WinForms is a UI framework commonly used for developing Windows desktop apps. This software tool offers an efficient way to build desktop apps using the visual designer available in Visual Studio.
Visual Studio is a development environment for building smart-client-based apps with rich, interactive user interfaces. In Visual Studio, it is easy to create an app that can show the information, get input from users to access it, and allows communication with remote computers over a network. The easy drag and drop functionality of visual controls helps to create desktop apps much more easily.
Windows Forms is a set of managed libraries that helps app developing agencies develop graphically rich apps that allow the clients to work while connected to the internet or offline. The apps developed using UI technology Windows Forms are easy to deploy, update, and easily access the app's local hardware and computer file system.
Best Practices for Building Windows Forms
While developing applications using Windows Forms, the developers follow some of these effective practices:
- Extending the Windows Forms classes using inheritance to build an application framework that offers abstraction and code reusability.
- Breaking the Forms into small parts packaged in assemblies that can be easily managed by an automatic update.
- Designing a stateless application that provides more flexibility and scalability for maintenance and debugging.
- Designing Windows Forms applications by requesting permission and handling the security exceptions wherever required.
The Windows Forms are accessible and contain many controls that showcase text boxes, drop-down boxes, buttons, radio buttons, and web pages. Moreover, WinForms also supports customization of controls using the UserControl class if existing controls do not meet the requirements. Some of the UI controls have high-end features replicating the Microsoft Office features. It is easy to play with all the easy-to-use and highly professional features of Windows Forms if the developer has the expertise.
WinForms is widely seen as an important framework in developing many desktop-based apps, so it is imperative to hire a professional WinForm developer in any organization.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, theTalk to an Expert
hassle-free way with
- Strong command of the C# programming language, with fair knowledge of the language specification WinForms in C#.
- Working understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOPS).
- Capable of utilizing established development tools, guidelines, and conventions for the above skill set.
- Capable of designing, coding, and testing new Web Software applications.
- Must be capable of maintaining existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects and enhancing functionalities.
- Must be proficient in creating technical specifications and test plans.
- Experience in preparing action plans and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Capable of developing skills in new technologies.
- Should be passionate about being a part of a small, experienced, and energetic team working on a fast-paced, agile development schedule.
- Thorough understanding of MVC, Entity Framework, and SOAP/REST API for cross-platform integration.
- Extensive knowledge of Entity Framework and OOP standards.
- Proficient in both Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle for application development requirements.
- Experience in a variety of design and architectural patterns.
- Strong knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN.
- Efficiently write technical specifications and module-specific documents.
- Understand the issue and solve it according to the client’s feedback.
- Pay attention to client demos/S&T to understand the complete project.
- Passionate about working on multiple WinForms or.NET projects.
- Actively work on knowledge sharing through presentations, training sessions, and team discussions.
- Proficient in attending to customers and answering their queries through emails, documentation, or meetings.
- Capable of preparing engineering documentation and then delivering it to QA.
- Capable of formulating delivery estimates and finalizing the plan to meet the deadlines.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written, to efficiently describe the technical things in the meetings, emails, and documentation.
- Understand how to implement Enterprise Application Architecture patterns, MVVM, antipatterns, IoC / DI, MVC, and GoF Design Patterns.
- Experience in frontend technologies like ReactJS/Vue/Angular.
- Familiar with MySQL, PostgresSQL and should be capable of writing queries, stored procedures, functions, triggers, views.
- A deep understanding of Azure and VB6 is preferable.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies, such as SPRINT planning discussions and Daily SCRUM.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
The job responsibilities of a WinForms developer are not limited to any one category. The developer has to be involved in multiple activities at different levels. Individual and group efforts are imperative to create software applications.
High performance, domain knowledge, and the ability to work in a team are required at the junior levels. Many additional skills are required at higher levels to be a strong team leader or manager. Some of the leading job responsibilities include:
- Work as part of a dynamic team adhering to high standards and providing excellent service.
- Work very closely with the product, architect, DevOps, BI, business, and automation teams to resolve difficult problems and come up with creative solutions.
- Lead API, mechanism, and abstraction design and decision-making.
- Taking full responsibility for features from conception to delivery.
- Create new features that will have a direct impact on the future of the final product.
- Improve skills, learn from and mentor top-tier engineers, and add to the team's diversity.
- Conduct code reviews, assess implementations and offer feedback.
- Monitor and resolve challenges with developing processes on a daily basis.
These are some of the essential skills you can consider while hiring a professional WinForms developer. However, it is not easy to find the right candidate with all the above-mentioned skills. Sometimes, a candidate's expected salary doesn’t fit in the budget, and other times you may fail to reach the right candidate.
If you are facing difficulty in hiring a WinForms developer, you can get in touch with Skuad. We can connect you with the best and most talented developers on a contract, full-time, or freelancing basis, depending on your needs.
How Long May It Take to Learn Winforms?
WinForms library is frequently used to create applications with intuitive user interfaces. Today's developers are expected to be well-versed in all aspects of application development. Organizations these days prefer developers who can introduce new functionalities into the application over those who stick to traditional approaches. When an organization posts an open position for professionals with WinForms experience, learning the most recent Windows Forms training course helps seize the opportunity.
Many certification courses are available to learn WinForms and become experts. The amount of time it takes to learn new technology depends on the familiarity with the .Net programming language. A lot of hands-on practice is important to master this, which could take up to three months. Also, the number of hours devoted to Windows Forms daily may determine how long a professional takes to learn it.
In the Windows Forms certification courses, professionals can excel in some of the following skills:
- Proficiently develop the understanding of Windows and the user interface using WinForms, as well as how to handle errors in order to successfully implement it.
- Work on various types of errors that usually appear while working at the production level.
- Understand other enhancements the library makes to the application and what precautions must be taken to prevent errors from occurring.
- Learn about the WinForms components that aid in the development of GUI-rich applications.
- Learn how custom controls are used to improve the application's user interface.
- Hands-on experience on a live project to implement all the knowledge gained so far.
A WinForms developer's salary is not fixed and varies depending on the position. It ranges from USD 45,000 to USD 95,000 per year, according to market research. However, there are many factors that can affect this range. An individual's salary is evaluated by their job title, location, and experience.
The pandemic has made remote working an alternative for running businesses. Many organizations have already decided to opt to work from the home culture even after the pandemic. However, it is only possible if you have an efficient workforce.
As is common these days, companies prefer to hire overseas employees due to multiple factors. Now that remote working has become a norm, why not hire overseas employees working at cheaper rates with better skills?
Contact a professional team to find an experienced and highly professional WinForms developer for your company. Skuad is the right place for you. We work for a variety of industries, including edutech, fintech, healthcare, logistics & transportation, retail & eCommerce, travel, banking, media, and more. In addition, we act as local HR to manage the day-to-day operations associated with overseas employees, from hiring to onboarding, invoicing, compliance, and taxation.
Talk to Skuad experts today!