Hire an XSLT Developer
Hiring and getting hired are both complex processes. While an employer's task is to find the right person to do a job, an employee's job is to be that person. Whatever the kind of job, it is not always enough for a candidate to be technically sound. A perfect combination of technical as well as soft skills is what matters in differentiating one from the herd.
XSLT, developed by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), transforms one type of XML into another type of XML. The XML is then transformed again to the desired output. XSLT does not change the source XML file, rather, it generates a different output.
XSLT is a Turing Complete language; it can perform any arbitrary calculations. XSLT 1.0 is highly used in modern websites. A new XSLT 3.0 came to market a few years back and has since become exceedingly popular.
XSLT is descriptively known as Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations. It is responsible for the transformation of the XML document into other relevant forms.
The first step to learning XSLT is to know what a stylesheet is. Stylesheets are the basic design layout.
The XML file is Markup Language that applies a set of rules to encode both machine and human-readable documents.
Let us chalk out what an XSLT is capable of and where it fails.
- It is highly capable of solving numerical transformations. It is efficient in low-level transformations that are otherwise considered challenging.
- Manipulation of a date and time is another feature of XSLT because time is the most crucial resource of all.
- XSLT can perfectly perform XML transformations.
- In graphics programming, when SVG (Supported Vector Graphics) is the subject to transform, XSLT has an upper hand. It can transform raw data into charts, plots, and other relevant graphical components. It is also capable of transforming XML to a hierarchical tree diagram.
- XSLT is highly efficient in forming generation code for C++ and Java automation.
- XSLT is also a query language and effortlessly used in testing and debugging.
- XSLT can generate UML via XML.
- XSLT is well-diversified but, it gets stuck in String Manipulation as it was not created for string manipulation. So, it is incapable of handling strings.
- XSLT is more than just a transformation Language. A developer who is good with C++ STL libraries, generic programming, and Object-oriented Methodologies can manipulate the templates. With the help of a global variable, XSLT can generate a stylesheet. This functionality gets inherited by FSTL as it is not generic to XSLT.
Using XSLT has several advantages over its contemporaries. Let us briefly understand the prime difference between XSLT with conventional programming languages. A code snippet to manipulate XML data can be of nearly 80 lines through Java API, Document Object Model (DOM). On the other hand, the same work through the XSLT snippet takes merely six lines of code. This massive transformation in terms of code complexity and verbosity is a fundamental advantage of XSLT.
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
Working of XSLT
To work with XSLT we first need an XML file that has information on how the page will work.
This XML file does not contain any styling effects. These effects will be given through a stylesheet.
Separating the style in a stylesheet and document gives us independence of the device. The styling information in a separate stylesheet allows us to display the same data in print, computer, or a large screen.
Once we are done with the XML and stylesheet, we are ready to render. In the rendering process, the XML file produces Formatting Objects and the stylesheet. The XSL-FO vocabulary supports a wide variety of media: screen, paper, or even voice.
And we are done!
XSLT does not directly operate on an XML. It uses an XSLT PROCESSOR that generates a tree structure. The XSLT operates on that tree and gives the output. The illustrations below describe the procedure for better understanding.
- XML, XSD
- XSLT, XQuery
- Web Technologies (HTML, CSS, or any relevant framework)
- Design Patterns (OOD)
- Graphics transformation
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Leadership Skills
- Positive learning approach
- Knowledge management
- Maintaining work ethic
- Capable of working with a team
An XSLT developer must be thorough with XML, XSLT, and XSLT (1.0 or 2.0). They must know all HTML entities. In-depth knowledge of XML, DTD, and Schema Validate Mapping and schemas and transformations also comes in handy. So, you need to consider the facts to hire XSLT Developers. Besides, the developer may be required to have the following experience on the go:
- Expertise in the required tools for testing and debugging tools
- Proficiency in creating efficient codes
- Grip over Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Strong technical understanding and the ability to work in a team
- Understanding of software development technologies (e.g. agile)
- Ability to develop well technical documentation of the developed project
- Linux and scripting skills shall elevate the chances of hiring
- Good knowledge of database, ability to interact within and across other teams
- Capability to assist the team and estimate the time of job completion
- Self-motivation and dedication
- Experience with stylesheets and XQuery
XSLT is an emerging language in the modern world of technological advancement with multiple aspiring developers learning it. With companies hiring for a plethora of roles, job opportunities as an XSLT developer are many. The salary structure depends on various factors like the role you are applying for, your qualifications, your previous years of experience, your fluency in different programming languages and software, the hiring firm, and the job location.
XSLT developers get presented with employment in various industries such as edutech, finance, healthcare, logistics and transport, retail and eCommerce, travel, banking, and media. Employers seek professionals who not only possess adequate qualifications but also have prior experience in the field. The average salary can range from USD 60,000 to 210,000 based on the employee’s experience. Looking for the perfect candidate is a daunting challenge faced by many employers, but you can select the best with the help of Skuad. Skuad is designed to assist you in all your HR-related requirements. So, you run the extra mile without even putting your step down, we do that job for you.
How to Hire a Suitable XSLT Developer?
- Step 1: The first and foremost thing to do is to list appropriate vacancies with the proper job description. XSLT has a vast field of work and it can serve various purposes. So, you have to be definite in your descriptions.
- Step 2: You must explain the selection process well. A sound selection process helps in picking out the best candidates for the role. Since this is a technical role, the tech round has to be crucial in the process.
- Step 3: If a candidate clears all the rounds successfully, the company can then send the offer letter, thus completing the hiring process.
How Can Skuad Help You?
Being one of the most trusted global HR platforms, Skuad is a bridge between companies seeking trustworthy employees and applicants seeking employment. In the present global scenario, most companies are looking for employees through online platforms. Skuad helps you scout the exceptionally talented applicants, simplifying the hiring process by taking care of the employee contracts, payroll, compliances, and benefits. Document collection and verification is always a hassle for employers, but with Skuad, you can trust us to do that part while you completely concentrate on the employee’s growth.
Skuad helps build remote teams everywhere in the world. You can build your team in over 150+ countries. Our global HR platform helps companies hire XSLT developers around the globe. With our skills, we optimize the requirements with optimal output.
XSLT is a highly advantageous programming language that provides the ability to transform XML data from one format to another automatically. Learning XSLT is a skill that most developers and students should possess as it can present them with great employment opportunities. Skuad is your one-stop solution to both hiring and getting hired procedures. With HR solutions dedicated to all sectors, such as edutech, finance, healthcare, logistics and transport, retail and eCommerce, travel, banking, and media, Squad helps you find the most skilled employee to suit your requirements. All daily HR activities are taken over by Skuad, providing employers with a better service than the traditional solutions. With Skuad, hiring will now be hassle-free, and employees will find their best ever jobs.
Talk to Skuad experts today!