benefits, companies specifically hire test automation developers. If you are looking to hire test automation developers, you should know their roles and responsibilities to find the best talent.
- Test automation developers are responsible for writing and designing scripts to support test automation. They are responsible for developing test automation software.
- They are responsible for using the specific frameworks of test automation to develop the software.
- They are responsible for determining the problems in each software. They are in charge of analyzing the results of software tests and making improvements in the software.
- They need to work together with quality assurance analysts and software developers to find solutions to the problems identified.
- They are responsible for identifying the test cases.
- They are required to implement the project or test case.
- They must apply the designs of automation.
- They are required to create and develop test plans.
- They are responsible for running, debugging, creating, and enhancing test cases.
- They are responsible for configuring STE.
- They are required to manage the changes.
- They need to participate in the Selenium environment setup.
Several industries need test automation developers. To know more and see whether your company requires test automation development technologies, connect with Skuad experts today!
Experience Required for Test Automation Developers
- The test automation development candidate should have hands-on experience working with Python and Linux.
- The candidate should know Java.
- Big data experience should be given preference.
Talk to Skuad experts to know more about hiring test automation developers for your company.
Educational Qualifications for Test Automation Developers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technology
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (specialization in computers)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer application
Skuad can take care of your hiring process for test automation developers! Talk to our experts to book a demo.
Skills Required for Test Automation Developers
While hiring a test automation developer, you should look for the following hard skills in a candidate.
- The candidate should have good skills for and approaches toward the software or the system.
- They should be able to understand the development life cycle of software.
- They should have good analytical skills to be able to analyze the test results and make required corrections.
- They should pay attention to details and have good concentration levels.
- They should be skilled in languages such as Java and C.
- They should be good at mathematics and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- They should be updated on the latest trends and advancements in the test automation development industry.
While hiring a test automation developer, you should look for the following soft skills in a candidate.
- Communication: The candidate should have good communication skills to be able to interact with the clients and gather information about the problems they are facing. They are also responsible for customer support.
- Multi-tasking: The candidate should be able to juggle various tasks simultaneously. They should be able to maintain a high level of accuracy in all those tasks. To do so, they should be particularly vigilant and pay attention to details.
- Working under pressure: They should be able to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines. They should be quick in fixing technical issues and work with a correct frame of mind in high-pressure situations.
- Problem-solving: They should have excellent problem-solving skills. They should find solutions to the problems identified in the test results.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: The candidate should be a good team player. They should be able to work effectively both individually and in a team.
- Dedication and Punctuality: The candidate should be punctual and hardworking. They should be able to meet deadlines.
Skuad’s extensive team of experts can find, vet, and select the best test automation developers for your organization from a vast pool of talent. To know more, get in touch with us.
There is no specific salary structure for a test automation developer. The salary structure can vary, depending on the location of the company and the experience and skill set of the developer. More experience yields a higher salary.
However, the average salary structure of a test automation software developer is around USD 80,000 per year.
Book a demo with Skuad to learn more about the payroll management and salaries of test automation developers.
What to Look for While Hiring a Test Automation Developer
- Knowledge of Test Automation Development: The most important thing you should look for while hiring a test automation developer is they should have the relevant educational qualifications. They should know to code and create automation software, and they must be experienced in developing test cases. Further, they should be proficient in software programming languages.
- Experience: The candidate should have experience relevant to the job role. They should have experience working on test automation software and developing them. Moreover, they should have hands-on experience in problem-solving. Adequately experienced candidates will take less time to learn and provide better results.
- Aptitude: You should test if the test automation developer has the aptitude to perform the job responsibilities along with the relevant skill sets. You should also verify if the candidate will be able to handle the job roles and responsibilities. They should express interest in the job.
- Certification: Getting certified as a test automation developer is a significant indicator of expertise, and candidates certified in programming languages and test automation software should be given preference while hiring. Certification helps assess candidates and filter out unsuitable ones.
To avail yourself of our services in hiring test automation developers, book a demo with Skuad experts today.