Hire WebGL Developers
WebGL stands for Web Graphics Library. WebGL is a programming interface used in Java Script to create 2-D and 3-D objects and graphics on the web browser without using any plug-ins. WebGL plays an especially important role in how we interact with our web browsers. Ever wondered how a game runs on a web browser? It was possible because of WebGL. Since WebGL is closely related to OpenGL ES 2.0, it utilizes HTML5 elements and thus creates an API that produces 2-D and 3-D graphics on our web browsers.
Traditionally, it was impossible to create 2-D and 3-D objects and graphics without the use of plug-ins. Also, with so many plug-ins available, it was very difficult to get the right plug-in for a project. Even if a programmer could get the right plug-in, there were many security issues that he had to deal with. This compromised the credibility of the system. Luckily, with the introduction of WebGL, the whole idea of rendering 2-D and 3-D graphics on the web browser not only became easier as it did not involve any plug-ins, which meant that there were no more security issues. There has been a huge upsurge in the usage of web browsers in current times, and IT companies have been trying to improve users’ interface by using WebGL. That has led to an increase in the demand for WebGL developers, so today, many big companies are looking to hire WebGL developers.
Learn more about WebGL
As pointed out earlier, WebGL is an interface used by programmers to produce graphics in two-dimension and three-dimension in a web browser. The introduction of WebGL has certainly led to a 360-degree change in how programmers used to render graphics and how users used to experience web browsers.
Important features of WebGL
- WebGL conforms to OpenGL ES 2.0. This enables WebGL to deliver rendering graphics from big machines like computers and laptops to smaller devices like mobile phones. WebGL is available for browsers like Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox for mobile, Firefox OS, Google Chrome for Android Devices, Opera Mobile, iOS etc.
- WebGL has the ability to use HTML5 elements with normal HTML elements. So, it can combine the 3D graphics with other elements of the webpage seamlessly.
- WebGL has been created for dynamic web browsers that can lead to a full 3D experience.
- The cross-platform nature of WebGL makes it compatible with all operating systems and for a range of devices – from desktops, tablets to mobile phones.
- WebGL is consistent which means that WebGL developed for one browser will be compatible with another browser.
- Most importantly, like most other web specifications, WebGL is also free to use. There is no hidden cost whatsoever.
Roles and responsibilities of WebGL developers
Developing WebGL is not a simple task and only experienced WebGL developers can fulfil that. The process involves a lot of steps and several complex concepts. With a rise in gaming sites and consumer retail apps, the demand for WebGL developers has increased. This has also intensified the competition between companies to produce the most phenomenal 3D experience for the customers. Increased customers are pushing these WebGL developers to improve what they have been doing. Some of the most important roles and responsibilities of WebGL developers are as follows
- A WebGL developer should create canvas elements and matrices that are required to deal with WebGL.
- A WebGL must have a strong background in various operating systems, browsers, and plug-ins.
- A WebGL developer must have the knowledge to handle troubleshooting problems.
- A WebGL developer must know how to handle and create APIs, stable software, and app architecture.
- A WebGL developer must be familiar with GL Shader language, game engines, and any WebGL based framework.
- A WebGL developer should be able to cooperate with other software architects and engineers in a company.3
Skuad can help you hire certified and experienced WebGL Developers from all over the world based on your hiring requirements, be it freelance, full-time, or contract.
The salary of a WebGL developer varies from one company to another. New start-ups and part-time WebGL developing jobs do not pay as much as big companies with full-time jobs. According to Glassdoor, some companies offer salaries ranging between US $50,000 and US $ 103,000 to WebGL Developers. In the UK, the average annual salary of a WebGL Developer in 2019 was US $ 79,600 (£57,500). There was an approximately 30% increase in the average annual salary of a WebGL developer in the UK in 2019 from 2018. According to Glassdoor, in India, the average annual salary for a WebGL developer ranges between US $ 12,900 to US $ 24,150 (Rs. 9,60,000 to Rs. 18,00,000).
Freelancing and Contractual basis work
Many companies hire WebGL developers on a contractual basis or as freelancers. That is because most of these companies require a WebGL developer for a short period of particular projects. Working on a contractual basis allows a WebGL specialist to apply to multiple companies and work full-time as a freelancer. You can choose attractive rates for your service and put up your portfolio/CV/resume on a freelancing website. There are innumerable freelancing websites that are looking for qualified WebGL developers. If you have the skills of a WebGL developer, you can sign up on these websites and make a decent amount of money.
From small companies to big ones, all want to hire qualified, experienced, and certified WebGL developers. From being used in desktop browsers like Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge to mobile browsers and software like Firefox for mobile, Firefox OS, Google Chrome for Android Devices, Opera Mobile, and iOS, WebGL has become one of the most common programming interfaces. It is, therefore, common to find many programmers with WebGL knowledge. What will make you stand out of the crowd is a WebGL certification from a recognized platform that will make you a certified and qualified WebGL developer. With this certification, you will learn all the processes used to create 2D and 3D graphics in web browsers and apps. There is no dearth of platforms where proper WebGL certification is being offered. You just have to choose the best one. Hurry up and get your WebGL certification today!
We at Skuad cater to various sectors — Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.
Talk to Skuad experts today!