Global PEO in Serbia
Do you have your eye on international hiring practices? Are you interested in doing business and building a team in Serbia, but you’re not sure where to start? Then you’re in the right place.
Serbia has a large talent pool of workers eager to work with companies just like yours. And with the rise in remote work, hiring globally is easier than ever. You can start hiring workers in weeks without having to complete the Serbia company registration process. How exactly? By working with a PEO service provider.
When you work with a PEO in Serbia, like Skuad, you gain a partner that will help you navigate the nuances of working in the country. You don’t have to worry about complex legalities or travel all over the world because Skuad handles all of that for you.
So, what is a PEO? Keep reading to learn more about PEO in Serbia and how it can benefit your company to work with one.
What is PEO?
A PEO, or professional employer organization, in Serbia, is a service provider that completes human resources functions for startups, small businesses, and SMEs. PEOs typically provide payroll, compliance, benefits, and compensation conversion so your team doesn't have to take on the time-consuming burden of it internally.
PEOs have the expertise needed to maintain legal compliance with countries all over the world, allowing your company to hire globally without worrying about how to do so. A PEO can help you build a global team while you focus on more revenue-generating, core business activities.
What are the benefits of using PEO services in Serbia?
There are many benefits to using PEO services in Serbia. A PEO is a valuable partner for any ambitious and growing company, as you’ll see below:
Hire the best Serbian talent
A PEO can help you recruit and hire top Serbian talent. Working with a PEO opens up a huge pool of talent you wouldn’t be able to access without the help of an external provider. Why constrain your hiring to local workers when you can easily go global?
Did you know Serbia is ranked 52 on the Social Progress Index and 64 on the Human Development Index? The country is full of talented workers who want to work with global employers.
Become a global competitor
Companies that have global expertise are more competitive than those that don’t. Working with a PEO strengthens your knowledge of new markets and cultures, leading to a stronger global position. You’ll also be working with a team of experts who ensure your company offers competitive packages to attract workers from all over.
Save on unnecessary costs
Not only does your company save on the costly endeavor it would be establishing a new entity in Serbia, but you’ll also save on the costs associated with hiring and retaining an internal human resources team.
You’ll also avoid having to spend massive amounts to hire legal teams in Serbia to ensure your company’s structure is correct, that you’re paying employees within requirements, and that all employment laws are followed.
Learn more about how Skuad’s PEO services are cost-effective for businesses of all sizes.
Gain insight into global markets
Most ambitious businesses dream of expanding to global markets — and working with a PEO better positions your company to do so in the future. You’ll gain insight into new markets through the PEO provider and your new employees.
Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary — these are all fantastic places to start building your global team. And with one conversation with a PEO, you can take that first step.
Avoid setting up a legal entity in Serbia
If you don’t work with a PEO, the only other option you have for hire Serbian talent is to set up a business in Serbia. This is a costly and time-consuming task that is daunting for most companies.
To do this, you would have to travel to Serbia to complete documentation and other activities. You would need a legal team in the country to ensure everything is processed accurately. And you would need the time needed to complete all of this, possibly years.
But a PEO helps you avoid all of this. The PEO serves as the legal requirement for hiring in Serbia, meaning you don’t have to have an entity. Most PEO providers have entities all over the world, allowing you to hire talent from anywhere you want.
Interested in learning more about PEO in Serbia? Contact us for more information.
Improve cultural awareness
It’s important for business leaders to understand cultural differences. Working with a PEO will enable you to understand the differences in Serbia so you don’t offend your workers.
For example, did you know that employees in Serbia refer to their supervisors by their title and not their name? Or that raised voices during negotiations is a common occurrence?
Remain 100% compliant with employment laws in Serbia
A PEO provider ensures all activities completed on behalf of your organization are 100% compliant with Serbian labor laws. Several laws govern employment in Serbia, so it’s vital you understand these laws if you don’t work with a provider. They include:
- The Serbian Constitution
- The Labor Act
- The Employment Act (contains several articles)
- The Vojvodina Labor and Employment
Here are some fast facts about hiring employees and contractors in Serbia…
- The standard workweek is 40 hours, but this does depend on the industry.
- Serbian employees expect a monthly paycheck. The minimum wage is determined by The Social and Economic Council. Employers must provide pay statements every month.
- Employees are entitled to extra pay for retirement, funeral expenses, and when injured at work.
- Workweek hours cannot be less than 36 hours unless it is in a special case.
- Overtime is complex and varies by employee, but a worker can’t work more than 12 hours a day.
- Employees must be advised of changes in their schedule 5 days ahead of time.
- Serbia has strict laws around rest periods during the day and between shifts.
- Employers cannot allow personal data to be viewable by third parties.
- Employees keep their jobs when they join the military, are incarcerated, or are assigned to work abroad.
Serbia tax rate and contributions
Employee income tax:
- The Serbia income tax rate for employees ranges between 10-20% based on how much they make.
- 11.5% - Pension and disability
- 5.15% - Health insurance
- 14% - Pension and disability
- 5.15% - Health insurance
- 0.75% - Unemployment insurance
- Serbia recognizes 7 paid public holidays.
- The minimum paid leave is 20 days per year and employees can take additional unpaid leave with an employer’s approval.
- Non-work-related sick leave is up to 30 days and paid at 65% of normal wages over the past 12 months. Work-related sick leave is for 30 days at 100% of normal wages.
- Maternity leave is paid by the government. It includes 45 days of leave before birth and 3 months of leave after. Employees have the option of taking up to 1 year of childcare leave following maternity leave.
- There are no laws around paternity leave, but sometimes it can be used in place of maternity leave. It depends on the situation and there are a lot of rules around how to do this.
- Additional types of leave include:
1. Adoption leave
2. Voluntary blood donation leave
3. Marriage leave
4. Bereavement leave
What does it cost to build a team in Serbia?
The cost of building a team in Serbia depends on how you decide to do so. You have two options: establishing a new entity in Serbia or using a PEO provider. Find out more about both below.
Setting up a business in Serbia
Incorporating in Serbia is a costly and time-consuming project. It’s a lengthy process of structuring the organization, registering with government agencies, and opening accounts in Serbia. It is a complicated task that will require the company owners’ to be on-site to speak with legal teams and agencies. Establishing a new entity takes months, possibly years, of time.
Of course, you can slash the time and cost by working with a PEO provider.
PEO services in Serbia
Most PEO providers already have entities in Serbia, so you can quickly start hiring as soon as you register with the company. At Skuad, you can get started for free and cancel your account at any time, so what are you waiting for?
Skuad’s PEO services start at $19 a month per worker. We also offer Employer of Record in Serbia that starts at $199 a month per worker. Enterprise clients need to contact us for a custom quote.
Book a demo of Skuad’s PEO services in Serbia today
Are you ready to start doing business in Serbia? Do you want to hire top talent without having to establish a new entity? We can help!
At Skuad, we have the expertise needed to hire global talent for a fraction of the cost it would take to establish a new entity. We offer services in both PEO and EOR in Serbia.
Want to see for yourself? Schedule a free demo today to see our easy-to-use platform in action.