Hire Tomcat Developers
Introduction: About Tomcat Developers
Tomcat is an open-source servlet container for Java that implements the specifications of Java enterprise, such as website application programming interface (API), Java Servlet, and Java server pages. Tomcat, formally known as Apache Tomcat, was developed in 1998 in an open and participatory environment. It is one of the most popular Java servers because of its extensibility, durability, and proven core engine.
Unlike a simple website, a dynamic website requires a servlet that is simply a container on which the HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) server runs. The HTTP server and servlet are combined to form the Tomcat server that supports the dynamic websites. A servlet is Java-enabled software and helps extend the capabilities of an ordinary server.
Tomcat is enabled with the Coyote engine, a web server that extends the capability of Tomcat to include various Java specs. TomEE is the extended version of Tomcat, and it has more enterprise features.
Talk to Skuad experts to know more about how to hire Tomcat developers for your company.
What is Open-source Software?
Open-source software is a type of software with source code that can be inspected, modified, and enhanced by anyone. Source code is a software component that can be manipulated to make the application work differently. Programmers can add or delete features to fix the glitches in any program. The internet has been built on open-source software. Likewise, Tomcat can also be modified by any developer across the globe.
Skuad can guide your hiring process to find the best Tomcat developers for your company according to the software development industry needs.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
Why Should You Use Open-source Software?
Open-source software is more popular than proprietary software. Here are a few reasons why.
- More control: Open-source software provides you with more control. It allows you to examine the source code and change it as per your requirements. You can use the software for different purposes and not just the one for which it was developed. You can easily modify the parts of it that you do not like.
- Good for training students: Since open-source software can be accessed by anyone with the source code, it can be used for training students. It can help them become better software developers. The changes made can be shared with others, and feedback can be taken to foster skill development. Any mistakes in the original source code can be brought to notice and be corrected.
- Highly secure: Open-source software is considered safer as it can be modified by anyone. The possibility of errors and omissions is minimized. A single software can be modified by many programmers and this can help fix any errors in it without asking for any permission, which makes it more reliable and secure.
- Stability: Open-source software is often preferred for long-term and important projects. The developers of such software freely distribute the source code. The users don’t have to fear that the software will stop working in case its developers stop working on it.
- Helps build community: Open-source software helps build a community of developers and users around it. This community is a great source for getting any information about the software, as the members help each other and answer their doubts and queries.
- Reliable: Open-source software is more reliable than proprietary software as it passes through many hands and is reviewed and corrected by numerous developers across the globe. It reduces the possibility of any type of errors and omissions in the software.
Book a demo with Skuad experts to hire the best Tomcat developers in the country of your choice.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Tomcat Developer
Due to the previously mentioned benefits, people specifically look for open-source software developers, such as Tomcat developers. If you are looking to hire Tomcat developers from the best talent globally, you should know their roles and responsibilities.
- Tomcat developers are responsible for developing web tools and commands that can help automate business processes.
- They are responsible to gather the requirements of the users, change the software accordingly, and constantly work to improve it.
- They are responsible for integrating Tomcat with a monitoring platform for the data center.
- They are also responsible for working with the network engineers to create processes that are automated or initiate process automation.
- They are in charge of building automated processes to improve customer infrastructure.
- They are responsible for upgrading the existing software for the latest versions when upgrades roll in.
- They are responsible for setting up new environments for applications.
- They are responsible for performing unit testing and must support user testing.
- They are responsible for applying the latest upgraded versions of Tomcat and Java in production.
- They are responsible for providing post-implementation support to the users.
- They should modify the application code to allow using the Structured Query Language (SQL) server as a backend.
- They must provide L2/L3 support and implement the technology at the level of the operating system.
Skuad can take care of your recruitment process for hiring Tomcat developers! Talk to our experts to learn more.
Experience Required in Tomcat Development
1. Technical Experience
Tomcat developers should,
- Have experience in installing Jboss
- Have experience in configuration
- Know tuning performance
- Have experience in application server performance management
2. Professional Experience
Tomcat developers should,
- Have experience working on Java
- Have experience as open-source software developers
- Know Linux-based programming (PHP, Python, Perl)
- Have the ability to manage various responsibilities at a time
Skuad can find, vet, and hire the best Tomcat developers for your company. Book a demo with Skuad experts to learn more.
Educational Qualifications Required for Tomcat Developers
- Bachelors in computer science/ B.Tech
- B.E. in Computers
- BCA in computers
To find highly qualified Tomcat developers for your company’s software development industry needs, partner with Skuad experts.
Skills Required in Tomcat Developers
While hiring a Tomcat developer, you should look at the following integral hard skills in a candidate.
- Java: Hands-on experience using the basics of Java
- Apache Tomcat: Skills in developing Apache Tomcat
- My SQL Database: Proficiency with SQL
- Spring Boot: Skills in developing Spring Boot applications
- React JS: Proficiency n React JS and experience using it
- JBOSS administration: Knowledge of JBOSS enterprise application software
- SSL: Hands-on experience in SSL
To hire Tomcat developers, verify that your candidates have the following soft skills.
- Communication: A Tomcat developer should be able to communicate with the clients and gather information about the problems they are facing. They are also responsible for customer support.
- Multi-tasking: A Tomcat developer should be able to perform various tasks at a given point in time. They should be able to maintain a high level of accuracy, be vigilant, and pay attention to minute details.
- Working under pressure: A Tomcat developer should be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. They should be quick in fixing technical issues and work with a correct frame of mind in high-pressure situations.
To avail yourself of our expert services in hiring Tomcat developers, book a demo with Skuad today.
There is no specific salary structure for an Apache Tomcat developer. The salary structure can vary depending on the location of the company and the experience and skill set of the developer. More experience yields a higher salary. However, the average salary structure of a software developer is around USD 80,000 per year.
To learn about managing Tomcat developers’ payroll and salaries, partner with Skuad experts.
What to Look for While Hiring a Tomcat Developer
- Knowledge of Tomcat: The most important thing you should look for while hiring a Tomcat developer is the relevant educational qualifications. They should know open-source software and be experienced in developing Tomcat. They should also be proficient in the Java programming language, as Tomcat is a Java-based software.
- Experience: A Tomcat developer should have experience relevant to the job role. They should have experience working on open-source software and Java servlets and hands-on experience in handling Apache Tomcat. Adequately experienced candidates will take less time to learn and provide better results.
- Aptitude: You should test if a Tomcat developer has the aptitude to perform the job responsibilities and whether they have the relevant skill sets. Further, they should express interest in the job.
- Certification: Tomcat and Java certifications lend credibility to the candidate’s skills. While hiring a Tomcat developer, you should always look for candidates certified in Java and Tomcat and give them preference. It will not only help assess the candidates but also filter out unsuitable ones.
Skuad’s bespoke solutions can take over the selection process in hiring Tomcat developers for you. To learn more, book a demo with us.
Conclusion: Why Skuad?
- Tomcat is an open-source servlet container for Java that implements the specifications of a Java enterprise.
- Open-source software is a type of software with source code that can be inspected, modified, and enhanced by anyone.
- Open-source software provides more control, stability, training, security, community support, and reliability.
- Tomcat developers are responsible to constantly upgrade the versions of Java and Tomcat and also provide customer support.
- Tomcat developers should have hands-on experience in developing Java and Apache Tomcat.
- Tomcat developers should have a bachelor of science, engineering, or application degree in computers.
- Companies should look for Tomcat knowledge, experience, aptitude, and certification while hiring.
Skuad is an integrated, global human resource (HR) platform that helps you create and manage remote teams by hiring talent from across 150 countries. Now, you don’t need to go through the hassle of maintaining payrolls of employees, contracts, compliances, and benefits.
As an Employer of Record (EOR) service, we can act as your company’s legal employer in the country of your choice and take care of all your hiring needs, including those for Tomcat developers, for you.
To avail yourself of our expert services, book a demo with Skuad today.