Employer of Record in Gabon
By partnering with Skuad’s Gabon EOR solution, you can expand your business and make the most of Gabon’s employable talent without setting up an entity. Our automated, tech-enabled, unified global HR platform allows the onboarding of your remote team, managing benefits, payroll, taxation, and termination of employment. Additionally, we can also sponsor work permits and oversee your visa process. Our international network ensures that your global expansion process is streamlined in the best possible manner. To hire exceptional remote talent from Gabon with the help of our global HR platform, talk to Skuad experts today!
Gabon at a Glance
Population: 2.2 million people (2021)
Currency: Central African CFA Franc (XAF)
Capital City: Libreville
Languages spoken: French and native languages
GDP: USD 18.36 billion (2021)
One platform to grow your global team
Hire and pay talent globally, the hassle -free way with SkuadTalk to an expert
Employment in Gabon
Expanding into Gabon is difficult without sufficient knowledge of the local laws. Skuad’s EOR solution for Gabon can handle all your HR-related needs while ensuring compliance with the labor and employment legislation. To know more, get in touch with Skuad and book a demo.
Contractors vs. Full-time Employees
As an organization, you have the option of hiring employees on a contractual basis. Opting for this comes with its own set of advantages. Some of these are,
- Flexibility in terms of engagement
- Cost-related benefits as contractors are not eligible for several employee benefits
- More free time since contractors work independently without close supervision
Additionally, you can also opt to hire full-time employees. Hiring full-time employees remotely comes with several advantages.
- Legal clarity and lower chances of complications arising from employee misclassification
- Inculcating a sense of loyalty among the employees due to the benefits associated with long-term contracts
- Retention of precious trade secret and job knowledge in the organization
The decision to hire contractors or full-time employees is determined by your business requirements.
- If you are looking for a team for a short duration or a special, time-bound project, we would advise that you opt for hiring contractors.
- On the other hand, if your business requires long-lasting and permanent commitment, you would require full-time employees.
Irrespective of your decision, Skuad experts provide you with tailor-made HR solutions for your business requirements in Gabon. To know more, reach out to us today!
Hiring in Gabon
Employers in Gabon have started to take advantage of technological advancements. Most employers choose to maximize their reach by posting job openings on popular employment sites and portals. Frequently used job search engines in Gabon are,
Though job search engines can come across as a convenient and easy mode of hiring, one must consider their shortcomings. These portals do not allow the employer to assess the efficiency of the candidate. Additionally, such portals also attract a large number of applicants, burdening the employer with a significant amount of filtering to undertake.
Skuad’s EOR services make it the ideal partner when you are seeking to expand to Gabon. Our unified employment platform enables your organization to hire and onboard your preferred top talent who will play a critical role in fulfilling your vision to scale up your business and make a mark in Gabon’s growing economy. Talk to Skuad experts to learn more.
Probation & Termination
The probation period in Gabon is set to six months. However, for fixed-term contracts, the probation period can be up to 24 months and can be renewed once.
Termination of Services
The major reasons for the termination of an employment contract for full-time employees are poor performance or misconduct. The employer must mandatorily write to the employee requesting an interview and discuss the reasons for the termination. Indefinite employment contracts are terminated because of the following factors.
- Dismissal due to poor performance or misconduct
- Death of the employee
- Upon reaching retirement
- If the employee resigns
Further, fixed-term contracts expire upon reaching the predetermined date of release. If either party wishes to terminate the contract before the date of expiry, they must do so in writing. The termination is considered effective on the day after the document for dismissal is submitted. A copy of the letter of termination has to be submitted to a competent employment inspectorate.
The notice given in case of termination depends on the years spent in employment in a particular company. These details are given in Article 65 of the Gabonese Labor Code.
Skuad’s Gabon EOR solution can take care of your onboarding process and manage employees as per long- and short-term contracts. We can manage their probation and termination in compliance with the local laws. To avail yourself of our services, book a demo with Skuad experts today
Business expansion is a long-drawn process that calls for extensive planning, especially when expanding to a foreign country. It is complicated and can take up to several months to complete but by choosing the EOR route for hiring employees in Gabon, you can fast-track the expansion process. Employer of Record Gabon (EOR) solutions by Skuad can make expansion to Gabon much simpler and a lot quicker for business. Our global outreach and a tech-enriched HR platform ensure compliance with local labor laws by managing employment responsibilities such as monthly payroll, work permits, employment contracts as well as taxation for your employees in Gabon. Book a demo today.
General Employer of Record Service Terms
Outsourcing Employment through an Employer of Record
As an organization entering Gabon to establish your business, you need to decide the route of your establishment. You can expand either by creating an in-house team or making use of an EOR service to manage the employee and payroll lifecycle.
Skuad’s EOR services take care of all HR-related tasks for you, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, taxation, probation, termination, and securing visas and permits in compliance with the local laws. Talk to Skuad experts today to learn more.
Types of Visas in Gabon
There are several types of visas in Gabon. The details are summarized in the table below.
To apply for and obtain visas for your employees in a simplified, hassle-free process, talk to Skuad experts today.
The Gabonese law makes it easier for the employee to get a work permit if the permission is applied by the employer, who also acts as the sponsor. This involves the following steps.
- Submitting documents in the Ministry of Labor and Human Resources showing that the employer will sponsor the worker.
- Applying for the permit with the Gabonese Work Department in the Ministry of Labor and Human Resources, along with a copy of the employee’s passport, company invitation letter, and statutory application fees.
- Approval from the Work Department, after which a copy is sent to the Department of Documentation and Immigration.
- The Department of Documentation and Immigration then prepares the work visa and shares a copy with the Gabon embassy in the applicant’s home country.
- The embassy will contact the applicant and complete the necessary formalities.
The cost of a Gabonese work permit is USD 1000 and it could take about six months to obtain the work permit once you start the entire process. Connect with Skuad experts to know more about Gabonese work permit rules and regulations.
Payroll & Taxes in Gabon
Payroll in Gabon
For setting up an effective payroll system in Gabon, any organization must be aware of the payroll rules and taxation system in the country. Additionally, you also must be well-versed in the Gabonese entitlement and termination terms. There are three options available in establishing a payroll mechanism in Gabon, as follows.
- Internal Payroll System: You choose to have an internal payroll team that will include staff, office space, labor law experts, and other employees that are required to set up an in-house payroll team.
- Remote Payroll System: You can also opt for a remote payroll system to compensate your employees in Gabon while you ensure adherence to Gabonese employment laws.
- Outsourced Payroll System: The third option includes outsourcing your payroll system to free yourself of the hurdles and burdens of the HR process. Skuad’s EOR system can manage your payroll for you in compliance with Gabon’s labor laws.
Taxes in Gabon
To expand your business without contravening any Gabonese laws regarding payroll and taxation, get in touch with Skuad experts and book a demo today.
Various Gabonese cities and regions have differing subsidiary laws that impact the ease of business, availability, and costs. This can pose a challenge to someone unfamiliar with the region and economy of Gabon.
Subsidiary options include setting up a public limited company, a branch office, or a limited liability company (LLC). The economy and level of doing business in Gabon result in organizations favoring an LLC. This includes the clause of having one director and a shareholder of any nationality; these members need not reside in Gabon. An LLC requires USD 1,700 as minimum paid-up share capital to formalize the establishment with the Gabonese Companies Registrar. The law requires you to appoint an auditor to assist in legal compliance in case you have more than USD 17,000 in paid-up capital with more than 50 employees and an annual turnover of over USD 420,000.
Here are the important steps that you need to follow to set up an LLC in Gabon.
- Place the legally required capital in a bank and secure the deposit evidence.
- Select and register the company name.
- Find and vet the transcripts of the company manager’s criminal record, if any.
- Deposit and register the company’s articles of association with the public notary.
- Deposit documents with the Investment Promotion Agency (Agence de Promotion d’Investissement).
- Ensure that you pay the fees and obtain a receipt.
- Pay for publishing the company formation notice in a legal journal (l’Union ou Hebdo-informations).
- Inform the Ministry of Labor of the operations’ commencement.
- Register the employees with the Social Security authorities.
Setting up a subsidiary in Gabon is usually challenging and time consuming. Organizations planning to expand into Gabon are best suited partnering with an Employer of Record like Skuad. Skuad’s global HR platform handles all employment needs on behalf of the organization to enable them scale business operations without setting up a subsidiary and ensuring local legal compliance in Gabon.
To know more about Skuad, book a demo today.
Professional Employer Organization(PEO)
A Professional Employer Organization (PEO) partners with your business and provides payroll services, compliances, tax filings, recruitment, and more. In comparison, EOR is a system in which a company offers all types of payroll solutions, tax filings, and compliances by becoming a full legal employer of the payroll employee. As EOR is a legal employer, they hold the liabilities and responsibilities of the workers.
The core difference between a PEO and an EOR can be understood through an example of insurance. With a PEO Gabon, your company carries on insurance and has to opt to pay coverage under their plan while under EOR services, your employees are covered by the EOR insurance and compliances.
Organizations planning to expand into new territories are better suited with a global EOR which becomes the legal employer on behalf of the organization. Instead of associating with a PEO, a co-employment partner, organizations have more to gain by utilizing the services of an EOR solution.
The EOR solution safeguards organizations from unexpected policy changes, loss of control, and potential risks as the EOR bear every legal liability for the organization. In addition to these, the EOR handles payroll, tax, and employment law compliances. To know more about Skuad's EOR solution, contact Skuad today.
Starting a business in a new country is no easy task. It comes with a host of prerequisites and challenges. Skuad is your ideal EOR partner in your expansion efforts as we take care of all the necessary conditions and formalities. Our tailor-made EOR solutions save you time, labor, and resources, so you focus on the business side of your expansion.
To know more about Skuad, book a demo today.