Hire VHDL Developers
VHDL stands for “VHSIC Hardware Description Language.” Further, VHSIC is an abbreviation for “Very High-Speed Integrated Circuit.” VHDL is a general-purpose programming language designed to build electronic circuit design. VHDL serves to model the behavior and structure of digital systems. It describes the behavior of electronic circuits, and it is a dataflow language.
VHDL is becoming increasingly popular these days. A VHDL developer is a person who uses this language to describe the circuits for implementation in Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs). ASICs are usually used to control how an electronic device functions. They are utilized everywhere, from cell phones and digital watches to satellites.
VHDL is used to write logic circuits and text models. Many established companies such as Intel and Qualcomm use VHDL in their electronic devices and circuits.
System-level VHDL is the partitioning of a big design into small pieces. For example, if you are going to design a processor, you need to split it into segments, including many small designs, arithmetic logic units (ALUs), control units (CUs), memory, and data paths.
Talk to Skuad experts to know more about hiring VHDL developers for your company.
Applications of VHDL
VHDL has several important applications.
- It has a flexible design structure.
- Its implementations are very detailed.
- It provides various design methodologies.
- It is a strongly typed language.
- It provides technology independence.
- It is compatible with almost all computer-aided design (CAD) tools.
- It increases productivity.
- It supports hybrid modeling.
Skuad can take care of your hiring process for VHDL developers! Talk to our experts to learn more.
Technical Knowledge Requirements for VHDL Developers
The following technical skills and knowledge are crucial for VHDL developers.
C is a general-purpose programming language used in a computer. It was developed by Dennis Ritchie and Bell Laboratories. It was originally launched for the Unix system. However, it has been adapted to Windows as well. It is widely used in embedded systems and operating system (OS) implementations. C can also be used for website programming. The reference implementations of Python and Pearl are written using C. Furthermore, it is used in implementing end-user applications. C has been used to develop Linux OS, the foundation of Windows.
C++ is an extension of C. It is a general-purpose programming language. It uses most of the classes of C. C++ was designed by Bjarne Stroustrup. Programmers can write the code fast and portably in C++. It is commonly used for heavy software such as games and photo and video editing apps. C++ has been used in many graphical user interface-based (GUI-based) applications. Most operating systems, such as Windows and Unix, and popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, use C++ as their programming language.
Java was the former official language for developing Android’s mobile applications. Java was developed by Oracle corporation. The language is object-oriented and enables the creation of apps that are flexible, standardized, and extensible.
Java offers the best documentation, community support, and varied open-source libraries that are accessible for users. Some developers prefer to work on this platform as it is more precise with no scope for ambiguity.
Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) is an integrated circuit. It was developed using a Hardware Description Language (HDL). FPGA has long-term availability. It has many real-time applications. The systems developed using FPGA work fast and are highly efficient. They are usually used for prototyping ASICs. They are programmable at any time. The most popular company to use FPGA is Microsoft; it uses FPGA in the Bing search feature.
Although Python is not a core skill to have, familiarity with the programming language can be useful. Python develops scalable web and mobile apps, and it was made by the Python Software Foundation. This language is fast, easy to use, easy to deploy, and offers dynamic binding and typing options, making it an attractive language for Android app development.
6. Embedded C
Embedded C is an extension of C. It is used to support microprocessors and microcontrollers. It was developed by the C Standards Committee. It uses most of the syntax and semantics of C programs. C is used for desktop computers, whereas embedded C is used for microcontroller applications. It is an easy language and does not require hardware change since it performs the same task all the time. Embedded C is highly stable, cost-efficient, and reliable.
When you want to hire a VHDL developer, you need to ensure that the ideal candidate possesses all the above-mentioned skills. The prospective candidate should understand Java’s latest implementations and how they can be used for the development process.
It is good to remember that if your prospective candidate does not have experience with every technical skill enumerated above, their attitude makes a difference too. The right candidate should be a quick learner and a team player who is willing to grow and learn with your organization.
To find the VHDL developers who best fit your organization’s goals and requirements, partner with Skuad experts today.
Skills Required in VHDL Developers
A candidate applying to your firm as a VHDL developer should,
- Develop high-performance FPGA computing systems
- Maintain and test high-performance FPGAs
- Design behavioral VHDL and Java models
- Design VHDL and Java to interface between FPGAs and I/O devices
- Create VHDL, Java, and C examples and test them to find the results
- Be familiar with leading-edge high-speed analog and digital interfaces
- Be familiar with a variety of hardware platforms, including Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCI Express), VME, and VPX
- Develop FPGA interfaces to static and dynamic random-access memory (SRAM/DRAM), Multi-Gigabit Transceivers (MGTs), and ADCs/DACs
- Develop applications showcasing features of FPGA platforms to work with customers
- Know the digital logic cores and be able to create digital logic cores using Java or any other programming language
- Create and maintain the documentation for the interfaces and the applications that are developed
- Contribute to continuously improving the quality of the products that developed
- Create and develop reliable products
- Have a bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering.
- Be proficient in VHDL, Java, and C
- Have experience in VHDL and hardware design
- Possess knowledge of Xilinx FPGAs, Altera FPGAs, EDA design tools, and architectures
A VHDL developer should,
- Be strongly motivated, dedicated, organized, innovative, and tenacious
- Be able to work autonomously and solve problems creatively
- Be able to manage and juggle several technical responsibilities simultaneously
- Have good leadership skills
- Have excellent managerial skills
- Creatively build new features and help in your company’s long-term success.
- Be self-driven to improve their skills continuously
- Perform code reviews periodically
- Have good communication skills and no language barrier
- Work together in close collaboration with teammates and other departments
- Be flexible and adaptable to various workplace requirements
- Be aligned with the company’s core ethics and abide by the organizational rules and regulations
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
Book a demo with Skuad experts to hire the best VHDL developers in the country of your choice.
A VHDL developer’s salary is determined by the individual’s job title, location, and experience. Salary is determined by an individual’s job title, location, and experience.
Note : The values of the salaries are approximate. They keep varying.
INR 20,000 or USD 250
INR 45,000 or USD 600
INR 1,50,000 or USD 2,000
Salary Expert: Talk to Skuad Experts to know more about the salary range
Conclusion: Why Skuad?
Skuad is a global human resource (HR) platform with a presence in more than 150 countries. We have an integrated, unified, tech-enriched HR platform that allows you to recruit, hire, onboard, pay, and manage employees’ termination, probation, taxation, visas, and work permits.
We cater to the following industries.
- Logistics and transport
- Retail and e-commerce
As an Employer of Record (EOR) service for your organization, we manage the day-to-day operations related to your employees. Our careful vetting process allows you to hire the best talent globally. Book a demo with us today to begin hiring VHDL developers for your company!