Hire Web Service Developers
The need for web services has not been hidden from anyone today. Tech giants have set a benchmark by precisely addressing the need for web and application development. When we talk about web services, there is no way we can forget to associate them with Google Web Services and Google Cloud Platform. A web service is a software system that enables interoperability machine-to-machine communication via the internet. It has a machine-processing interface defined in a machine-readable format.
Despite the new technological advancements being made using artificial intelligence and machine learning, web service development, testing, and processes are still constituted as complex means. As the web service processes depend on operating systems for managing the applications, even a minute variance in these processes can result in complicated workflow while moving the data to a cloud or between servers. This can result in a wrench in your technical environment and application integration approach.
Thus, to handle such complex operations, the need to hire web service developers takes place. As with their in-depth knowledge of handling data, problem-solving mechanisms, analyzing, developing, coding, etc., system integration and web services can be handled accurately. A web service is a method for two machines to communicate via the internet.
A computer's web server waits for requests from other computers. The web service returns the required resources when it receives a request from another machine via a network. Any program, application, or cloud technology that uses standardized web protocols such as HTTP or HTTPS in order to interact, interoperate, and exchange data messages, generally XML across the internet, is considered a web service.
Web services have the advantage of allowing programs built in different languages to connect with one another by transferring data over a web service between clients and servers. A client invokes a web service by submitting an XML request, which the service responds to with an XML response. When we talk about company operations, web services have significant leverage.
By reducing development time, the technology aids IT professionals and web builders in streamlining connections. As a result, corporate leaders are beginning to see a greater return on investment (ROI). Web services enable effective technology distribution over a complete network in a B2B business where both parties understand how the process works.
Web Service Protocol - Hands-On Experience
Simple Object Access Protocol
Simple Object Access Protocol or SOAP is an online service protocol that transmits structured data using XML and, more often, HTTP and SMTP. A web service description model is also sent through SOAP using Web Services Description Language documents. This specifies the appearance of SOAP requests (client-side) and reverts (server-side). In addition, SOAP web services include security and addressing requirements. Created to give programs an open, extensible means to interact via the Internet and transfer data and instructions to one another, independent of the operating system or language they use.
SOA is a design pattern for creating software applications that make use of services offered through a network, such as the internet. It encourages software components to be loosely coupled so that they may be reused. SOA applications are made up of services. A service is a software implementation of a well-defined business function that may be used by customers in a variety of applications or business processes.
Web Service Description Language
With the help of Web Service Description Language or WSDL interface for any web service is described. It shows how the application you are running calls the present web service for action. It describes the web service interface, where and how services respond to a particular network address. The Web Services Description Language (WSDL) is an XML-based standard for exchanging data in decentralized and distributed settings. The WSDL defines how to use web services and what activities it will execute. The WSDL is a language for defining how to interact with XML-based services.
Web service developers are required in various industries, from the development of web-based applications to the designing of templates. Today, websites and mobile applications have become an essential part of business growth. Whether it is a corporate sector or government facility, all are looking for web service developers to design, build, and maintain their websites and applications. The various industries that are in need of web service developers are:
- IT Companies
- Government Organization
- Fashion Industry
- Advocate Firms
- SaaS Businesses
Job Responsibilities - Hiring a Web Service Developer
The responsibility of a web service developer is to look for developing, coding, and changing websites. They strive to build aesthetically appealing web pages with simple navigation and user-friendly design.
Let’s look for top programming languages that a web service developer needs to have hands-on experience in.
1. Java Script
Django is a popular Python framework that uses the MVC design architecture. Because of its simplicity, it makes the app creation process easier. It's built by professional developers to take care of a lot of the headaches of web development so you can concentrate on building your app instead of reinventing the wheel.
Python is undoubtedly the most user-friendly programming language considered by tech giants. Despite being the easiest, its requirement is primary in many sectors. Python's syntax is claimed to be simple, intuitive, and nearly English-like, making it a popular choice for novices, similar to Java.
C# is a general-purpose, object-oriented programming language based on the C programming language. C# was created by Microsoft as part of its .NET framework for developing Windows programs, and it has a syntax that is comparable with other C-derived languages such as C++. C# is the recommended language for creating 3D and 2D video games with the Unity game engine, which is responsible for one-third of all top-selling titles.
Ruby is yet another popular programming language for web development. Ruby on Rails is a server-side internet platform that simplifies and accelerates app development. The reusability of the code as well as several other unique features are what really set this framework apart. They will help you get the task done in no time.
Angular is another web-based language that is considered as the requirement for web services development. This is a new web technology that was created particularly for building dynamic web apps. You may simply develop front-end-based apps with this framework without having to utilize any other frameworks or plugins. This web-based language is an HTML platform written in TypeScript, which was designed to create single-page client-based applications.
Responsibility – Hard Skills
- Analyzing, designing and developing, and implementing codes for Web and Rich Internet Applications in various programming languages.
- Understanding and experience in system integration, scripting, coding, test planning, and troubleshooting.
- Evaluates the functionality and health of software programs and databases.
- Ability in developing, maintaining, and engaging with business units, clients, and customers as well as the team experts.
- Stays informed about project direction, architectural and technical advancements, manifests risks, and handles functional as well as integration concerns.
- Creates specifications to develop programs and change existing programs and prepares test data, and creates functional documents.
- Ensures that projects and initiatives are completed on schedule, records progress, and reports to management.
- Ensures that production or manufacturing faults are analyzed, minimized, and remedied as soon as possible.
- To figure solutions, collaborates with other members of the mobile team, as well as the Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams.
- Strong knowledge of server operating systems (UNIX/Linux, Windows) as well as expertise in writing, modifying, and running OS-level programs/scripts.
- Handles projects autonomously and successfully in a difficult and cross-platform environment.
Requirement – Soft Skills
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or IT.
- Collects and comprehends requirements with systems analysts.
- Transforms the software skills into IT functional requirements and technical solution architectural blueprints.
- Develops customer implementation architectures that are compliant with industry best practices for using Informatica Cloud Application and Data Integration.
- Implements chargeable project assignments in both strategic initiatives and customer escalations to ensure customer and sales execution success rates.
- Experience transitioning web services from SOAP to REST or vice versa.
- Knowledge of security frameworks.
- Apigee API layer experience, including security, throttling, custom analytics, caching, requests, and response changes.
- Expertise in database handling.
- Working knowledge of Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile frameworks.
- Jira, Git/SVN, and Jenkins knowledge.
A web service developer’s job is considered one of the highest paying jobs in several countries. The average salary of a web service developer ranges from USD 56,000 to 120,000 per year. Though it varies based on the expertise and hands-on knowledge of programming languages and application frameworks.
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!