Hire a WooCommerce Developer
Online sales are growing impressively as more consumers resort to online shopping than shopping at the traditional retailing venues. As a result, the Web is the common choice of shopping for the average consumer in the present. The available tools now enable eCommerce operators to create engaging, dynamic websites so that the business can adapt quickly to the Web model and make the changes required to become popular on the Web and expand their stores in other locations. In addition, an online presence gives a competitive edge to businesses.
WordPress and Ecommerce
From putting in a lot of time and effort to building an eCommerce site from scratch, eCommerce solutions have evolved to complete packaged solutions that get the user running in a matter of minutes. WordPress is a popular platform used to create standard websites and powerful eCommerce sites with the plugins available. It is free, easy to modify and update. As it is open-source, it has limitless functionality to offer. The platform showcases several features to assist with organizing and displaying your merchandise. It also comes with several widgets that help you graphically arrange your site's look and feel.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
WooCommerce - A WordPress Plugin
In the past, building an eCommerce website was a difficult task. It was difficult to host the website by yourself with the help of complex software, and if you had to make a change, you had to ensure that nothing broke in the website. WordPress is an open-source content management platform that makes the job easy for you. It lets you host blogs and content yourself with ease and is the most popular open-source hosting software used across the Web.
WooCommerce, released in September 2011, can be installed as a plugin into your WordPress site, instantly converting it into an online store. Loaded with 300 official extensions, free plugins, and themes to customize your store, you can create a unique browsing experience for your customers all by yourself. In 2015, there were nearly 400,000 sites that ran WooCommerce, around 18% of all the eCommerce sites faring well above its competitors. WooCommerce is built on top of the WooThemes brand, which builds commercial themes and plugins for WordPress. As a result, it is now easy to swap your existing eCommerce software with WooCommerce, being backed by one of the best brands in the WordPress space.
Why Choose WooCommerce?
WooCommerce accounts for a big portion of self-hosted eCommerce websites worldwide. The plugin has been downloaded over 47 million times by users on more than 4 million WordPress sites. Not only for retail businesses, but WooCommerce is also used for other categories of businesses like entertainment, health, technology, social, and education. Some of the established businesses that use WooCommerce are:
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not
- Alder Creek
- Printing New York
- World Vision
The vast features for a product custom post type, the ability to browse products, search through products, purchase multiple products at once, support shipping address and price calculations, and custom tax rules make WooCommerce the favorite among site owners.
WooCommerce is available for free download in the WordPress.org repository. It has all options to define products and accept payments. In addition, it has free and paid extensions to customize the core plugin features, integrate with third-party marketing and shipping services, improve store management and introduce new product types in the store. The most popular extensions are the WooCommerce Subscriptions and WooCommerce Memberships. While WooCommerce Subscriptions lets you collect recurring payments, WooCommerce Memberships allows you to collect recurring payments and restrict content for different membership levels.
Choosing the right eCommerce platform depends on how easily and efficiently you can add and manage your inventory. WooCommerce gives you complete control over your product catalog. You can add your products, group them and present them with rich descriptive elements. Once the customer is ready to make a purchase, it lets you collect the billing and shipping details of the customer before transferring the order data to the appropriate payment gateway. With necessary payment gateway setups, currency, shipping, and tax setup already done, the order goes through the secure payment setup without hassles. In addition, WooCommerce helps to maintain purchase logs, generate and download sales reports when required.
WooCommerce also comes with many action and filter hooks that can be customized to mimic how the plugin works on your site. For example, you can use plugins to set a sitewide sale for your store. As you can integrate WooCommerce with many systems, there are many POS options to choose from.
In comparison to the other famous eCommerce solution Shopify which is a fully hosted eCommerce platform, WooCommerce is a self-hosted eCommerce platform.
Customizing your Websites for Ecommerce with WooCommerce
You have to just install a simple WooCommerce plugin to add eCommerce functionality to your existing WordPress sites. You can also customize WooCommerce with code for more options and without affecting your current site. WordPress has an infrastructure that allows the WordPress site to install the WooCommerce plugin, a secure process managed by Wordpress.org.
To set up an eCommerce store on this platform, you will require a domain name, a web server, WordPress installation, and an SSL certificate. You can configure the following modules in WooCommerce:
- Product Reviews
- Privacy and Notification Settings
After your site is active, you can use the tracking analysis and SEO tools, coupled with the integration of more than 300 additional applications, to create a more customized and complete solution than Shopify.
For anyone looking to set up an online store quickly, WooCommerce is an excellent choice with many features and benefits. Here are a few features of WooCommerce that make it the popular choice of an eCommerce solution for entrepreneurs and organizations.
- Built on the famous WordPress content management system
- No costs involved in setup or monthly usage
- Offers 30-day money-back guarantee if the buyer is not satisfied
- Enables safe and secure payments for the customers with robust security features for safe purchases
- Allows owners to easily sell physical or digital products or both from the same store
- Enables multiple payment gateways with extensions like:
A. Amazon Payments
- Facilitates cash on delivery payments and accepting Bankers Automated Clearing Service and international transactions for global presence of the businesses
- Enables listing out unlimited inventory for online sales
- Hosts in-person meetups for users to share, discover and collaborate new ideas and features for their online stores
- Offers a wide array of other products to extend the functionality of an online store like Storefront, Sensei, and Sensei Extension
- Helps you to set your currency and taxes for your products
- Helps in tracking the status of your orders
- Works on all devices, including smartphones
Requirements - hard skills
- Excellent knowledge of WooCommerce and WordPress
- Excellent working knowledge of connecting applications through the use of APIs
- Familiarity with various commonplace and proven plugins such as Advanced Custom Fields, Gravity Forms, The Events Calendar, and more
- Familiar with UX/UI best practices and front-end development and design
- Thorough understanding of custom post types and taxonomies
- Working knowledge of basic PHP and MySQL
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS
- An understanding of front-end optimization techniques for performance
- A knowledge of programming security best practices
- Ability to work with complex sets of data and perform data migrations using both import tools and the WooCommerce API
- Experience with creating custom WordPress plugins
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
The advantage with WooCommerce is that you don’t require smart coding skills to get the job done. People familiar with the WordPress platform can start using WooCommerce to build up online stores on existing WordPress sites.
- Programming, developing, website coding, and producing data-driven web applications, websites using WordPress and WooCommerce
- Create back-end code and interfaces for new web platforms
- Analyze user needs to implement website content, graphics, performance, and capacity
- Create layouts, theme, and promotions
- Design Marketing Ads
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and project managers on client projects
- Integrate websites with other computer applications
- Keep up on the latest trends and best practices in web development
WooCommerce, though not more familiar, has already gained its popularity among the most sought-after eCommerce solutions. As it is an open-source, do-it-yourself solution for creating online stores on WordPress-hosted websites, there is a growing demand for the use of WooCommerce in the Web world.
At Skuad, we help you in identifying potential talent for your WooCommerce jobs.
The salary range of WooCommerce developers for different levels is listed below.
We cater to various sectors - Edutech, Fintech, Healthcare, Logistics & Transport, Retail & eCommerce, Travel, Banking, Media, and more. From selecting to onboarding, invoicing, compliances, and taxation, we act as your local HR to manage the day-to-day operations related to your overseas employees.